Petition: Where’s my Z

Yasha

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Pending 2023 Z
Occupation
Software Engineer
I state facts and your response is based on assumptions.

Sounds about right. And although I'm nowhere near a "boomer" it's clear you harbor prejudice and thinks it's appropriate to call people an age-related name.

Keep responding to facts with your warped emotions.

Oh, and I sleep very well
As for why my reply was so extra, it was purposefully to mirror your own over-generalization of younger people. It was to get a reaction from you. Your quote here is the real sign of prejudice:

"The idiots of today, let's call them the "extinction generation", think they can will into existence facts using social media. "
Ah yes, what a loving description of an entire generation. You're just bursting at the seams with non-judgement and affection. At least have some self-awareness if you're going to act intellectual.

Many of the people calling it 400Z are doing it out of ignorance. But the fact that it makes you mad enough to write that essay is worth laughing at, and laugh I did.

You had an extreme reaction to something so trivial. I'm well aware of the engine displacement being used for the naming scheme, that fact is unrelated to whether or not someone can come up with a fun nickname for the car. Let people call it what they want, you don't own car culture.

FYI I generally like your posts and have no problems with you as a person, but this old man circlejerking was worth pointing out.

Last edited:

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
As for why my reply was so extra, it was purposefully to mirror your own over-generalization of younger people. It was to get a reaction from you. Your quote here is the real sign of prejudice:

Ah yes, what a loving description of an entire generation. You're just bursting at the seams with non-judgement and affection. At least have some self-awareness if you're going to act intellectual.

Many of the people calling it 400Z are doing it out of ignorance. But the fact that it makes you mad enough to write that essay is worth laughing at, and laugh I did.

You had an extreme reaction to something so trivial. I'm well aware of the engine displacement being used for the naming scheme, that fact is unrelated to whether or not someone can come up with a fun nickname for the car. Let people call it what they want, you don't own car culture.

FYI I generally like your posts and have no problems with you as a person, but this old man circlejerking was worth pointing out.
I'm not an old man, yet, but I am down for some circle jerking!

Raven1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 350z HR Motor
Occupation
503rd Lead Farmer
Ok Kiddos Just Don't Go Chop Top The Roof Off, Paint Idiotic Flames On The Side And Throw A Massively Lame Spoiler On The Back Of That 400 Undred Zee . . .

clint-eastwood-gran-torino.gif

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
Getting kind of pissed at Nissan here again for the lack of communication. Canada still has yet to receive a single car for retail sale, dealer demo, Proto spec's or anything.

9-10 months after pre-order, and official dealer placed order window.. and nothing.. absolutely nothing. Not a car in sight. No word, no ETA, no news, not even a f'ing drip of information. Yet, there's base models, proto's and performance spec's for sale and been taken delivery in the USA.. how can no cars make their way north. It's a wayyyyyyy smaller market than the USA, and you're telling me you can't squeeze a few cars in for Canadian dealerships? Fuck our cars have even less features than the US variants.

Spring 2022! Come get it.. Oh, we've experienced a parts shortage and supply chain issues. Expect deliveries between July-September at the latest. Website update time; "Available summer 2022".. oops, ok, lets change the website again, "Available Fall 2022".. Ok yeah we fucked that up.. "Available spring 2023!"

What in the living f* was the point of pre-ordering/reservation, or placing an ACTUAL order through the dealership network to Nissan Canada if they fail to build and deliver a car in 10 f'ing months ?

I get the issues with supply chain and all that crap.. but.. you're telling me they can only make a handful of cars in a goddamn year? A YEAR ? for a mega billion dollar 9.5 million square ft smart facility that practically builds it's own cars, produce 300,000 cars a year, employs over 5,000 people, it's absolutely pathetic. And they don't even make the outgoing Z, (obviously) and the Q60 is no longer..

Here's a quick timeline for people that forget how long it's been...

May 28th 2020: Nissan's A-Z campaign teased - First glimpse of a Z in shadows

September 16th, 2020: Nissan Z proto has been unveiled

August 17th, 2021: Official production car revealed!

February 13th, 2022: Superbowl commercials

May 16th, 2022: Pricing and trim reveal

Fast forward to today..
Still jerking us off over a car that is over two years in the making ?

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Still jerking us off over a car that is over two years in the making ?
Honestly, jerking us off would be welcome.....

Totally agree, they really should keep customers up to date, even the bad news. I honestly think it's the Japanese stubbornness to admit defeat and apologize that's driving this shit show.

That video reveal they did a while back was just a cruel tease. I seriously wouldn't be surprised if Nissan is falling apart behind the scenes, and the Z is by far the least of their worries. I mean, if we wake up tomorrow to every Nissan dealer being shuttered, would it surprise anyone?

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Honestly, jerking us off would be welcome.....

