First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 370z
Occupation
Self employed
Good points. I would be very surprised if they don’t come out with a nismo. Have some decisions to make a guess. I miss the days of just ordering what u want and waiting a month. Lol! Now it’s a but different out there

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Good points. I would be very surprised if they don’t come out with a nismo. Have some decisions to make a guess. I miss the days of just ordering what u want and waiting a month. Lol! Now it’s a but different out there
You guys are lucky you had that option…in Australia very few cars let you order what you want you usually get what’s on their inventory…unless your looking at high end stuff.
I think the only two mid range that are really flexible to be ordered are the MX-5 ( Miata to you guys) and the Minis…however even the mini which use to be the ultimate in customisations now comes with pre set options for each model ( usually three trim levels) outside that, you can’t modify anymore

Last edited:

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
You guys are lucky you had that option…in Australia very few cars let you order what you want you usually get what’s on their inventory…unless your Lombard looking at high end stuff.
I think the only two mid range that are really flexible to be ordered are the MX-5 ( Miata to you guys) and the Minis…however even the mini which use to be the ultimate in customisations now comes with pre set options for each model ( usually three trim levels) outside that, you can’t modify anymore
I don't know where he's from.....
But in USA we can't "order what we want".
Manufacturers build what they build, allocate them and that's that.
The only way we get "what we want" is through dealer trades and dealer installed accessories.
We don't even have a say in port-installed accessories.

I don't blame the manufacturers, customers are too fickle to try and accommodate special orders. Only higher-end vehicles get that option here.
Certainly not Nissans

Last edited:

Gobby

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none
Here's how it goes down in USA:

you: "I want this car in X trim, with A and B addons in black paint"
dealership: "so we heard you, but here's a car in Y trim.."
you: "No. I specifically want X trim, with A and B addons in black."

dealership: "Okay, so here's the X trim, with A and B addons BUT also C, D, E, F(and whatever other alphabet they can pull out their ass to hike the price) addons, OH also we know you said you wanted it in red (not what we said but okay) but here it is in bright neon pink. Please don't haggle."

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Here's how it goes down in USA:

you: "I want this car in X trim, with A and B addons in black paint"
dealership: "so we heard you, but here's a car in Y trim.."
you: "No. I specifically want X trim, with A and B addons in black."

dealership: "Okay, so here's the X trim, with A and B addons BUT also C, D, E, F(and whatever other alphabet they can pull out their ass to hike the price) addons, OH also we know you said you wanted it in red (not what we said but okay) but here it is in bright neon pink. Please don't haggle."
Sounds exactly like here

Boomboom

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 370z
Occupation
Self employed
I told Nissan what i wanted in 09 for my 370z and i got exactly what i wanted. They found the car, they didn’t build it specially for me but they will find what u want if ur patient. I also did this in 2016 with my 4runner. I wanted a special color interior which was very hard to find but they found it for me never the less. Things may be different these days but for the guy that said they won’t build u what u want he’s prolly correct but they usually will find u what u want. That being said if they do come out with a Nismo I’m assuming their pretty much all the same so options won’t be a problem maybe just finding the right color. This would be my first nismo tho so maybe i am wrong about options but i thought nismos all came with the same goodies:)

Longhorn2020

First Name
Jase
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350Z
Occupation
Computer engineering
Thinking the Nismo should be out a year or two max after the normal one drops this spring. Any longer than that and I will just buy something else.

Numbersguy

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
G37
Occupation
IT
Thinking the Nismo should be out a year or two max after the normal one drops this spring. Any longer than that and I will just buy something else.
Same here. I'm willing to wait a year or so for the Nismo to come out but not much longer than that. It would be a huge mistake for Nissan to wait longer than that. Hopefully some spy shota or something will come out soon.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
How would y'all feel if the upcoming Performance Z outperforms the outgoing Nismo? I'm not just thinking about 0-60, but roadholding, braking, "feel"...

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
How would y'all feel if the upcoming Performance Z outperforms the outgoing Nismo? I'm not just thinking about 0-60, but roadholding, braking, "feel"...
I think the simple answer would be…ripped off.?

But why do you suppose this will be the case? Surely this would be a suicidal move

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A couple
I think the simple answer would be…ripped off.?

But why do you suppose this will be the case? Surely this would be a suicidal move
It should be the case. This is just the natural progression of the auto world. It would actually be disappointing if the new Z didn’t outperform every Z prior. In fact, if it didn’t, I would consider that a failure on Nissan’s part.

Status
Not open for further replies.