Please Nissan. Upgrade the interior product!

Mardoc01

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan max plat.
Layout is ok. not new. But quality of seats and plastics are so inferior to Supra and other comps……

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
It is what it is, Nissan won't spend any new dev $$ on the Z platform. One of the best upgrades IMO is to swap out the seats with Recaro Sportsters from the last gen NIsmo 370Z, but not sure if the airbags are adaptable. Still better if you can adapt the 100% genuine Recaros from JDM Nismo Juke.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
Layout is ok. not new. But quality of seats and plastics are so inferior to Supra and other comps……
If you want German, go there bro. I hear people complaining. If you don’t like it buy that. I’m ok with the material. Not expecting a luxury sports car

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
I dont think the new Z is bad inside if you go for the premium, over all its fine kind of minimalist which I like. I got small nitpicks like center console placement of heated seat switches dont look great and some hard plastic in that general area. door skins are 370 carry over which is fine. overall feels kind of middle of the road which is to be expected. I dont think I would change the design at all but maybe a little more soft touch materials and stitch if anything.

now honestly the non performance sport trim is a little lacking as seats look like rental car seats. but that car maybe more meant for someone who will do aftermarket seats.

It is what it is, Nissan won't spend any new dev $$ on the Z platform. One of the best upgrades IMO is to swap out the seats with Recaro Sportsters from the last gen NIsmo 370Z, but not sure if the airbags are adaptable. Still better if you can adapt the 100% genuine Recaros from JDM Nismo Juke.
dont even need to go JDM. my 2015 JUKE NISMO RS had the awesome sportster CS seats. problem is the rails are too high for Z or even GTR applications

OP
OP

Mardoc01

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan max plat.
I dont think the new Z is bad inside if you go for the premium, over all its fine kind of minimalist which I like. I got small nitpicks like center console placement of heated seat switches dont look great and some hard plastic in that general area. door skins are 370 carry over which is fine. overall feels kind of middle of the road which is to be expected. I dont think I would change the design at all but maybe a little more soft touch materials and stitch if anything.

now honestly the non performance sport trim is a little lacking as seats look like rental car seats. but that car maybe more meant for someone who will do aftermarket seats.

dont even need to go JDM. my 2015 JUKE NISMO RS had the awesome sportster CS seats. problem is the rails are too high for Z or even GTR applications
Yes! All I would hope for are what you suggest …

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
I dont think I would change the design at all but maybe a little more soft touch materials and stitch if anything.

Agree, the overall design is good, Z heritage kept - the gauges, console, etc. It's the materials, contact points are so important for that 'upscale' feel. Even Mazda has always had tasteful interiors.

That Sport trim is for sure for someone that wants to upgrade the snots out of the Z, seats a first, then LSD, brakes....

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
71 240z, 90 300zx, 23 ZProtoMT, 24 Z Nismo
I actually think the interior of My Proto is very good quality for the money spent on this car. Maybe it is just the Proto interior that is better. I have not seen another interior in person. I have a 22 Corvette C8 with 3lt interior at almost twice the price. Comparing the 2 car interiors I come to the conclusion that the interior of the Z is a relative Very good Value.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I actually think the interior of My Proto is very good quality for the money spent on this car. Maybe it is just the Proto interior that is better. I have not seen another interior in person. I have a 22 Corvette C8 with 3lt interior at almost twice the price. Comparing the 2 car interiors I come to the conclusion that the interior of the Z is a relative Very good Value.

the C8 interior is nice. the square wheel took a bit of getting used to but now I like it. seats and materials feel great. I will admit im not a fan of the vertical divider between the driver and passenger the buttons placed on there are a bit redundant as all the HVAC is also on the screen. I just feel like that area takes up so much real estate in the cabin for what it is.

this is how I speced out my dads 2023 3LT. you can get crazy with the combos but just did a simple black with red stitch and belts as accents. If it would have been mine I would have done the microfiber wheel and seat inserts but he didnt want that as he thought it would stain. MSRP on this car was like 96K so almost the price of a performance plus a sport. so in that comparison I do agree the Z holds up for being close(ish) to half the price barring a couple tweaks I would have done in my first post.

PXL_20220701_164616404.jpg

Last edited:

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
one other small issue I have with the Z is the red accent interior. when I was searching for mine I was really torn between the red accent and the plain graphite. I emailed on multiple cars that had both and ended up buying the graphite as it was the best deal. by issue is what while I love the seats (as they remind me of my 2012 Black edition GTR) and I like the door inserts and even the glove compartment wrap around...

I just wasnt sold on the red leather under the NAV. especially where that red area touches the red that extends down to the shifter area. I just feel like that red on red right there is a bit much. granted I havent seen it in person only pics but I almost think it would have been better if the lower piece was black.

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
one other small issue I have with the Z is the red accent interior. when I was searching for mine I was really torn between the red accent and the plain graphite. I emailed on multiple cars that had both and ended up buying the graphite as it was the best deal. by issue is what while I love the seats (as they remind me of my 2012 Black edition GTR) and I like the door inserts and even the glove compartment wrap around...

I just wasnt sold on the red leather under the NAV. especially where that red area touches the red that extends down to the shifter area. I just feel like that red on red right there is a bit much. granted I havent seen it in person only pics but I almost think it would have been better if the lower piece was black.
I can't convince myself to go for the color leather. It seems a bit overdone. I think if it had just been on the seats (and only on the bolsters) and doors I might take the plunge. But I'm shopping for all graphite.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I can't convince myself to go for the color leather. It seems a bit overdone. I think if it had just been on the seats (and only on the bolsters) and doors I might take the plunge. But I'm shopping for all graphite.

thats the good part about the red as the seats are only the bolsters. the blue being all blue is just overkill to me and ive seen that one in person. but I get why they did it for nostalgia as that all blue was an option on the 240.
1679254062677.png

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
thats the good part about the red as the seats are only the bolsters. the blue being all blue is just overkill to me and ive seen that one in person. but I get why they did it for nostalgia as that all blue was an option on the 240.
1679254062677.png
I'm going for Seiran Blue, so red's off the table. What's the ETA on your black Z?

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm going for Seiran Blue, so red's off the table. What's the ETA on your black Z?
as of yesterday I heard it was 3/30-4/3 good part is its in transit so no longer stuck at port.

yeah red looks good on like 4 colors. but ive seen a yellow with the red listed for sale which would just destroy resale in my opinion. nissan shouldnt let that be a combo unless you are a Mcdonalds employee.

off topic but Nissan japan did a Mcdonlads theme NISMO for a promotional tie in

1679254803447.png

Im not a fan of the red with the blue exterior either as its the superman look but I guess its not the worst since it already has red calipers. nissan did red accents on the blue GTRs one year. wasnt my favorite combo

OP
OP

Mardoc01

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan max plat.

Agree. But please nissanimprove the quality