Totally agree, they really should keep customers up to date, even the bad news. I honestly think it's the Japanese stubbornness to admit defeat and apologize that's driving this shit show.

That video reveal they did a while back was just a cruel tease. I seriously wouldn't be surprised if Nissan is falling apart behind the scenes, and the Z is by far the least of their worries. I mean, if we wake up tomorrow to every Nissan dealer being shuttered, would it surprise anyone?
This has actually been a concern for me of late. If they go bung, what happens to my deposit?
And if they get the car out, but then go bankrupt….what happens to my warranty?
It’s starting to feel like a very bad financial decision to hold out …my head tells me to get out now. My heart is a different matter 😖

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
Why do i got a feeling canada is probably in the worst situation, no transparency as to when the car was supposedly released and then to a random update on the website to 23 of spring? Watch nissan canada fuck us even harder with oh we are just going to sell protos and then the other trims at a later date

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
This has actually been a concern for me of late. If they go bung, what happens to my deposit?
And if they get the car out, but then go bankrupt….what happens to my warranty?
It’s starting to feel like a very bad financial decision to hold out …my head tells me to get out now. My heart is a different matter 😖
I've seen car brands fail in the USA. We had a Saab when Saab went under, and there was a recall where GM or Subaru was enlisted to handle it. Getting parts was a nightmare and we decided to sell the car before it became too old.

From a US perspective, I wouldn't worry about a deposit, those are usually returned right away. However, long term ownership and warranty can be an issue, in USA failed car companies are usually assigned a support network for the remainder of the warranty. We lost Sterling, Peugot, Suzuki, Daihatsu, Yugo....and a few cross-branded marques like Merkur, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, etc.

So it's happened, but I don't recall deposits being an issue. Things may be different over yonder!

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Why do i got a feeling canada is probably in the worst situation, no transparency as to when the car was supposedly released and then to a random update on the website to 23 of spring? Watch nissan canada fuck us even harder with oh we are just going to sell protos and then the other trims at a later date
I don’t realistically think anyone is sitting in a good position.
In Aus from what I can tell, there has only been a handful of Protos delivered….nowhere near the full allocation.
The coupes are all just dealer demos and again few and far between, not a single one has been delivered to customers.
On the surface it may seem like we are in front of you guys, and maybe we are. But IF we are, it wouldn’t be very far in front.

Our pre ordered coupes are in the same boat as you ….we have had no details as to when or even if we will be allocated a car. Keeping in mind I was originally told delivery would be last December when I put my deposit down in April. Here we are in October, and questioning if realistically the car will even arrive this December, a full year on for what was promised. I get there are delays, BUT BRZs and WRXs are now arriving in Aus, the mustang and Supra manual supposedly here early next year, new Civics are here, Hyundai and Mazda have cars coming in regularly ….the time for excuses is over
Most of the examples above were revealed way after the Z yet we are still here waiting

An email from head office explaining and apologising for the delay with a truthful estimate of when we will see our cars would go a very long way, and take them all of half an hour to produce. I know one thing.
After I get this car ( if I ever do) I will never look at another Nissan again, I don’t want to be tempted into this bullshit game ever again

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
Anyone feel like these forums are pretty dead? No new information in regards to my area in canada, not 1 car delivered yet. Discussion very limited other than shitting on nissan (rightfully so). I hope @Dan_Passe comes back and answers some of our questions other then markups(out of his control). All im thinking in my head is how did they send off a preproduction show in august(2021) yet we are still sitting here with no cars delivered besides a very limited protospec in mid October? And honestly im tired of this stupid supply chain excuse. So what gives?

rocksandblues

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GL450, m3, e90, GLC300, Zupra, C280
Occupation
taco bell
Anyone feel like these forums are pretty dead? No new information in regards to my area in canada, not 1 car delivered yet. Discussion very limited other than shitting on nissan (rightfully so). I hope @Dan_Passe comes back and answers some of our questions other then markups(out of his control). All im thinking in my head is how did they send off a preproduction show in august(2021) yet we are still sitting here with no cars delivered besides a very limited protospec in mid October? And honestly im tired of this stupid supply chain excuse. So what gives?
Dead because no cars for sale (reasonable reality unless youtube star$). No cars in wild.
Nothing to talk about because none of us have one, no prospects of getting one or even seeing one. So none of us can evaluate, ask questions about mods, share experiences, etc.

It is a failed product launch from a company that is probably further down the drain than we know. Would not be surprised if it went bankrupt and some wealthy shipping Company bought it. Stripped the assets and went back to making boring SUVs or tried to reinvent as an EV company

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
at one point people all had the idea of getting the Z but time goes on and info get worse or in some cases no info at all people get tired, people cross shop, people come up with why would X cost just as much as Y or more but Y does XYZ...