Personalised Plates

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Indeed, but as you say, strangers things have happened. There shouldn't be as much grey as there is.

Honestly West Aussie, I'm at the point where I could take or leave the proto. I won't lose sleep over not getting it, but I will be relieved to have an answer to what has been a drawn out endeavour.

By the way, Western Australia is fucking backwards. I cannot claim my personalised plate until I have a vehicle to apply it to and must surrender a set of generic plates to claim them or else send the plates to a DOT closer to my dealership. In Qld they just mail the bastards out to you, or get this, walk in and claim them.

Does WA pull this kind of shit just to take the piss?
WA is just WA being born here I donā€™t know different, but they do like to make things difficult, and usually expensive

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
Yep, you can jump on PPQ (personalise plates Queensland) for a gander and yeah, plate collection is not treated as a state secret.

Here, check it out:

When should I expect my plates to be delivered?

PPQ Support11 hours ago Updated

Once the full payment is finalised, your plates should be with you in 12-14 working days.

Plates are delivered to your nominated street or postal address via the registered Australia Post system. You will need to sign for them, if you're not there, they will be redirected to your nearest post office.

ā€-------

Easy as.

Sam_AusZ32

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 JDM Fairlady Z32 TT, MT, 2+2
@Ballast Scorcher
Plates are in the garage, on the shelf next to my 'Z32ZX' plated Fairlady ;) no more mystery lol.

I agree with everyone's sentiments, I'm also over waiting but when I get sad about it, I watch another review video (FastIntentions released theirs today) and remind myself- every day is one day closer.

Attachments

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
@Ballast Scorcher
Plates are in the garage, on the shelf next to my 'Z32ZX' plated Fairlady ;) no more mystery lol.

I agree with everyone's sentiments, I'm also over waiting but when I get sad about it, I watch another review video (FastIntentions released theirs today) and remind myself- every day is one day closer.
Your garage looks like mineā€¦stacked to the rafters with my kids sporting crapā€¦except mine is huge bags of soccer balls, skateboards and the passing fads like rip sticks šŸ¤£

Unlike mine, you have a nice car in itā€¦so upset I sold my Peugeot now

Sam_AusZ32

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 JDM Fairlady Z32 TT, MT, 2+2
Your garage looks like mineā€¦stacked to the rafters with my kids sporting crapā€¦except mine is huge bags of soccer balls, skateboards and the passing fads like rip sticks šŸ¤£
This photo is from a year ago lol- note the surfboards on the wall, now replaced with mountain bikes šŸ¤£ yeah, passing fads.

We've finally built a shed and cleared the walls of the garage, so can fit two cars now.
Preparation for the new Z when she arrives!

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
Just saw this photo, hate the look and placement of the front rego plate, the black plastic its mounted to is the same as old Z, esy to remove and make it less cluttered

1657579450781.png

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
^ It does seem a bit silly since it's blocking some of the air vent, but then some places do have longer plates than others.

Plate position is a problem on many sports cars with low fronts, especially when they have large air intakes. :(

Last edited:

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
I.e
Just have the plate mounted and no bracket?
Might look better.
Yes, remove the plastic put a frame cover on then remount. Did the same on my 370z.