Question for the people lowering the z

despicableZ

First Name
Journey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
I found there is a clip sticking out inside the rear fender.

Does it need to be knocked off when you install a lower spring or coilover?
20240212_210709.jpg
20240212_210709.jpg

Fanatic

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Nissan Z Performance 6MT and many more...
Occupation
Hospitality Management
I wouldn't knock anything off.

Brock

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 370z
I wish I could lower my Z. But living in the country prohibits doing this. If you ever drove over a skunk, or any dead critter. You definitely would think twice lol. The carcass rolls under the under carriage, and smears goo everywhere. 😱😱😱. I’m happy you’re able to do this! 😁

MattJ2020

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z
Occupation
Photographer
In Australia Kangaroo’s just fling off your bumper, headlamps, hood or windscreens… then you keep on driving 😂

KCZ

First Name
KCZ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan Z, Evora, Boxster, Jeep, Xterra.
I wish I could lower my Z. But living in the country prohibits doing this. If you ever drove over a skunk, or any dead critter. You definitely would think twice lol. The carcass rolls under the under carriage, and smears goo everywhere. 😱😱😱. I’m happy you’re able to do this! 😁
One of my friends and I went to a track day in our respective 350Z's, and he hit a skunk right in front of the main entrance to the track. There is nothing on this planet that smells as bad as smeared skunk parts burning onto a hot exhaust system. The whole garage area just reeked all weekend, prompting someone to find a roll of white paper and taping it on top of the length of the car to give it a proper skunk stripe.

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
Swift springs and spacers on mine. Didn't knock anything off. Heck, I don't think I even noticed those lol
Did u do a re alinement on them? Put my order in with a canadian authorized dealer $525 cad incl tax and free shipping

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
Did u do a re alinement on them? Put my order in with a canadian authorized dealer $525 cad incl tax and free shipping
Not right away no, in the spring I'll probably take it in for a quick once over, if anything it'll be the rear camber a bit if I want to dial it in, but for the most part it'll probably be fine

zpro_fast

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z Manual
Almost damn near the same. Maybe a touch stiffer over some very rough roads. But, they feel great. Sure beats some of the teeth jarring coils I've run in the past lmao
Can vouch for teeth jarring coils. Mine on stiff are totally unbearable. I have them dialled half and it’s nice.

on stiff, you drive over a leaf and your spine explodes. I’m not joking. 🙃