dddd

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
stinger gt
Something I believe some may have missed

The following link we take you to a demo of how the new Z dash works, what I was disappointed to see was the boost gauge only showing a max of around 8 psi. This is telling us we will be getting a 300hp version of the V6 (note the 400hp runs around 12 psi)
The rumors of a cheap base starting price may well be true but just understand that it will be the 300hp version, infinti charge quite a bit extra for the 400hp version and I'm expecting the same this time
Long story short the price difference between the base and up spec models just grew considerably

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Nice simulation! I find it strange that so far the Z has 2 boost gauges, one on the center pod also. I would hope one of them can be configured to show either AFR or exhaust temp, these are critical for turbo applications.

NissanFreak2021

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti G37
Occupation
Accountant
The following link we take you to a demo of how the new Z dash works, what I was disappointed to see was the boost gauge only showing a max of around 8 psi. This is telling us we will be getting a 300hp version of the V6 (note the 400hp runs around 12 psi)
The rumors of a cheap base starting price may well be true but just understand that it will be the 300hp version, infinti charge quite a bit extra for the 400hp version and I'm expecting the same this time
Long story short the price difference between the base and up spec models just grew considerably
Nissan Z 400Z Z Proto Dashboard Simulation (Preview) - YouTube
It makes sense to have 3 levels. Low, medium, high. 300hp, 400hp, 450hp+(nismo). They need a 300hp version they can price low and compete with the 255hp version supra.

bhamZ35

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Nissan Z 400Z Z Proto Dashboard Simulation (Preview) - YouTube
What’s the reference for the video? This isn’t a Nissan sponsored video and only states “messing around in editor”. From the small amount of info, it just seems like a random person on YouTube making a video on photoshop.

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
What’s the reference for the video? This isn’t a Nissan sponsored video and only states “messing around in editor”. From the small amount of info, it just seems like a random person on YouTube making a video on photoshop.
Yea the description says exactly that; the creator just put in the 370z audio on top of the Proto z's digital dashboard animation.

IsotopicZ

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Acura RDX
Occupation
Nuclear Instructor
Too late! I saw it already! Just kidding, happens to the best of us... we are all eager to see anything new on this. I keep checking everyday now that is summer for anything at all new!

relyt

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
CNC Machinist
I prefer analog gauges, so I'm glad that the dash pods are analog. Although, that means they aren't configurable. From what I can tell in the relatively low rez pictures, the one closest to the driver is a boost gauge and the one furthest from the driver is voltage. I can't really tell what the center one is, looks like some sort of pressure gauge, maybe oil pressure. But the dash gauges have to be configurable, I can't imagine it being completely fixed
Center gauge is turbo speed in 10krpm.
2020-09-16-11.57.35-1024x649.jpg

relyt

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
CNC Machinist
I'm not a racing driver, so I don't really understand the importance of the Diff Oil Temp gage. I imagine the whole dash is configurable to show which gages you feel are most important, but I don't understand why that one is shown in all of the press photos.

supraboi

First Name
Vu
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GS300
Anyone wish that the gauges were a bit more retro? Or if someone could make a hack to customaries the Z35's gauges?

aich0elijt571.jpg

Lin626

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MB
It would be cool to see some different layouts.