Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ5
Occupation
District Manager
So my options are:
1) send the plates to the DOT neatest my dealership for the dealership to collect abd apply to the vehicle

Or

2) have the generic plates from the vehicle in question and hand them in in exchange for my custom plates.

When I went in to just collect them, she looked at me like a fucking idiot thinking I could just waltz up and claim what I'd paid in full for. Silly WA. ๐Ÿ˜’

Nah, no yearly charge...that I know of ๐Ÿค”
Gosh this all sounds a task for you and @West Aussie ๐Ÿ˜” what if you guys just want to buy number plates to display at home/man cave? Like your name or just anything?

So you pay for plates and don't "own" them until you purchase the car to put them on even though you have paid for them?

Can you just put them on your current daily you own? And if you did do that and then took them off to replace with generic plates (maybe selling that car) would you need to give your custom plates back? ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”
Curious haha.
Sorry I'm over thinking this a bit ๐Ÿ˜‚

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
Gosh this all sounds a task for you and @West Aussie ๐Ÿ˜” what if you guys just want to buy number plates to display at home/man cave? Like your name or just anything?

So you pay for plates and don't "own" them until you purchase the car to put them on even though you have paid for them?

Can you just put them on your current daily you own? And if you did do that and then took them off to replace with generic plates (maybe selling that car) would you need to give your custom plates back? ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”
Curious haha.
Sorry I'm over thinking this a bit ๐Ÿ˜‚
Yeah mate, it's ridiculous. But in answer to your question - and I'm no WA native - you're not claiming anything all because you've paid for it. That's just nonsense haha

And yep, I've paid in full but the plates are being held hostage by some receptionist with a short disposition towards those unfamiliar with the rules!

Love ya thinking mate, but I reckon that yeah, you could throw them on ya daily then switch them out, but yeah, the plates must be applied to a vehicle, you can't do F-all with them yourself. Begs the question if you sell a vehicle without the plates.. anyhow, that's above my pay grade. Plus, the red tape would be intense!

Beattie

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ5
Occupation
District Manager
NSW yearly charge would not risk getting early as would end up paying twice due to Nissan's delays
$485 a year plus initial style fee
Yearly charges seem like a rort ๐Ÿ˜” it doesn't cost the NSW DOT or any other DOT any more yearly for your plate to exist. I feel for you guys. I would do the same as you Peter given the circumstances ๐Ÿ‘

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
NSW yearly charge would not risk getting early as would end up paying twice due to Nissan's delays
$485 a year plus initial style fee
Yeah, that's shithouse. Talk about double dipping huh. You've paid the damn fee, that's all there should be to it. Greedy bastards.

Beattie

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ5
Occupation
District Manager
Yeah mate, it's ridiculous. But in answer to your question - and I'm no WA native - you're not claiming anything all because you've paid for it. That's just nonsense haha

And yep, I've paid in full but the plates are being held hostage by some receptionist with a short disposition towards those unfamiliar with the rules!

Love ya thinking mate, but I reckon that yeah, you could throw them on ya daily then switch them out, but yeah, the plates must be applied to a vehicle, you can't do F-all with them yourself. Begs the question if you sell a vehicle without the plates.. anyhow, that's above my pay grade. Plus, the red tape would be intense!
The receptionist/karen comment got me good mate ๐Ÿคฃ
It does seem a bit of nonsense that's for sure. Yeah would be I tereated to know what happens when anyone in WA sells a car with their personalised plates ๐Ÿค”.
Lucky Tassie is a "simple" place I guess ๐Ÿ˜‚.

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
The receptionist/karen comment got me good mate ๐Ÿคฃ
It does seem a bit of nonsense that's for sure. Yeah would be I tereated to know what happens when anyone in WA sells a car with their personalised plates ๐Ÿค”.
Lucky Tassie is a "simple" place I guess ๐Ÿ˜‚.
Tassie might well be a simple place, but WA run by some simple people me thinks ๐Ÿ˜…

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
So now we know the number plate holder is for Euro sized plates (still crazy IMO, because itโ€™s not being sold in Europe) how much would you hate a Z being called a 400Z on plates?
The reason I ask this isโ€ฆ.
In WA Euro plates can only be confifigured as two letters followed by 3 numbers flowed by (believe it or not) Z.
Or three letters and 4 numbers or
All letters
First option is $700,
Second is $870
Final option is $1500

Given there is nothing I really like that fits option 2 or three I was thinking SB400Z (remember the Z must be in that position SB is my initials)
I like the thought of European plates, but donโ€™t want to pay over a grand for them and the second option dosent lend itself to much

Originally I was just going personalised, but unless we can change the mount they will look crap

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
Euro style plates on a Japanese car is crazy right off the bat imo. Calling it 400z is just the cherry on top. That's a No deal from me Eddie! Or was it Andrew? I can't remember the game show host ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

I'll be replacing the mount like mud.

Beattie

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ5
Occupation
District Manager
400 is ok, but you'll be forever defending it

I'm going to change the holder.
Prob 3d print one
Hey guys I took this for a test drive today down here in Tassie and one of the things I focused on exterior wise was the front plate holder.
It's flimsy as buggery and easily removed leaving the full grill for you to 3d print something like @Mud said.
Honesty I'm just going to cut down the plate holder that's on there to fit my custom (standard) size plates. I did the exact same thing on my 370z ๐Ÿ‘. Just cut it down so it's a few millimetres smaller than your plate and it looks like your plate is just floating there. Easy fix.

20220915_144930.jpg

20220915_144918.jpg

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Hey guys I took this for a test drive today down here in Tassie and one of the things I focused on exterior wise was the front plate holder.
It's flimsy as buggery and easily removed leaving the full grill for you to 3d print something like @Mud said.
Honesty I'm just going to cut down the plate holder that's on there to fit my custom (standard) size plates. I did the exact same thing on my 370z ๐Ÿ‘. Just cut it down so it's a few millimetres smaller than your plate and it looks like your plate is just floating there. Easy fix.

20220915_144930.jpg

20220915_144918.jpg
Oooโ€ฆthatโ€™s a great hackโ€ฆno pun intended
I think Iโ€™ll get hubby to cut them down

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Locomotive Driver

20220915_144930.jpg

20220915_144918.jpg
Damn, the z sure does look tidy in all its variants. Thanks for paying attention to the plate mount mate ๐Ÿ‘