Nissan Z vs Toyota Supra

Which one gets your vote?

• Total voters

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
I'm probably gonna get put on blast here, but I think the Supra wears yellow better than the Z. Fits the outrageous body lines better IMO.
Eh. I think you're right too, as you said for the aggressive and wild body lines it definitely suits a yellow a lot better. The z does it okay, but can look a little bland in certain lighting. The Supra just pulls it off

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Would most people rather have the C8 over the other two? I'm sure most would, including me, but realistically they aren't comparable.
I wouldn't, simply because I can't get it with a manual trans. I love the car, but I love rowing gears more.

Kbl911

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z
Occupation
Wealth Management
I'm probably gonna get put on blast here, but I think the Supra wears yellow better than the Z. Fits the outrageous body lines better IMO.
That's the best way to put it - the A90 has such exaggerated lines that yellow seems to naturally suit it well. I'd like to see the Z in an orange, that might work well...

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
That seems to be at least an exaggeration - from what I'm seeing, the average age of a Corvette buyer during the middle C7 era was 59.
That's a dip vs the average age of a C6 buyer was 66, Average age for C5 was 59 as well.

C5: 59
C6: 66
C7: 59
C8: 53 (so far)

Younger dudes are buying them off the lot, the customer base is also veering from the New Balance with Jorts and Oakley crowd - lots more diversity among Corvette owners and, they actually take the targa tops off lol

GM just needs to keep building cars people actually want.

I personally didn't care about a Corvette let alone anything American until that C7 hit, they did right with that car (and the 6th Gen Camaro)

Tons of 370Z guys went C7 (here in Houston at least) and never looked back

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
That's a dip vs the average age of a C6 buyer was 66, Average age for C5 was 59 as well.

C5: 59
C6: 66
C7: 59
C8: 53 (so far)

Younger dudes are buying them off the lot, GM just needs to keep building cars people actually want.

I personally didn't care about a Corvette let alone anything American until that C7 hit, they did right with that car.

Tons of 370Z guys went C7 (here in Houston at least) and never looked back
Demographically speaking, being a 2 seater means these cars are mostly going to be owned by either end of the age spectrum.
I haven't had a 2 seater in 20+ years, but now that my son is older, I can consider one again.

Obviously, with Corvettes typically being more expensive, they end up with the older folks, and the Z's get clapped out by the kids.

I highly doubt that the C8 is going to dominate the parenting age market.....

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
Demographically speaking, being a 2 seater means these cars are mostly going to be owned by either end of the age spectrum.

I haven't had a 2 seater in 20+ years, but now that my son is older, I can consider one again.

Obviously, with Corvettes typically being more expensive, they end up with the older folks, and the Z's get clapped out by the kids.

Very well said, it's been 5 years for me......a long, painful, excruciatingly arduous 5 years (I really love my Wife and Daughter obviously 😂)

C8 and Parenting Age: There's a guy in an Orange C8 that drops his kid off at school?

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Very well said, it's been 5 years for me......a long, painful, excruciatingly arduous 5 years (I really love my Wife and Daughter obviously 😂)

C8 and Parenting Age: There's a guy in an Orange C8 that drops his kid off at school?
Wealthy enough to afford multiple, and likely expensive, vehicles.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security

Midlife crisis setting in, just get it done, man! Buy once, cry once! No gold chain in that C8 though, please....