Nissan Z Concept To Debut This Fall! 500+ HP Hybrid Z May Be In The Works

350ZZZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
07 350Z NISMO
I feel like this may not be a long wait. Well honestly it's a personal longing for a new Z that could be tainting my logic here this time. However with the current state of the market and options available I just don't see another year until one would arrive in a showroom is smart. Half the tech is probably on the edge of outdated as most Nissan stuff is when it realeases and there's currently many other options available. Nissan needs to drop the Z asap because look at the 370 forums and how much the want for one disappeared based on no new info but yet all the new toys in the Infiniti line.

Also, it is semi falling in line with previous model launch. G37 dropped and 1 year later the 370Z released. Technically if that is true possibly a summer 2018 release?
True though Nissan never officially confirmed anything is coming until recently. It was just all of us (including myself) getting impatient for info. It's another thing if they drop a concept and take years to roll it out like the NSX or even the Supra since everyone assumed the FT1 was a preview of the next one. But after Tokyo the clock will be ticking and hopefully they have planned releases of info/teasers between now and production.

SPOHN

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350,G35,G37,370
Occupation
Lineman
I'm trying to be patient. Really have no choice. I'll just keep saving and planing till that day. Problem in it is we'll have to wait for products to come. And I want to make the best choices the first time around.

280driver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1975 280Z 5-speed, 2020 Toyota Sequoia TRD Pro
I sure hope Nissan gives us a sneak peak. Anything to give us hope.

280driver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan said the Z is no longer a priority for them. It's a sad day. Nissan has truely lost its way when they give up on the average sports car fan.

MeisterZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Burnt Orange 350Z 6spd
Sad indeed. You gotta wonder if the report about a new concept coming in Tokyo is even true. I guess we'll know by October if the Z has any future. If it doesn't show we could just see 2018 being the last model year.. right before its anniversary too.

SPOHN

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350,G35,G37,370
Occupation
Lineman
I'm highly disappointed. Just come out and say it. I hope the Supra is not a let down in many ways.

SPOHN

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350,G35,G37,370
Occupation
Lineman
I'm highly disappointed. Just come out and say it. I hope the Supra is not a let down in many ways.

Robert

Nissan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Nissan 370Z, 2011 Nissan Sentra S
Nissan said the Z is no longer a priority for them. It's a sad day. Nissan has truely lost its way when they give up on the average sports car fan.
I wouldn't let yourself get too disappointed. That was just the VP for sales for Nissan North America. I still have hope that we will see something in October/December. The 50th anniversary is coming up, I suspect we might expect to see a new model go on sale in late 2018 for the 2019 model year.

digitaltrance

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
370z
Gah, Nissan's typical mixed signals when it comes to the Z. I will say though, even if there will be a Z35 I just hope it's not all digital. The way things are going, looks like its all drive by wire at this point and that COULD be a deal breaker for me.

SPOHN

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350,G35,G37,370
Occupation
Lineman
I'm not gonna say 100%. But more so I'm just going to get a Cayman S. The car itself cost a little bit more, the parts are about the same as a 370Z. It has more class, it's looks so much better, and it's definitely a lot lighter than a Z.

digitaltrance

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
370z
Like it, but that front grill though! Gotta see the rear too. Love the sharp front bumper and the sharp roof line. Rims are a good design.

280driver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Looks like a photo shop of another rendering that's been around for a while. Do like it though.

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
2009 370Z S/T/N 7AT - 2015 GT-R BE
Sadly at zdayz I spoke with execs and they were super tight lipped. Which to me feels like something is coming laterthis year.

Also they did ring something new but that will be revealed in my write up in the zdayz 2017 thread.