Sponsored

Dickie B

Member
First Name
Dickie
Joined
Aug 1, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
14
Reaction score
9
Location
clover, sc
Car(s)
2026 z heritage
Occupation
retired
Seems like I heard that sentiment last year about putting a manual in the Nizmo Z……..
You never know till it happens.
 

nacho man

Member
First Name
nacho man
Joined
Jan 26, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
7
Reaction score
5
Location
josephine tx
Car(s)
2024 nissan z nismo
Occupation
detailer
I love the fact that it’s a T TOP! What I don’t like the color, the fenders, the car too low the rims awful , it just looks awful, downright awful, but the T top part is cool… but the overall Z the way it looks here is awful. But I would buy a Z that had T tops.
 

Dickie B

Member
First Name
Dickie
Joined
Aug 1, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
14
Reaction score
9
Location
clover, sc
Car(s)
2026 z heritage
Occupation
retired
I love the fact that it’s a T TOP! What I don’t like the color, the fenders, the car too low the rims awful , it just looks awful, downright awful, but the T top part is cool… but the overall Z the way it looks here is awful. But I would buy a Z that had T tops.
I agree. The Z design is just about perfect in its stock form. Adding t-top would be the only improvement IMO.
 

ZillaZ

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 16, 2024
Threads
18
Messages
688
Reaction score
1,098
Location
USA
Car(s)
2024 Z Performance
When I had a convertible Corvette I drove it all the time with the top down. When I had a targa-top corvette I took it off every now and then. Obviously with a Z now I do not even have the option. I thought I would miss it but I don't.

Apparently I am just happy with whatever option I have. There have been a few days I wish I had the targa and I think it would be a great option for a Z. Prefer targa because it's one piece.
 
OP
OP
Exquisite_Red

Exquisite_Red

Well-Known Member
First Name
Donnie
Joined
Feb 24, 2025
Threads
4
Messages
207
Reaction score
373
Location
Nashville, TN
Car(s)
'24 Nissan Z 6MT
Occupation
NNA-S Project Manager

VtVince

Well-Known Member
First Name
Vince
Joined
Sep 1, 2025
Threads
2
Messages
53
Reaction score
136
Location
Vermont
Car(s)
'24 Nissan Z Performance, '23 Honda Ridgeline, '24 Mini Countryman S All4
My first car was my sister's red Mustang convertible. My car before the Z was a Volvo C70. If I didn't get the Z I would have looked for a CPO CLE 53 cabriolet. You can even run it in the winter... with the top down.
4088.webp
 

zeroptzero

Well-Known Member
First Name
Joey
Joined
Sep 7, 2026
Threads
14
Messages
214
Reaction score
174
Location
Ontario
Car(s)
26 Z
I was anti-vert for the longest time. I thought it was the "unserious" option and scoffed at people driving around with the top down. Then I had an S2000 and I've been chasing that feeling for the last 15 years. I love my car, but the one thing that would get me to trade up in an instant would be a t-top or vert Z, chassis rigidity be damned!
I owned an S2000 , but didn't care for the convertible part of it, I drove with a hardtop 90% of the time, started with the OEM hardtop and then got the Mugen Carbon fiber one. My ears would actually ring after a top down drive, later came to find that noise levels with top down approached the dangerous level where hearing can be impaired. Honda go away with it but it was very close to the danger level.
 

mikecarpage

Well-Known Member
First Name
Mike
Joined
Jun 13, 2024
Threads
8
Messages
239
Reaction score
405
Location
Bay Area, CA
Car(s)
'24 Z Performance M/T, '03 BMW 540i M/T, '03 CL55, '96 BMW 318ti
Occupation
Sales
OP
OP
Exquisite_Red

Exquisite_Red

Well-Known Member
First Name
Donnie
Joined
Feb 24, 2025
Threads
4
Messages
207
Reaction score
373
Location
Nashville, TN
Car(s)
'24 Nissan Z 6MT
Occupation
NNA-S Project Manager
late to this thread, but had a chance to see it in person. all along I thought this was the project Nismo Nick was working on, but in a recent video he confirms it isn't his. I also thought it was a wrap in person but sources say it's painted.

IMG_6639.webp




https://journal.classiccars.com/2026/09/28/nissan-z-kaze-concept-revealed-at-zcon/
That's the first close up pic I've seen with the tops on, thanks for sharing. I like the paint scheme they went with, where the pillars and hatch are body color, and the black section is aligned between the tops, roof, and whatever the little mini-wing thing on the back glass is called. If this makes it to production, I hope they keep this paint scheme. I wouldn't like how a full black roof would "hide" the tops.
 
 






Top