Fanatic

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Nissan Z Performance 6MT and many more...
Occupation
Hospitality Management
Good to know. Hope to see some around.

Ziggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Abarth 124
Spoke to my local Nissan dealer yesterday and they’ve only sold 4 Zs so far so they aren’t getting one. They said they are having a hard time selling Z’s at this price point and wish it was closer to 370z pricing.

I did see and sit in a silver Nismo for the first time. It has incredible presence. I see why people are buying them. It’s not what I’m looking for but man did I want to buy it!

OP
OP
MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
Spoke to my local Nissan dealer yesterday and they’ve only sold 4 Zs so far so they aren’t getting one. They said they are having a hard time selling Z’s at this price point and wish it was closer to 370z pricing.

I did see and sit in a silver Nismo for the first time. It has incredible presence. I see why people are buying them. It’s not what I’m looking for but man did I want to buy it!

so according to the materials i have seen 4 sold would possibly earn them 1 car but its based on a ranking system for example they would be lumped in with other dealers who had sold 4 and then nissan looks at total nissan sales volume. so a dealer selling 4-5 are likely to get 1. the ones that have sold 1-2 or 0 are going to be at the bottom as the formula ranks all Z sales through May 24. so it looks like June is when dealers will start to find out if they are getting one and how many

AZ 2 NV

First Name
Greggory
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'71 240-Z ,'66 Datsun Roadster,'93 300ZX, '09 SL63
Occupation
Airport Management
My understanding is that dealers can NOT take deposits or set up a contract until a valid VIN is provided.

OP
OP
MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My understanding is that dealers can NOT take deposits or set up a contract until a valid VIN is provided.

They can take a deposit whenever they want but ethically they shouldn't do it until they have an allocation. The VIN # comes later in the process as dealers don't get a VIN until their Z is already built and on a ship

OP
OP
MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z Special Edition

Building on the excitement of the all-new 2023 Nissan Z and the thrilling 2024 Nissan Z

NISMO, Nissan will be offering a Special Edition 2024 Z to honor our heritage as we approach

55 years of Z sales in the US. More details will be shared prior to wholesale release.

Nissan's allocation system is designed to ensure fair and equitable distribution of production volume to its dealers. Variability from the standard methodology on a short-term basis may be necessary from time-to-time to conduct a successful launch. Given the limited availability of this special edition, the allocation methodology for the 2024 2 Special Edition is as follows:

2024 Z Special Edition Allocation:

Dealers with 10 or more cumulative retail sales of 2023 or 2024 Nissan Z as of the end of May 2024 will be eligible to receive 3 special edition units.

Dealers with 6 or more cumulative retail sales of 2023 or 2024 Nissan Z as of the end

of May 2024 will be eligible to receive 2 special edition units Remaining dealers will be offered 1 special edition unit in rank order of cumulative

2023 and 2024 Z retail sales as of the end of May 2024 until all available production is claimed

Any ties between dealers with the same cumulative Z volume will be resolved based on 12 Rolling Months of Total Nissan Sales.

Wholesale release of the 2024 Z Special Edition is tentatively scheduled for Fall 2024.

Last edited: