First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SUBARU
Occupation
sales
I was going to post this rant in the thread dedicated to those who have bailed out, but I can't find it.

Nissan sucks. I try to be empathetic with the circumstances, but would it surprise anyone if tomorrow we woke up to the news that Nissan folded?

My local dealership has basically no, or insignificant inventory. Either Nissan hates them or Nissan is unable to manufacture anything. I suppose that the latter is true.

My wife thinks I'm insane. I made our household watch the official Z reveal, and that seems like more than a year ago.

I have saved my money so I could buy one with cash. There's no Z to buy and I hear that dealers have become so arrogant as to reject cash buyers in favor of financed buyers. Then there's the inevitable ADMs.

So, I did everything "right" I saved my money. I watched the Nissan official reveal. I got excited. Now I'm left with what?

Where's the reasonable updates? I can understand if Nissan communicates to us that they may be facing significant challenges. Why can't they fucking level with us?

I told y'all that the reveal video showed the Z driving in obvious fall weather. That seemed cynical enough. Now I can clearly see, even this winter, aside from a few ugly ass Protos (sorry 71Zman, chock it up to jealousy) we're not getting shit. I'd be fine with honest communication.

Again, at this point, it wouldn't surprise me to hear that Nissan folded.
I am in the same boat as you, saved all year and ready with a cash buy. No cars. I have been managing a Subaru dealership for 37 years and I have never seen a bigger screw up then the launch of the new Z. This is totally ridiculous at this point. No information from dealers or corporate. Frustrating to say the least. I once ordered a 1977 Corvette and waited 8 months for it to come in and vowed never to do that again especially since the vette was crap and sold it and got a 280Z. Very disappointing from Nissan corporation and they really dropped the ball on this one. They do not even provide any updates at all so therefore they have lost a lot of buyers for this car. And as far as any ADM, never will happen with me. I will gladly pay MSRP period or I will do just fine buying another brand sports car.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
This needs to be shared far and wide…someone should post it on Nissans Facebook page….unfortunately the clip is not suitable for Australian Nissan because it centres around the dealer mark ups, which whilst are a huge problem for the US is not the only problem and not that of the Canadian and Aus market.
I think he did a great job but wish he delved a bit deeper to also expose the lack of communication and transparency that is occurring especially around estimated delivery times, we Aussies and Canadians may not have the mark up to deal with, but we are still not seeing any cars, except for a very few Protos which seem to already be being flipped ( which implies these cars went to people with some kind of link to Nissan)
I visited my dealer today just to check in..my question
Do you honestly believe we will see our orders this year (keeping in mind this is what Nissan Aus promised for early orders)?
She said…as you have had your order in for so long I truly hope so. Give it another month and hopefully we will hear something. But even she admitted if there is no information forthcoming this month that she will be getting worried.
And when I mentioned that I’m getting closer to jumping ship, even she said she can completely understand.

For us it’s a bit different..I actually feel sorry for our dealers..no cars means no commission and they are not charging above retail so they are just as desperate to get the cars and move them on as we are to have them.

Yes Nissan US need to do something about the mark ups..it’s disgusting and unethical, and it will hurt Nissans standing BUT it’s almost irrelevant, because if there are no cars to sell there are no mark ups to worry about.
First issue is production, second deal with the dealers greed….having said that if they produce enough there won’t be as much wriggle room to mark them up, so production really is the key

Cmtremor

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 6.7 ram 2500, S14 silvia, 1uz 84" celica
Occupation
millwright
This needs to be shared far and wide…someone should post it on Nissans Facebook page….unfortunately the clip is not suitable for Australian Nissan because it centres around the dealer mark ups, which whilst are a huge problem for the US is not the only problem and not that of the Canadian and Aus market.
I think he did a great job but wish he delved a bit deeper to also expose the lack of communication and transparency that is occurring especially around estimated delivery times, we Aussies and Canadians may not have the mark up to deal with, but we are still not seeing any cars, except for a very few Protos which seem to already be being flipped ( which implies these cars went to people with some kind of link to Nissan)
I visited my dealer today just to check in..my question
Do you honestly believe we will see our orders this year (keeping in mind this is what Nissan Aus promised for early orders)?
She said…as you have had your order in for so long I truly hope so. Give it another month and hopefully we will hear something. But even she admitted if there is no information forthcoming this month that she will be getting worried.
And when I mentioned that I’m getting closer to jumping ship, even she said she can completely understand.

For us it’s a bit different..I actually feel sorry for our dealers..no cars means no commission and they are not charging above retail so they are just as desperate to get the cars and move them on as we are to have them.

Yes Nissan US need to do something about the mark ups..it’s disgusting and unethical, and it will hurt Nissans standing BUT it’s almost irrelevant, because if there are no cars to sell there are no mark ups to worry about.
First issue is production, second deal with the dealers greed….having said that if they produce enough there won’t be as much wriggle room to mark them up, so production really is the key
For Nissan … they have choosen to meet the us market demand due to greed … notice how the only market able to mark up the cars is seeing them first. Nissan is showing its true colours on its care for the customer… I jumped ship and pulled my deposit back as I can’t justify supporting this anymore.

to stay on topic … I’d love to see a petition but doubt it will get any answers other then “market challenges”… it’s absolutely nuts that a company can legally take money form customers and provide zero Update in 8+ months and 4 months after promised delivery but can update a website with increased pricing and deliver to other customers with zero deposits.

