Please add ventilated seats to the performance package ….

ceric

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Mazda6
Yes. Cooled seats work well if you ever sit in one for a long drive.
Ventilated seats? Not so much.
The difference is active(cooled) vs passive(ventilated) cooling.
I would happily pay for cooled seats, not ventilated ones.

zeeder

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'13 370Z ST 6MT
Well shite. You’re right. To get ventilation you need premium. Just as the Performance package in the z should have it! Btw. Relax Alice. Jesus.
For Porsche, you can add them standalone for $700, or thereabouts.

I usually price Caymans, the 911 is $840:
1631311085320.png

Heavy Dupree

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 AMG C63S, 2020 Tacoma TRD Sport
Occupation
Retired
Pretty much everything is an add-on charge with Porsche, as soon as I saw the word "standard" my radar blipped.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Seats make your back sweat, even when the AC is full force, because you are trapping heat between your back and the seat surface and preventing evaporation. Worse with leather. Ventilated seats work by blowing/pulling air in that area that traps the heat and sweat. Creating a chilling effect by helping evaporate the sweat and moving air.
In the vehicles I've been in (newer Escalade and CTS) it takes forever to feel the effect.
Some cars are better, and people love them if they are effective.
So if installed as an afterthought, and when they were not originally costed in….my guess it they wouldn’t be the best and most effective in the market. So would they then still be worthwhile in your opinion?

I have almost the exact seats in my Peugeot and have to say they don’t hold the heat nowhere near as much as traditional all leather seating. The suede really helps to absorb some of the heat

MARLEY

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 RAM 1500 Laramie
Occupation
US Coast Guard
Out of interest how long do they take to cool?
Is it like your AC that takes time to work or is it instantaneous
If it takes time I don’t see the appeal because by the time it works your AC has cooled the whole cabin.
Being from West Aus we have some of the driest hottest summers …Christmas ever was 41 degrees Celsius last year ?
It's almost instant. Way faster than the A/C. The best part is using the cooled seats with the windows down. Usually the A/C is pointless with the windows down, but the seats keep you cool and happy.

OP
OP

Mardoc01

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan max plat.
It's almost instant. Way faster than the A/C. The best part is using the cooled seats with the windows down. Usually the A/C is pointless with the windows down, but the seats keep you cool and happy.
Agree

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
So if installed as an afterthought, and when they were not originally costed in….my guess it they wouldn’t be the best and most effective in the market. So would they then still be worthwhile in your opinion?

I have almost the exact seats in my Peugeot and have to say they don’t hold the heat nowhere near as much as traditional all leather seating. The suede really helps to absorb some of the heat
The cushions and seat covers must be specifically engineered for cooling/venting. I used to install aftermarket seat heaters, cruise controls, sunroofs and A/C...it's been a while but I have not heard of aftermarket cooled seats. They really need to be specifically engineered to be effective.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
i had heated seats in my z4...i never remembered they were there lol.

no matter anyways, i'm sure they quit working once the warranty ran out...

Bobcat

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
nurse
Seats make your back sweat, even when the AC is full force, because you are trapping heat between your back and the seat surface and preventing evaporation. Worse with leather. Ventilated seats work by blowing/pulling air in that area that traps the heat and sweat. Creating a chilling effect by helping evaporate the sweat and moving air.
In the vehicles I've been in (newer Escalade and CTS) it takes forever to feel the effect.
Some cars are better, and people love them if they are effective.
I don't know if its because my car is getting older (16GT), but it takes about 5 minutes to feel anything now. It sure seemed to cool quicker the first few years after I got it. But when I test drove a couple Challengers, those seats cooled almost instantly and you could feel more airflow.

OP
OP

Mardoc01

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan max plat.
I don't know if its because my car is getting older (16GT), but it takes about 5 minutes to feel anything now. It sure seemed to cool quicker the first few years after I got it. But when I test drove a couple Challengers, those seats cooled almost instantly and you could feel more airflow.
Yessir!