Nissan Z roadster coming? What about a T-Top, Targa Top, or Shooting Brake?

What body style would you be interested in?

• Total voters

relyt

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
CNC Machinist
I'm not surprised by the poll at all. I think the majority of us want the lightest Z as possible.
The only surprising thing to me is the number of people that don't seem at all interested in T-tops. Nostalgia is a hell of a drug. T-tops and window louvers would make this so much more retro.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
The only surprising thing to me is the number of people that don't seem at all interested in T-tops. Nostalgia is a hell of a drug. T-tops and window louvers would make this so much more retro.
Probably because it would look corny. T-tops can stay where they belong - in the past. I mean window cranks, hub caps, a four speed, and chrome bumpers would make it so much more retro as well.

The Z has the perfect amount of retro.

MZGA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z
Nissan usually releases the convertible Z a year later.

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
Alfonso Albaisa said there wouldn't be a T-Top. And very doubtful there will be a roadster. The 370Z roadster hardly sold and was killed off 2-3 years ago; before they stopped 370Z coupe production.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
roadsters always look great with the top down...

when the top is up, is what im interested in because that's the way my z4 was 95% of the time.

Last edited:

ToZornottoZ

First Name
HeinZ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW Eos
Owning my first convertible last year made me do away with my Bronco order. I was looking forward to having the Bronco as my "convertible" ride, but after seeing a video on how to take the top down, vs my current 1-button push down ride, I said "HELL NO"! Especially when it's about to rain and have to look for an emergency spot to pull over! Yeah, I live in the South and an all of sudden rain shower is a thing.

I get that targa's and T's look pretty cool/retro, but at the end of the day, like the Bronco top, they will end up being a pain in the arse! Anything having to do with getting in and out of the car constantly to enjoy open air driving takes away from the experience IMO.

My friend has the new Vette with the panel/targa roof. He can only enjoy the top off when he has his wife to help him take the panel off ... and on. So pretty much he never drives with the panel off just because he can't do it himself. Speaking of the Corvette ... the convertible version historically never sold well until this new model arrived. The current take-rate for convertible orders is sitting at around 42%!!!! So, make a car that looks good as a convertible and it will sell. From the photos and video's I've seen of the Z posted, the convertible hold it's own and maybe fairs even better in the looks department in convertible form.

We are creatures of habit and convenience. In this case targa's and T's are just not convenient and I will tire of any habit taking them off and on ... on and off. Give me my 1-button feature! I will say this ... having experienced driving a convertible ..... I wouldn't want to own anything else now! Being stuck inside all day due to covid and/or home or work ... why on earth would I want to be stuck in anything else when I'm outside??? Just my new view of life as it stands. ;)

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Owning my first convertible last year made me do away with my Bronco order. I was looking forward to having the Bronco as my "convertible" ride, but after seeing a video on how to take the top down, vs my current 1-button push down ride, I said "HELL NO"! Especially when it's about to rain and have to look for an emergency spot to pull over! Yeah, I live in the South and an all of sudden rain shower is a thing.

I get that targa's and T's look pretty cool/retro, but at the end of the day, like the Bronco top, they will end up being a pain in the arse! Anything having to do with getting in and out of the car constantly to enjoy open air driving takes away from the experience IMO.

My friend has the new Vette with the panel/targa roof. He can only enjoy the top off when he has his wife to help him take the panel off ... and on. So pretty much he never drives with the panel off just because he can't do it himself. Speaking of the Corvette ... the convertible version historically never sold well until this new model arrived. The current take-rate for convertible orders is sitting at around 42%!!!! So, make a car that looks good as a convertible and it will sell. From the photos and video's I've seen of the Z posted, the convertible hold it's own and maybe fairs even better in the looks department in convertible form.

We are creatures of habit and convenience. In this case targa's and T's are just not convenient and I will tire of any habit taking them off and on ... on and off. Give me my 1-button feature! I will say this ... having experienced driving a convertible ..... I wouldn't want to own anything else now! Being stuck inside all day due to covid and/or home or work ... why on earth would I want to be stuck in anything else when I'm outside??? Just my new view of life as it stands. ;)
I had T-top cars before. They are very easy to deal with. Having lived in AZ at that time, we had lots of opportunities to enjoy the T-tops without worry. The Nissan Z T-tops worked very well, and even as the car aged they never had issues.

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
I had T-top cars before. They are very easy to deal with. Having lived in AZ at that time, we had lots of opportunities to enjoy the T-tops without worry. The Nissan Z T-tops worked very well, and even as the car aged they never had issues.
I have a Z32. My tops have a sun panel you can remove so you have sun shining through the top with your A/C on or during the rain or at high speed. It's like three cars in one. No sun, filtered sun, full sun...