Guinness world records should award Nissan for worst vehicle launch

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
We are "on topic"

This weekend we had a party, one of my friends has reservations for 4 different vehicles, he's going to just get whatever comes up first. He asked why I don't do the same. The problem is that the cars I am considering, Z, GR4 Corolla, possibly CTR, are from manufacturers that don't offer reservations. To be clear, dealership reservation doesn't count, because those come from allocations.

With the reservation system, a customer gets the ability to go online and see the status of their order. Nissan just throws the few cars they make to the wolves. We have absolutely no idea when these vehicles are going to be available, not just because there's no reservation system, but also because Nissan isn't issuing any statements. Even though Toyota doesn't do reservations, they issue regular updates on the conditions they face. (I may be wrong about Toyota, I know you can order a Tundra, but ordered Tundras get put on the back burner in favor of dealer allocation deliveries that can be marked up, and no Toyota dealer I talked to could order a GR4 Corolla for me.....)

A lot of the reservations also allow the customer protection from markups, again not talking about dealership reservations....

My friend has reservations for the Maverick hybrid, Bronco, Lightning and the Mustang SUV EV thingy. Doesn't help me....

jaymes

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
infiniti
Just buy a used sports car at this point, honestly. Or a used anything, really.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Additional petition suggestions:

-be more forthcoming, open, honest about production challenges and clearly communicate to potential customers

-allow ordering direct from Nissan. Figure it out and cut the excuses.

-instead of saying "dealers are allowed to set any price they want" try to reign them in.

-consider contractual clause with potential buyers that forbids flipping, multiple cars per owner/household and transfer to dealership lots through buyers who may be "in the biz"

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
Yea, I think I'm out of the Z game..unfortunately. I would love one soon, but doubtful we'll see many performance spec in peoples hands soon.

After this past Saturday, I'm looking at completely different vehicle/brand and if all works out (fingers crossed) I'll be out of the Z game for ~3 years LOL.

We're also on the Chevy Blazer EV reservation for next year so we shall see..

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Just spotted Diamond Bar CA on 57 freeway

1664828246189.jpeg

1664828313384.jpeg

But Does It Djent?

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1998 BMW Z3
Dammit Nissan I am literally trying to throw my money at you but you just won't let me lmfao. I've been in contact with a few more Nissan dealers, a few just straight ignore me after I tell them I'm not interested in any other model. It's frustrating.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Yea, I think I'm out of the Z game..unfortunately. I would love one soon, but doubtful we'll see many performance spec in peoples hands soon.

After this past Saturday, I'm looking at completely different vehicle/brand and if all works out (fingers crossed) I'll be out of the Z game for ~3 years LOL.

We're also on the Chevy Blazer EV reservation for next year so we shall see..
What are you thinking?

A quick search on cars.com/AT/Nissan USA show them sloooooowly making their way to dealers from what I can tell, but it's definitely going to continue to be rough sailing and I can only imagine what dealers are going to try to get away with for the rest of the year. Also not nearly as many color varieties as I would have hoped. Then again, shouldn't surprise me.

A few dealers around here keep saying "oh we have a Proto, you want it?" so wonder if people aren't biting as much as initially expected (by Nissan, not us). I'm sure interest rates are playing a part, too.

MycarisZ

First Name
Mohammed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda Miata
Occupation
Project Manager
Dammit Nissan I am literally trying to throw my money at you but you just won't let me lmfao. I've been in contact with a few more Nissan dealers, a few just straight ignore me after I tell them I'm not interested in any other model. It's frustrating.
For all the hate Nissan is getting here, I have a similar experience with a Porsche dealer earlier this year. Did not want to accept a deposit even though I am willing to pay them… cause they cannot guarantee a delivery for the next 18 months and I promptly took my money and put it on a Z. Still waiting but I have no rush, whenever the car is there I will take it. It is not a need at this moment for me but a want which I am looking forward to.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
For all the hate Nissan is getting here, I have a similar experience with a Porsche dealer earlier this year. Did not want to accept a deposit even though I am willing to pay them… cause they cannot guarantee a delivery for the next 18 months and I promptly took my money and put it on a Z. Still waiting but I have no rush, whenever the car is there I will take it. It is not a need at this moment for me but a want which I am looking forward to.
“Earlier this year” now flip it. Imagine you had given a deposit a year and a half ago and you are still no closer to even knowing if you will get a car ( just a performance, not talking Proto) after going through an official reservation set up with an ETA of mid 2022 ( although initially it was a lot earlier than that) ….and have absolutely 0 information.
Would you feel the same?

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
What are you thinking?

A quick search on cars.com/AT/Nissan USA show them sloooooowly making their way to dealers from what I can tell, but it's definitely going to continue to be rough sailing and I can only imagine what dealers are going to try to get away with for the rest of the year. Also not nearly as many color varieties as I would have hoped. Then again, shouldn't surprise me.

A few dealers around here keep saying "oh we have a Proto, you want it?" so wonder if people aren't biting as much as initially expected (by Nissan, not us). I'm sure interest rates are playing a part, too.
The Z was always a dream to want to get new and soon since I'd want to keep the audi. Also the markups are outrageous so not gonna be in the market for a MSRP z until a year minimum. Add to this wife and I are thinking of starting a family so can't think about 2 door or my audi with its loud exhaust..but to answer your question, I'm looking at an X3M. Found one and am 99% sure I'm gonna pick it up...gotta get the dealer snd wife to agree on s4 trade in apprisal..