Drseckzytime

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stuff
Whatever happened to that mclovin guy charging 5k markups and saying it would still undercut supra
I saw him post one or two things since this debacle on the various Facebook groups. But between telling his 100 customers lines up his dealership might only be getting 2 at best, and even then they may go to another salesman customer or whatever... It's not going well. And now this stuff today...

A lot of the hype died down from this pricing and performance disaster. He won't be able to gouge and steal as much money away from as many people now.

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Dan's probably gone, he's been gone basically. He knew the shizzstorm that was brewing in here. $52-53k for a decent color premium, what a joke. And it's missing so much tech, quality, and performance compared to the other cars. Then Toyota came in and did them dirty with the manual announcement we all knew was coming.
The 1K+ paint is a kicker. But I'm still potentially in, if I could actually get a Sport version for $41k in a reasonable timeframe.

I don't think the MSRPs mean a lot initially. At least in the USA. Big spenders willing to pay ADMs will snap up a lot of Zs and rule the roost. The key point for me, is how long will the big spender phase last. And that depends on several things, including how soon and how many Zs will Nissan produce.

If we're sitting here near end of year, and Zs are still only trickling out, that's a sign this is not going to work out.

rvlbrs

First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vnglrs.com
Car(s)
2023 Z 6MT, 2021 Supra 3.0 AT, 2014 Toyota 86 6MT
Occupation
Media Production
The 1K+ paint is a kicker. But I'm still potentially in, if I could actually get a Sport version for $41k in a reasonable timeframe.

I don't think the MSRPs mean a lot initially. At least in the USA. Big spenders willing to pay ADMs will snap up a lot of Zs and rule the roost. The key point for me, is how long will the big spender phase last. And that depends on several things, including how soon and how many Zs will Nissan produce.

If we're sitting here near end of year, and Zs are still only trickling out, that's a sign this is not going to work out.
Yeah, that's the new plan for me. Just gotta wait a year or so and see what it's looking like out here. I picked up my 21' Supra in July 2020. I wasn't ready to buy at launch because of trying to choose between an F-Type, M4, or Supra. Worked out because everybody was buying cars that Spring and Summer or 2020. New paper tags everywhere! ADM wasn't bad at all. Only paid $1500 over MSRP.

I'm most likely going to go with the Sport trim since I have the bells and whistles in the Supra already. I really did want the Performance trim though NGL. The interior color choice is now out the window too since i'm choosing Sport trim(White on Blue or White on Red). Time to continue saving lol

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20

This I do believe is a big difference between you guys and the Aus market.
So if you knew you could get a car at the MSRP price you’d buy ..yes?
Thats the situation we have.

So then my question to you is….is the hate for the price of the car really justfied? Or should that hate be reserved for the dealers who are really the ones putting it beyond reach?

LeatherWings

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA & ND Miata | Xterra | Honda 919 | Honda Grom
So then my question to you is….is the hate for the price of the car really justfied? Or should that hate be reserved for the dealers who are really the ones putting it beyond reach?
Yes.

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
The 1K+ paint is a kicker.
If you buy the current Mac Pro tower computer from Apple and want to replace the free small legs with wheels ... that'll cost you US$400 extra. If you buy the Studio Display monitor from Apple and want swap the standard tilt-adjustable stand for a tilt-and-height adjustable stand, that'll cost you US$400 more. :(

More and more companies are charging ridiculous extra prices for what should be standard equipment. It's largely a con so that they're advertising material can say "from $XX", where that price is artificially lower than their competitors' prices.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Occupation
Engineer
If you buy the current Mac Pro tower computer from Apple and want to replace the free small legs with wheels ... that'll cost you US$400 extra. If you buy the Studio Display monitor from Apple and want swap the standard tilt-adjustable stand for a tilt-and-height adjustable stand, that'll cost you US$400 more. :(

More and more companies are charging ridiculous extra prices for what should be standard equipment. It's largely a con so that they're advertising material can say "from $XX", where that price is artificially lower than their competitors' prices.
OK, but $400 for 2 carpet floor mats?!? That’s what I would expect from Porsche not Nissan.

-RJM

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
OK, but $400 for 2 carpet floor mats?!?
US$400 for wheels on the Mac Pro are really only smaller versions of those on a standard office chair. Apple also WAY over charges for their RAM and storage drive upgrades (which have to be factory-build at purchase time done because almost everything is soldered down!).

370Z floor mats are US$140 for the pair on Nissan's US website, probably won't fit the new Z, but gives you an idea of what the "regular" price is.

TheGuverment

For profit. Strictly business.
First Name
Strickland
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Subaru WRX hatchback
The performance being 51k isn't necessarily the problem. The problem is the sport being completely stripped out and poorly equipped.

Last edited:

Kbl911

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z
Occupation
Wealth Management
The performance being 51k isn't necessarily the problem. The problem is the sport being completely stripped out and poorly equipped.
Combined with the choice being binary for this model year (Proto Limited Edition aside).