NissanZClub Markup Thread

BB_Sam

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Jaguar F-type R-Dynamic 6MT
Unfortunately the others options out there for a Manual are so limited now:( what I want is a clean/classic looking 6spd manual import car. So what is left is BMW M3 or Porsche Cayman/Boxster all are much higher priced. So I guess I will eat the ADM this time.
I'm driving the 6MT F-type and seriously considering the Z. The specs of the two cars are actually very close -- but I still think the F-type is a better looking car. Pricing wise, a used low mileage 2018 or 2019 F-type 6MT will likely cost you the same as the new Z.

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
If it's replacing a Mini for the wife, why not consider the Sport Z?
I'mcoming out of a mini as well, but the lack of a real LSD in the sport would be a deal breaker (My mini has a factory mechanical LSD as well)

Z06fan

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Chevrolet SS Sedan, Mini Cooper S
Occupation
entrepreneur
If it's replacing a Mini for the wife, why not consider the Sport Z?
I'm open regarding the package as long as it's red. Just not interested in paying a large ADM. I'll wait it out and see where the values go.

Z06fan

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Chevrolet SS Sedan, Mini Cooper S
Occupation
entrepreneur
Unfortunately the others options out there for a Manual are so limited now:( what I want is a clean/classic looking 6spd manual import car. So what is left is BMW M3 or Porsche Cayman/Boxster all are much higher priced. So I guess I will eat the ADM this time.
I get it. Both my wife and I drive manuals. That's the one big turn-off for me about the C8. If only....

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I'mcoming out of a mini as well, but the lack of a real LSD in the sport would be a deal breaker (My mini has a factory mechanical LSD as well)
Don't know what kind of Mini the wife is driving, because if it's a basic Mini used as a cool looking daily, I'm quite certain most people in that situation probably wouldn't mind the lack of LSD in the Sport.

I'm also inclined to say I'd still take an open diff rwd over an LSD fwd for 99% of non-track use.
Fwd sucks. I had a JB4 Mk7 GTI, traction was almost always an issue at those power levels.

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
I run AD08R's so grip is not an issue (the ones on it when I got it whole diffrent matter) so I just zoom around cocking a rear wheel up at every round about.

fun enough daily.

raptor5244

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing
After I paid my deposit my final price populated per salesperson. OMG. 65k for a Z seems insane! What else could I buy for that amount? Is it worth it?? Thoughts?

B9A40A33-F76E-4770-9998-15978E6F0585.png
Well, they did do you a solid and gave you $500 off. ;) Kidding aside you are in ZL1, CT4 Blackwing or even base C8 Stingray territory.

I know this this car has a lot of history and the market is out of whack right now but if folks pay this kind of money for this car then then they need to be prepared for that car to be worth $40-45k or so in a couple years assuming low miles and great condition.

raptor5244

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing
Oh, really?
Where are these cars being sold for MSRP and in stock?
I bought my ZL1 off the showroom floor at an Autonation dealer for MSRP minus $500 Educator rebate. There are many dealers that will sell ordered cars at MSRP. The C8 is probably the toughest to get at MSRP but it can be done. Some of the larger Corvette dealers take orders at MSRP since they get a ton of allocations. You may wait 8-12 months. I agree that popular cars in certain markets that are in stock usually have some ADM but more like $2,000-$5,000 not $15,000-20,000.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
OMG. The Consumer Protection Bureau would have a field day with that if they knew.

That means a 4.5% buy rate would be 14.5% contract!

"I'm sorry, but that's the best rate I can get you now. The Fed raised the rates on everything last month."

Scumbags...

Perfect incentive to get your financing at a credit union.

I fatfingered..not 10 bps, 100bps (meaning 1%), so the 4.5% a bank quotes the dealership, the dealership adds minimum 1% to that and tells you your approval rate is 5.5%. Its essentially what the F&I team does at a dealership aside from trying to get you on warranties etc.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I bought my ZL1 off the showroom floor at an Autonation dealer for MSRP minus $500 Educator rebate. There are many dealers that will sell ordered cars at MSRP. The C8 is probably the toughest to get at MSRP but it can be done. Some of the larger Corvette dealers take orders at MSRP since they get a ton of allocations. You may wait 8-12 months. I agree that popular cars in certain markets that are in stock usually have some ADM but more like $2,000-$5,000 not $15,000-20,000.
The rumors I'm hearing is that both Blackwings are fetching $30k ADM on average.

The ZL1 I can believe you could get lucky. But Blackwings and C8 are going to be far more expensive than the Z. Isn't the C8 waiting list now 3 years?

It may also matter where you live. Here on the left coast, most ADM on many desirable machines are way north of $5k.
Hyundai and Kia SUVs.
Toyota Tundra and Rav4

Heck, my wife's Corolla HB that we bought right before COVID is getting $5k markups between ADM and forced add-ons.

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
I fatfingered..not 10 bps, 100bps (meaning 1%), so the 4.5% a bank quotes the dealership, the dealership adds minimum 1% to that and tells you your approval rate is 5.5%. Its essentially what the F&I team does at a dealership aside from trying to get you on warranties etc.
Oh, well, that's not too bad. A bank or two around Florida allows up to three points. My Credit Union allows nothing.