Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru

BobDigi5060

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
10r80 5.0, G37X, C4 LT1
It's the second or third worst looking Mustang of all time. It's horrible. There's nothing tasteful about it. It's just so... blah. It's soulless. The previous gen was WAY better, and the following gen was WAY better.

I just want to make sure that THIS is the Mustang we're talking about...

cd02-fm144-1605018373.jpg

The only company that did the retro muscle car thing right was Dodge with the Challenger.
No offense taken. I know the Evo isn't a "tasteful" car. I simply don't care. It's ignorantly fun, looks evil, and rips like a raped ape. Doesn't change the fact that the S197 is trash, and the Evo IX is a MUCH better looking car.

Are you trying to say sedans can't be aesthetically pleasing? Now I can't take YOUR opinion seriously. Already couldn't because you think the 5th gen Mustang is tasteful. There's PLENTY of sedans that look leaps and bounds better than that bland ass, rental car grade S197.
SN95 way better looking than the S197? That's a first.

Ford sold over 800,000 S197s, Dodge released their own retro muscle car after the 05's success and reception, but some how Ford didn't get it right?

Come on son. Looks are subjective, but it's no comparison between the EVO and S197. One is a retro rebuff the other looks like a hot mess. I don't know how you can argue the boy racer aero mods make it a better looking car, but I'm not surprised. I'm definitely getting some ricer vibes. Also lol at posting a base Mustang on 16s.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
im no fan of the bmw zupr4, but to be fair, this blue, so called a91 ed. w/black wheels came out long before the blue z debuted...

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
Umm getting back on topic I saw this one on facebook.

1626387308013.png
It's the second or third worst looking Mustang of all time. It's horrible. There's nothing tasteful about it. It's just so... blah. It's soulless. The previous gen was WAY better, and the following gen was WAY better.

I just want to make sure that THIS is the Mustang we're talking about...

cd02-fm144-1605018373.jpg

The only company that did the retro muscle car thing right was Dodge with the Challenger.
The head honcho for Ford Mustang at that time pretty much turn things around for the Mustang crowd, carving a different path. It took them awhile to be on that path of competing against euro sport cars. Today it has all the elements of a euro sport car:

1. OHC engine
2. all independent suspension (no solid axle)
3. less plastic interior (but still a lot)
4. proper RWD

I think it even have metric fasteners now.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I had to go look up wtf a "S197" is..... It's the crappy rental car I always ended up with in the early 2000's.

You can tell a fanboy when they refer to their favorite vehicles by chassis code on a forum where few even know, and then call others "son" which I think is low-level derogatory?

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
I mean he thinks the Mustang II looks good so that should tell you all you need to know ?

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
You need to work on your reading comprehension.
Oh, word?
I’m saying there isn’t a four door car on the planet that looks better than the S197, let alone the Mustang II, simply based on the fact that the proportions are thrown off by two additional doors.
My reading comprehension is just fine. You think the Mustang II looks better than every single four door car on the planet.