First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 VW GTI 2d
Occupation
Database Programmer
Has anyone heard of this Cilajet "airplane coating"? This dealership I've been in contact with for my future Z offers it as their ceramic coating equivalence. But buy time addons from dealerships and "worth a damn" don't usually mix.

Or, any ceramic coating brand recommendations that y'all have run through the mill?

I'm going diamond metallic black, hence my concern and plans to take it from dealership to coating when that magical time comes

TiresAlwaysFlat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Power Wheels
I've been using CarPro CQuartz 3.0 ceramic on friends and my personal vehicles. I haven't used or heard of Cilajet ceramic but I personally stay away from whatever car dealers have to offer in terms of car protection. If you really want the best protection invest on PPF.

DanPYo

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 VW GTI 2d
Occupation
Database Programmer

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
One day I'll search for the right things before creating a thread. My bad.
No worries! Was just trying to help both you and the fine folks who manage this site. I'm right there with you, though—I wanna protect this car and set it up to last.

DanPYo

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 VW GTI 2d
Occupation
Database Programmer
My dad used to used Zaino when I was growing up. Told myself I'm never going over a car with a clay bar the size of a bar of soap ever again. But damn do I want the same results. Figure the ceramic base will allow me to half ass the subsequent layers (but still keep up on them!) and it still shine like a black diamond!.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
I find car care to be rather meditative, if you will. And it's often worth the effort, like what you're getting at above.

Maybe it's because I spend time on a computer all day for work, but being able to use hands + have a task that involves using hands but not screens + you get the satisfaction of having a physical end result just, resonates with me. I'll put some music on (or sports, depending on time of year since Sunday is usually cleaning day) and just, zone out.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Is that recent …it’s gotta hurt
Last year. Uninsured driver and I had to fight my own insurance company over shoddy workmanship. It's still obvious that the car has been hit there.

Between "life happens" and my years of scavenging in junkyards, I just can't see people's fascination with obsessing over their car. They all end up in the junkyard one day!

kutaba

First Name
Kutaba
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z Proto - pathfinder
Occupation
Creative
So would you recommend
Ceramic coating or PPf ?