• 41 - 50 yrs old

• over 50 yrs old

Results are only viewable after voting.

Orion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Crappy Chevy
I'm 33 and I'm still getting carded. I have people walking up to me and asking if I was 14 and where are parents. :rolleyes:
I'm 43 and my GF is 44. Funny thing...just yesterday we were at a wine store and had to show both our IDs at the checkout. We both look young for our age. So I always take that as a compliment. The cashier couldn't believe we were in our forties lol.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
About that carding thing....
I'm mid-40's, and I was being carded into my early 30's. Pretty much stopped once I decided to go all scruffy looking and grow a beard.
Last year, with the CCP virus and facemasks, I get carded nearly every time. With my facemask on. Why the eff would you bother to card someone whose face is covered? Every time I ask them if they want me to remove my mask and they say no.

As for me, I feel lucky that Nissan has persevered in making the Z. Yes, it went away for a bit. I have always been a huge Nissan/Datsun and Honda fan. I just recently got rid of my 1987 Prelude Si that I had since the early 90's. I even had a 1995 Legend with the Type II engine and manual transmission, and after that I owned a turbo Integra. Honda began to lose me when they killed the Legend and Integra, and the RL and RSX were nowhere near as appealing to me as the Integra or Legend were. I owned a 1992 Integra, 1993 Vigor, 1995 Legend, 1997 Integra all bought from the same dealer in AZ. So I was super sad to see those cars killed off.
Also owned several versions of Preludes, the best ever being a 1991 2.1 SE..... now Honda makes an excellent minivan, and if you want a Type R you only get it in 4 doors with clownish body kit....well at least Honda is trying...

As for my Nissan side, I often had a Nissan (because RWD) parked along side any one of my Honda products. I had (2) Z31 coupes, (2) S12 200SX V6's and I currently own a Q60 AWD. Before I could legally drive, I would do custom stereo system and subwoofer enclosure builds in my friend's 280ZX. I have always been around Z's and I am so happy that Nissan is sticking with it right until the end. I'm grateful that I lived at about the right time to enjoy all of these interesting cars, and the entirety of the 80's too! Even my 13 y/o son thinks the 80's were the best time ever, and I swear I didn't try and influence him (he still thinks I am uncool)

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Nice! If you do build a 240Z please DON'T put an LS in it! Stick with true JDM roots. My RB26 has been reliable and plenty of power already even with just a light tune.
100% would stick with a Nissan engine. Probably a VQ37VHR. If I'm feeling froggy I'd jump for an RB.
i remember when i blew the apex seals on my fd people were trying to convince me to ls1 swap it. the shop owner even gave me a ride in his swapped rx7 to show me what it was like.

but i just couldn't do it...it did feel or sound right. there is nothing like a rotary. it felt like a sin to replace it with anything else...it would have lost its jdm soul.

Last edited:
OP
OP
trackratZ

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
When Iā€™m tracking Iā€™m 25 ā€˜roughlyā€™ half my age ? Really guys/gals donā€™t just daily drive this new Z w hungry 400hp. Do club events, autox, track, dragā€¦.something ? I guarantee itā€™ll half your age?

supra93

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Occupation
Pastry Chef
I'm 43 and my GF is 44. Funny thing...just yesterday we were at a wine store and had to show both our IDs at the checkout. We both look young for our age. So I always take that as a compliment. The cashier couldn't believe we were in our forties lol.
We need pics!

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
When Iā€™m tracking Iā€™m 25 ā€˜roughlyā€™ half my age ? Really guys/gals donā€™t just daily drive this new Z w hungry 400hp. Do club events, autox, track, dragā€¦.something ? I guarantee itā€™ll half your age?
Years ago, I used to autocross with a guy who always said that "autocross is one of the most fun things you can do with your clothes on", and he was so right lol. I can't wait to get back at it again, let alone club days/tracks.

Actually have a buddy who's at Nationals this week, definitely a bucket list item one day.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Years ago, I used to autocross with a guy who always said that "autocross is one of the most fun things you can do with your clothes on", and he was so right lol. I can't wait to get back at it again, let alone club days/tracks.

Actually have a buddy who's at Nationals this week, definitely a bucket list item one day.
Auto-x is so damn fun. Did that for years.

FB_IMG_1483209467967.jpg

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Iā€™m the same age but people think Iā€™m 48 lol
this may be what someone earlier meant when they said it wasn't the age...it was the milage lol

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
I'm 33 and I'm still getting carded. I have people walking up to me and asking if I was 14 and where are parents. :rolleyes:
This is me. I'm 37 and most people think I'm in my early 20's at the oldest. Looking younger got to me really bad when I was in high school up through my late 20's, but eventually I started feeling like it's a positive thing. I'm sure a lot of older people wished people mistook them for 20 years younger lol

Dgriz

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1970 240Z, 1971 240Z, 1972 240Z
Occupation
Engineer
I'm 65, first 240Z in 73 and I still have it. My 300ZX turbo came and went in the 80's (kids...). I've since had a 350Z and about 10 240Z. The collection is down to 3, my original yellow Z (LS power, no haters), a 1971 3.0 L stroker and a 1972 open engine bay, TBD. We autocross, do car shows and tinker in the garage all we want. There is an open spot for my new Z. The kids can buy their own...