• Total voters

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
Yeah kinda sucks for them. Definitely will see more high power 21 Supra’s tho. Tune alone they hit 500hp! 550 with catless downpipe!
Tune-only, B58TU1 on 93 makes 500whp? I guess that makes sense as I believe I saw a S58 pick up 100+whp with just a tune, from around 488whp stock to 600whp. Revised B58 seems to make exactly 100whp less than the S58 whether stock or tuned. I wonder how they'll hold up over time. Pretty much every iteration since the N54 has some fun stuff to deal with later in life for whoever owns it by then.

Vilithrax

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
C8
Tune-only, B58TU1 on 93 makes 500whp? I guess that makes sense as I believe I saw a S58 pick up 100+whp with just a tune, from around 488whp stock to 600whp. Revised B58 seems to make exactly 100whp less than the S58 whether stock or tuned. I wonder how they'll hold up over time. Pretty much every iteration since the N54 has some fun stuff to deal with later in life for whoever owns it by then.
Yeah it makes mad power. The 400z probably will aswell but I’d assume the weight and dif will be holding it back. Plus not having a closed style block will blow engines at higher hp more then the Supra.

Both are neat. It’s a shame most of you on here close your eyes and stick your fingers in your ears about the Supra. It’s possible to appreciate another car while still not wanting to own it

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
Yeah, the VR30 won't gain 100whp with just a tune, but it'll still be plenty capable with the right mods and tuning. Open decks are better for cooling, but I agree that theoretically a VR30 will blow before a B58 when pushed to the limit. I remember when people said that due to the N54 being open deck it wouldn't break 500hp without popping, then 600hp, then 700hp, yet here we are 15 years later and some are making 800hp+ on a stock block and internals. Granted somewhere around there is typically the breaking point, but realistically only a small % of owners even go to that level where they're crippled by deck design and it's not always the cause of failure.

Seeing a Zupra definitely makes me want to close my eyes ? (you can't set it up like that), but in all seriousness I'm all for people loving it to death if that's what they want to do, I just don't want anyone telling me that I have to like or appreciate it just because they own or like it themselves.

From the sound of it, there are actually a number of people here who like the styling and would take it over the Z if it came with a manual. I see on other forums, YT, etc. that for some strange reason people have a hard time accepting that some of us still don't want to drive an auto, DCT, DSG, PDK, etc. no matter how much faster they are. I know people that have loved the R35 since '09 (myself included), but just won't do it because it's DCT only, so this isn't exactly anything new.

Vilithrax

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
C8
Yeah you’re right @Haste most people will keep these cars stock or just above it. I still can’t believe that Nissan hasn’t released performance numbers. It’s hard to compare cars without any track, 0-60, 1/4 mile times

Zupra88

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z, 2022 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Nursing Home Administrator
That's truly awesome that you'll get to own and enjoy both cars, and are a good sport about some of the things said here about the Zupra. Your name is Zupra after all so I wouldn't really expect you to care lol. I just don't like the appearance of it at all, and am not a fan of it being called "Supra" given what the car is and is not to me, but that doesn't make it a bad car. I like to joke about it, but in reality one person can love the car for certain reasons, another can hate it for other reasons and nobody is wrong.

I just don't know at what point some people got so sensitive over negative things said about a car they like or own. You would think they designed the car or something with how offended they get over someone else's opinion on a vehicle. If someone hates an old 335i or new Z, for whatever reason, I really couldn't care less as there are probably some dumb things about both cars and I designed none of it ?
I've been lucky to be able to have the cars I've had and am looking forward to getting the new Z. Honestly I hated the Zupr4 before seeing it in person and test driving it. I joke about a lot of things and cars are no different. The A90 Supra is essentially a Z4 with a body kit. There's no beating around the bush when talking about and knowing all the different BMW parts that are stamped 'BMW" all over the vehicle.

I'll never understand why some people are so sensitive either. I own and build my cars for me, not anyone else. Someone doesn't like what I drive or the mods I have then that's cool with me because it is still my car and my money invested into my hobby and passion. Big reason I tend to be solo a lot of times and just enjoy cruising either by myself or with a few friends. People that get upset easily tend to have the most to say about other peoples rides.

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A couple
Yeah you’re right @Haste most people will keep these cars stock or just above it. I still can’t believe that Nissan hasn’t released performance numbers. It’s hard to compare cars without any track, 0-60, 1/4 mile times
Nissan hasn’t released anything except that it has a motor and four wheels. Pretty disappointing really. I have a feeling the performance will be a good bit behind the Supra. Of course it’s not always about numbers but Nissan has teased nothing. People are starting to lose interest.

CJY84

First Name
Chris Young
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20' Supra 3.0
yeah, dont get me wrong, i think the Supra is amazing. awesome reviews, sounds great, with a few mods it can look dope. All the youtube vidoes on the supra are great. i would love to get one, if i wasnt getting a Z, ill be getting a supra. Down here in Sydney, a brand new Supra is going for $107k and a second hand 2019 model with 20k mileage on it, is going for $80k. Stupidly over priced.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
yeah, dont get me wrong, i think the Supra is amazing. awesome reviews, sounds great, with a few mods it can look dope. All the youtube vidoes on the supra are great. i would love to get one, if i wasnt getting a Z, ill be getting a supra. Down here in Sydney, a brand new Supra is going for $107k and a second hand 2019 model with 20k mileage on it, is going for $80k. Stupidly over priced.
Yep….the Supra in Aus is out of reach for a lot of people, if they bought it down to 80k they would sell a lot more….although for ME. a manual is important.

New Emira here will be around 170K otherwise this is what I would be buying

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
I'm gonna be the guy that hunts down Supras in "Mexico"......and C8s.......and the muscle trinity

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
I don't care how good the Supra is as far as handling, comfort, power etc. go, all it took for me to say "no way" was 5 seconds in the Supra's claustrophobic cabin with its near-zero outward visibility.

Either car has more than enough power as far as I'm concerned. In fact I'd prefer it have less power, about 350 hp would be fine. Too much power just detracts from on-street usability and fun. In five seconds you are breaking the law, you can never wind the thing out on the road. Consider the Cayman S - you can break any freeway speed limit short of the Autobahn's in second gear. What's the use of a MT in that scenario, you can hardly use it properly except on track.

White_turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
None
Its a shame most of you on here close your eyes and stick your fingers in your ears about the Supra. It’s possible to appreciate another car while still not wanting to own it
What do you expect, this is a Z forum. ? You go to mkvforum (or any other forum), it's the same thing.

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A couple
What do you expect, this is a Z forum. ? You go to mkvforum (or any other forum), it's the same thing.
Which is unfortunate. It’s really just another indicator of why there is so much animosity in the good ole USA. People just can’t perceive other viewpoints. Last week I complimented an older fellar on his 90’s Silverado. It was super clean and fantastic shape. He told me all about it and how he’s the original owner and so on. You could really tell he was excited to talk about it, which made me happy! For some effed up reason people are judging others based on what they DRIVE. Sucks all around.

Zboy

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z32
Yeah it makes mad power. The 400z probably will aswell but I’d assume the weight and dif will be holding it back. Plus not having a closed style block will blow engines at higher hp more then the Supra.

Both are neat. It’s a shame most of you on here close your eyes and stick your fingers in your ears about the Supra. It’s possible to appreciate another car while still not wanting to own it
The same can be said about your side as well. ;)

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/all-new-2023-nissan-z-makes-world-debut.10467/

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/ne...ts-past-2022-nissan-z-leaked-with-specs.6447/

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/visual-comparison-nissan-z-vs-toyota-supra.6426/