First Name
Demo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda Fit
Occupation
Construction
At this point I'm not buying any Nissan products ever again out of principle. I've been very patient. I went to the dealerships around the area and they said each of them only got ONE Z last year! That's only 3 Z's running around in a market with a ton of JDM enthusiam. They also said there isn't another Z coming on the horizon (6 mos) either! Meanwhile, these dealerships have ass-tons of their so-called best sellers, which I believe only sell well because thats all they stock. Chip shortage or not, put some of those chips in Z's instead of fucking Rogues FFS. So fuck Nissan, they have shit on all of us prospective Z customers.

pectab

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan Z, Audi A4
At this point I'm not buying any Nissan products ever again out of principle. I've been very patient. I went to the dealerships around the area and they said each of them only got ONE Z last year! That's only 3 Z's running around in a market with a ton of JDM enthusiam. They also said there isn't another Z coming on the horizon (6 mos) either! Meanwhile, these dealerships have ass-tons of their so-called best sellers, which I believe only sell well because thats all they stock. Chip shortage or not, put some of those chips in Z's instead of fucking Rogues FFS. So fuck Nissan, they have shit on all of us prospective Z customers.
Try to find a new Golf R, manual supra or getting on the waiting list for a cayman. In my area you’re looking at 2 years before getting your car. This is nothing specific to Nissan.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Try to find a new Golf R, manual supra or getting on the waiting list for a cayman. In my area you’re looking at 2 years before getting your car. This is nothing specific to Nissan.
I’ve been waiting two years and still no Z….in the local port we had cars from almost every manufacturer delivered …except Nissan.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Oh yeah? You think those are difficult to find....

GR Corolla. Unobtanium.

Hey, want a decades old 4Runner with a 5AT for $55k? Yeah, we have a dozen on the lot. Oh, and because people bolt roof top tents on them, how about some markups?

Z06fan

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Chevrolet SS Sedan, Mini Cooper S
Occupation
entrepreneur
I followed this on BAT and the person that bought it, bought it for his father so there was also an emotional component to his bidding. The prices on BAT seem to be dropping a little bit but there's still a long way to go to get back to "sanity".

pectab

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan Z, Audi A4
Oh yeah? You think those are difficult to find....

GR Corolla. Unobtanium.

Hey, want a decades old 4Runner with a 5AT for $55k? Yeah, we have a dozen on the lot. Oh, and because people bolt roof top tents on them, how about some markups?
Yeah I know, I got lucky getting my Z in just under a year. Everything that I like and can afford is next to impossible to get.

Rspctbruh

First Name
Demo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda Fit
Occupation
Construction
Dude, I went to Toyota just the other day and they said they could order me a Supra and it'd be here in 6 months or less. I haven't been waiting for a manual Supra for over a year either.

pectab

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan Z, Audi A4
Dude, I went to Toyota just the other day and they said they could order me a Supra and it'd be here in 6 months or less. I haven't been waiting for a manual Supra for over a year either.
Not in Canada. They consider manual Supra "Limited Availability" and cannot guarantee delivery of order.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
glad it didn't happen, but kinda surprised the Z didn't go for a lot more with all the hype and stealerships asking for msrp along with your first born and a kidney...

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
Yes, but this is a used car.
But all Protos >MSRP are sold as 2nd owner. First owner is the dealership which is how they all circumvent the MSRP w/o being penalized by the car makers.

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
But all Protos >MSRP are sold as 2nd owner. First owner is the dealership which is how they all circumvent the MSRP w/o being penalized by the car makers.
At least in the US, the manufacturer has little to no control on what a dealer may charge. Only a couple nameplates incur penalties to their stores and they are usually on rare/limited models.

Protos sold in the US are sold with an MSO - Manufacturers Statement of Origin, which is the manufacturer's title.

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A couple
Huh? I've never heard of this. Speaking from a US standpoint, dealers aren't circumventing MSRP. It's completely allowed in the US. They're simply adding markups which is completely legal.