Safe Jack points

Madgud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan Z
Hi
Does anybody have a picture with exact location of possible jack points for the 2023 Z.
I’d like to lift the front with a workshop hydrolic jack but noticed that on the new Z the engine cradle seems to be made of aluminum which doesn’t seem safe to lift from

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
71 240z, 90 300zx, 23 ZProtoMT, 24 Z Nismo
Hi
Does anybody have a picture with exact location of possible jack points for the 2023 Z.
I’d like to lift the front with a workshop hydrolic jack but noticed that on the new Z the engine cradle seems to be made of aluminum which doesn’t seem safe to lift from
Here you go. They are the same for the Regular Z as well. I prefer a scissor lift with pads for these Z cars. There is a spot along the frame seams with 2 notches front and back. Look at those tiny exhaust pipes😳 ugh

IMG_2132.jpeg

IMG_2131.jpeg

IMG_2130.jpeg

IMG_2129.jpeg

IMG_2128.jpeg

OP
OP

Madgud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan Z
Here you go. They are the same for the Regular Z as well. I prefer a scissor lift with pads for these Z cars. There is a spot along the frame seams with 2 notches front and back. Look at those tiny exhaust pipes😳 ugh

IMG_2132.jpeg

IMG_2131.jpeg

IMG_2130.jpeg

IMG_2129.jpeg

IMG_2128.jpeg
Thanks for the pictures and nice scissor lift.
But for those who don't have the luxury of having one of these in their garage, I was more referring to those floor hydraulic jacks like this one and a photo from underneath the car of where to place one of these to lift the whole front from the middle of car as opposed to the side rail
1700089802472.png

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks for the pictures and nice scissor lift.
But for those who don't have the luxury of having one of these in their garage, I was more referring to those floor hydraulic jacks like this one and a photo from underneath the car of where to place one of these to lift the whole front from the middle of car as opposed to the side rail
1700089802472.png
Personally wouldn’t Jack this car anywhere except the noted side rails. Use drive on ramps instead IMO. Assuming you can find ones that would work. Or you could Jack one side at a time just behind or in front of the designated lift points and place Jack stands at the designated lifts points. Making sure you have rubber pads so as not to damage the rails. Depending on how high you want it might have to work side to side. Better yet find a friend who has a proper lift:) I own several older Z cars and have had to repair both at places they were damaged by improper lift placement.

Last edited:

theboosh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
XV
Personally wouldn’t Jack this car anywhere except the noted side rails. Use drive on ramps instead IMO. Assuming you can find ones that would work.
Could anyone who's done their own oil change advise what access is like underneath for the sump plug & filter? I'm thinking of picking up some ramps soon, but the low profile ones I've seen aren't particularly high.

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Could anyone who's done their own oil change advise what access is like underneath for the sump plug & filter? I'm thinking of picking up some ramps soon, but the low profile ones I've seen aren't particularly high.
I’m putting my proto on the lift in the Morning to Install new tire/rim combo. I’ll send detailed pics of the underside to you.

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
Some low profile ramps should fit ok, if not a long piece of wood in front of each would give you a little more clearance to get on them

There is a plastic shroud over the sump drain bolt and oil filter. You just need remove a few screws and it folds back. When car is on jack stands, I use a bungee cord to hold this back out of the way.

In this vid the car is on a hoist, but you can see the plastic bit to fold back.

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Okay so here you go with photos. You have to remove the plastic undershroud to get to the filter and plug. Filter and plug are on the passenger side. Would have been pretty nice if Nissan provided cut outs for these so we wouldn’t have to remove the shroud. I’m sure there is a reason why they didn’t tho. Pretty easy after that. Might be difficult to do without a lift. See photos.

IMG_2215.jpeg

IMG_2217.jpeg

Bucko

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Permformance Black Diamond Pearl (Graphite)

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
Okay so here you go with photos. You have to remove the plastic undershroud to get to the filter and plug. Filter and plug are on the passenger side. Would have been pretty nice if Nissan provided cut outs for these so we wouldn’t have to remove the shroud. I’m sure there is a reason why they didn’t tho. Pretty easy after that. Might be difficult to do without a lift. See photos.

IMG_2215.jpeg

IMG_2217.jpeg
Yeah i did my oil few weeks ago and it was super easy to do! I used a bungie to hold the plastic flap open while I changed but ill probably switch to the Z1 undershroud eventually which has a nice door that hangs down.