Performance Serian blue cost

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
Floor mats, block heater and a full tank of fuel are included in the Canadian "Freight and PDE" charge.

BTW, in Canada the charge for Metallic/Pearl paint is only $135, and the 2 tone Tricoat Metallic paint charge is $950.
That full tank of gas is almost worth the destination charge alone

RicerX

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Titan Pro4X
That's the point... the Z is priced to the point where you could get a Corvette instead.
Sorry bud, this is the stupidest argument in any car forum about pricing of new cars ever. "WHY WUD I GIT NEW CAR WHEN 5 YEAR OLD USED CAR INSTEAD". Yeah man, I could get a 1981 Ferrari Mondial 8 for $29,990 right now (VALUE!). That doesn't have shit to do with what a new Z should cost.

When the 370Z was new in 2009, there were plenty of 2004 Corvettes you could get for the same price, too.

The real point is you can't get a 2023 C8 Corvette for $50k. You can get a 2023 Z Performance for $50k. The modern Corvette is appropriately priced for what it is (an absolute performance bargain at its price point). At the end of the day, the Z is absolutely appropriately priced for a new sports car, but I wouldn't put it's performance-for-dollar value anywhere near the new Corvette.

We're talking about appropriate pricing for a NEW Z, and if you're comparing that against other cars with the purpose of determining if the NEW Z is priced correctly, you can only make that determination by comparing it against other NEW CARS in its segment. That value determination is not to be confused with what your personal budget is for a "new to you" car. They're separate things. Obviously what you can get with your money is 1000% relevant to you. It's barely slightly minutely relevant to Nissan's pricing strategy for the Z.

What we're really finding out on this forum is there are two people -

1) I have $45k in cash (or pre-approved for a $45k car note) and I want to buy a sports car
2) I want a new Z.

If the price of the new Z is not for you, have fun and move on.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Sorry bud, this is the stupidest argument in any car forum about pricing of new cars ever. "WHY WUD I GIT NEW CAR WHEN 5 YEAR OLD USED CAR INSTEAD". Yeah man, I could get a 1981 Ferrari Mondial 8 for $29,990 right now (VALUE!). That doesn't have shit to do with what a new Z should cost.

When the 370Z was new in 2009, there were plenty of 2004 Corvettes you could get for the same price, too.

The real point is you can't get a 2023 C8 Corvette for $50k. You can get a 2023 Z Performance for $50k. The modern Corvette is appropriately priced for what it is (an absolute performance bargain at its price point). At the end of the day, the Z is absolutely appropriately priced for a new sports car, but I wouldn't put it's performance-for-dollar value anywhere near the new Corvette.

We're talking about appropriate pricing for a NEW Z, and if you're comparing that against other cars with the purpose of determining if the NEW Z is priced correctly, you can only make that determination by comparing it against other NEW CARS in its segment. That value determination is not to be confused with what your personal budget is for a "new to you" car. They're separate things. Obviously what you can get with your money is 1000% relevant to you. It's barely slightly minutely relevant to Nissan's pricing strategy for the Z.

1) I have $45k in cash (or pre-approved for a $45k car note) and I want to buy a sports car
2) I want a new Z.

Obviously you missed the point of this conversation.

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
Agreed. In Canada especially. You're not getting a C8 base for the same price as a Z performance.

Z performance 60k, Supra 70k, Vette 73k

1653582750801.png

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
let me tell you something when i got the supra from my credit is good and i still got 8.9 and the finance guy and me were shooting the shit for a while after the deal and he said its gonna get worsefor a bit
8.9% on a MY22?! Yeah... I'm out on any brand new vehicle purchase if I can't get around 2%, 3% max.

What is the term?

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco

2) I want a new Z.

I'd say rather, there are people who care less or more, in terms of what they spend on vehicles. And that doesn't necessarily mean either type of person has less or more money (or access to credit).

Below is a price comparison I made in an earlier thread. (Because I have an interest in both vehicles.) There is little doubt the Z has jumped significantly in price since last offered. People will have to decide for themselves, if the new version merits the price increase.

Calculated according to "Car And Driver" MSRPs:

Base Subaru BRZ (USD) pricings (with percent changes):
2019: $26,680
2020: $29,745 (11.5% increase from previous model year)
2021: (not in production)
2022: $28,990 (2.5% decrease from previous model year)
2023: $29,615 (2.1% increase from previous model year)

2019 - 2023 span price change: (11% increase)

Base 370Z/Z (USD) pricings (with percent changes):
2019: $31,015
2020: $31,040 ( 0.08% increase from previous model year)
2021: (not in production)
2022: (not in production)
2023: $39,990 (28.8% increase from previous model year)

2019 - 2023 span price change: (29% increase)

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
8.9% on a MY22?! Yeah... I'm out on any brand new vehicle purchase if I can't get around 2%, 3% max.

What is the term?
i have 8.9 for 60months

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
Below is a price comparison I made in an earlier thread. (Because I have an interest in both vehicles.) There is little doubt the Z has jumped significantly in price since last offered.
Not really a fair comparison though.

The new 86 / BRZ has only been slightly tweaked from the previous version, whereas the new Z has a whole new body design (requiring from-scratch wind tunnel testing, etc.), a new-to-the-Z engine, etc.

Plus the 86 / BRZ costs are shared over two companies (purposely to reduce the costs), while Nissan has done the cost of the Z alone.

forcer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E550
Not quite, OTD in Canada the Supra 3.0 is a minimum of $79k. But I agree about the depressing bit lol.
i was checking autotrader year 2020-21. its technically not new but almost new cars so i dont care, at ~64k+ CAD pre tax

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Paint is around 1.5k here in Aus, we already have a build it page on Nissan Australia’s website, not that there is much to choose…just paint, transmission and interior

Last edited:

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Not really a fair comparison though.

The new 86 / BRZ has only been slightly tweaked from the previous version, whereas the new Z has a whole new body design (requiring from-scratch wind tunnel testing, etc.), a new-to-the-Z engine, etc.

Plus the 86 / BRZ costs are shared over two companies (purposely to reduce the costs), while Nissan has done the cost of the Z alone.
Agreed. The Z has more changes, which could warrant a greater price jump. But that's the point I think some others were making, the Z has jumped significantly in price. It's nearly a 30% price increase since last offered.

Theoretically a car maker could keep adding features, and if available for a good price in respect to the features, label a vehicle as a good deal. But it's not a good deal, if the price upscaling hits a point a customer does not want to spend on the vehicle, regardless of the features. And to me that's really a crux of the argument, and what customers will have to decide.

JoeTX

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bike
Occupation
Broker/ Software Engineer
i have 8.9 for 60months
you should finance ASAP with a credit union. 8.9% is too high

2) I want a new Z.

Everyone i spoke to that was going to get the new Z said the same thing, they didn't price it right. 51k to start and the package it comes with isn't appealing to a lot of people.
The car will sell, but don't expect it to sell as much as the 370.
10k increase between the two models is crazy and not enough to call it a performance package, where you can go with another company that offers better package for 7k from their base price and end up at the same price as the Z performance package.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Your one line response to what I wrote illustrates the evolution of the conversation pretty clearly to me.
MSRP on a performance Z is $10k from a C8. THAT is the entire point of this conversation.