Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Not really a fair comparison though.

The new 86 / BRZ has only been slightly tweaked from the previous version, whereas the new Z has a whole new body design (requiring from-scratch wind tunnel testing, etc.), a new-to-the-Z engine, etc.

Plus the 86 / BRZ costs are shared over two companies (purposely to reduce the costs), while Nissan has done the cost of the Z alone.
Perfectly fair comparison. The new twins have a new exterior, new interior, new engine, and retuned suspension... sounds kinda familiar. Only difference here is the cost sharing. I do like the fact Nissan kept it all in-house.

RicerX

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Titan Pro4X
Perfectly fair comparison. The new twins have a new exterior, new interior, new engine, and retuned suspension... sounds kinda familiar. Only difference here is the cost sharing. I do like the fact Nissan kept it all in-house.
LOL dude! Come on. Only difference is TWO WHOLE CARMAKERS TO INCLUDE THE LARGEST CARMAKER IN THE WORLD shared the cost presumably 50/50.

NO BIG DEAL OR ANYTHING. TOTALLY MINOR.

RicerX

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Titan Pro4X
Hmm. I know people have a love or hate relationship with Supra.

But I can get a 2022 Supra 3.0 at MSRP it 52.5k . That's cheaper than the performance Z I spec out in my OP

Hmmm
Is that $52,500 from a dealer? Show an order sheet. The website says $52,900 for a 3.0 with zero options.

Is your math on a Z Performance based on google or a dealer invoice? Show us an invoice for each. I'd be curious to see it.

A 3.0 base Supra is still short a few options from what comes on the Z Performance. Those options might not matter to you in particular, but it's not a straight line comparison of equipment.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Mail Carrier
LOL dude! Come on. Only difference is TWO WHOLE CARMAKERS TO INCLUDE THE LARGEST CARMAKER IN THE WORLD shared the cost presumably 50/50.

NO BIG DEAL OR ANYTHING. TOTALLY MINOR.
No amount of yelling on the internet is gonna change the fact that the change from the 370Z to the Z is roughly the same as the change from the old twins to the new twins.

Did you even bother reading the post I was replying to?

RicerX

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Titan Pro4X
Probably not. I was too far into the beers the other night to be on an internet forum.

Raven1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 350z HR Motor
Occupation
503rd Lead Farmer
Probably not. I was too far into the beers the other night to be on an internet forum.
It's Summer, so hopefully they were a nice Shandy or the like. My go to in the heat is Lost Coast brewery 'Tangerine Wheat' . . .

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Mail Carrier
It's Summer, so hopefully they were a nice Shandy or the like. My go to in the heat is Lost Coast brewery 'Tangerine Wheat' . . .
Lost Coast is fucking fantastic.

Raven1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 350z HR Motor
Occupation
503rd Lead Farmer

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Lost Coast is fucking fantastic.
My Sentiments Exactly !!
Y'all should spin up a "what're you drinking" thread in The Lounge. Would be another great way to kill time and discover new brews/booze until we get more Z news. I'd be happy to contribute, lol.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Mail Carrier