StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
I had a good chat with my dealer yesterday about the whole process. He was telling me, the way these cars get listed on the Nissan Canada website is a bit... not right. He said they go up automatically as soon as they get scanned into the system at the depot off rail (depending on area). And from there it usually takes about a week or two, or more he's noticed before it can actually arrive to the lot. Just due to the fact of busy shipments, only able to fit 9 cars on a truck to each dealer, so on, so forth. He said regardless if the car is pre-sold, allocated to a customer, or an order. It's automatically listed at that point of entry. He was unable to peek at the car I have coming because their entire system has been down for two days.

He was being very straight forward with the entire process of how it works that he's noticed and knows internally. But, he said for the most part it's just a waiting game. He said they originally had an "ETA" from Nissan for the 608 allocation of February, but he said a few months back it got bumped up to December. He said it's kind of been all over the place. And you honestly will not know until that car gets scanned into the system at the rail depot, then they get notified that it should arrive shortly. He kind of laughed and said I'd probably know before he gets the notification. From there he said it could be a week or so, depending on how busy things are. With the ETA's hes like you can't count on those from Nissan

But, he's said he's run into issues with the pricing on the Canada website vs Reality, because what's listed there is just the base MRSP. The all weather floor mats, the door scuff, kick plates and stuff that Nissan has been tacking onto the cars at factory are unavoidable, and not included in that price that gets automatically generated, so it leads to a bit of a sticker shock to some customers when they try and compare what they saw online vs what the website shows and wonder why it's more expensive.

I have them pricing out ceramic coat (They have an incredible detailing staff, they do the whole thing, handwash, claybar, dry, paint correction for minor imperfections, alcohol wash), and tint. Also for jokes we got talking about the mods I have planned. He is so excited for the exhaust system, he said the Auto car sounds pretty decent, but the manual is so meh. I told him I have the full catted downpipes, but I said how it's going to be a real treat to install without a lift. He's going to talk to the sales/service manager and see if that's something they can install for me, he said just wants to find out the details about warranty vs downpipes, he said its not a big deal, but they could raise concern if the selling dealership installed aftermarket parts.. But he said he'd do some digging

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite

But, he's said he's run into issues with the pricing on the Canada website vs Reality, because what's listed there is just the base MRSP. The all weather floor mats, the door scuff, kick plates and stuff that Nissan has been tacking onto the cars at factory are unavoidable, and not included in that price that gets automatically generated, so it leads to a bit of a sticker shock to some customers when they try and compare what they saw online vs what the website shows and wonder why it's more expensive.

It's interesting that CA and US are so different. Nissan adds on the floor mats, illuminated kick plates, and scuff guards in The US as well, but they *do* show up on the US inventory site and get included in the MSRP, so we know it's technically possible. I wonder why the CA system can't be the same way.

I tried to make a CA (and AU) spreadsheet sometime back, but if found the CA and AU inventory web sites too difficult to use, and I gave up.

🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
jc604

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
actually from what ive seen none of those have been tacked on the car when it comes, it is an "option" and they do have them at our dealership parts in stock from when i got my all weather mats. About your car the system is flawed but the car from what i know is "built" but just don't know when it will arrive. I was probably really lucky when i spotted mine in inventory and it came really quick

OP
OP
jc604

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The car has been in their system for over 3 weeks now.
talking about the dealership, the island dealers should not get these allocations due to sales/markups

LZ23

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
talking about the dealership, the island dealers should not get these allocations due to sales/markups
If that was the case then almost all dealers in Canada should not get any Z cars.Nissan Canada could easily fix the markup problem by not deilvering cars to dealers that have markups but they don't care about the customer.

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Just saw this pop up. Found this quite interesting.. Rare Passion Red back on the table ??

Red on Red Interior, 6SP Manual.. Awesome spec for anyone around Quebec looking... Looks like MRSP

1699724403025.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
jc604

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
i thought they got rid of red for canada interesting

OP
OP
jc604

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
We don't have rosewood or brilliant silver, so maybe they left us the passion red
yeah i guess they re added the red it wasnt in the builds before maybe they have addressed the issue

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Looks like LA Nissan in AB has both their listings landed, and posted for sale. The Nismo and the Black Performance. That list of dealers you posted back on page 32 @jc604 in Ontario/Alb have almost all landed and are being listed for sale on various sites. I've been watching carguru's, facebook marketplace, autotrader, kijiji and the dealers own websites like hawk haha.

LA Nissan's Nismo I believe is 677 according to their website VIN, no photos on their website, but one of the sales guys have it listed on FB Marketplace at $95,999
Kitchener Nissan in ON here has their Nismo and Boulder Grey, only knew they had the nismo In stock because of an instagram post.

The Nissan Canada inventory search still shows listed cars at only those dealerships, even #677 Nismo in AB. Yet, mine is 608, and has never made it to the inventory search. I don't think anything new has been added to that "list" since originally posted on Oct 1st or when ever that was.

My dealer mentioned that the inventory on the website doesn't update (and who knows how oftent that's done) until cars are logged in off rail at the processing centers. So, maybe there's still a bunch of Z's at Port/On Rail. From the time we initially noticed the glitching 2024 inventory with listings, it's been about a month give or take, so maybe that's just how long it's taking to get them from processing centers to dealers via truck

SavedByFaith_

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z Nismo
Looks like LA Nissan in AB has both their listings landed, and posted for sale. The Nismo and the Black Performance. That list of dealers you posted back on page 32 @jc604 in Ontario/Alb have almost all landed and are being listed for sale on various sites. I've been watching carguru's, facebook marketplace, autotrader, kijiji and the dealers own websites like hawk haha.

LA Nissan's Nismo I believe is 677 according to their website VIN, no photos on their website, but one of the sales guys have it listed on FB Marketplace at $95,999
Kitchener Nissan in ON here has their Nismo and Boulder Grey, only knew they had the nismo In stock because of an instagram post.

The Nissan Canada inventory search still shows listed cars at only those dealerships, even #677 Nismo in AB. Yet, mine is 608, and has never made it to the inventory search. I don't think anything new has been added to that "list" since originally posted on Oct 1st or when ever that was.

My dealer mentioned that the inventory on the website doesn't update (and who knows how oftent that's done) until cars are logged in off rail at the processing centers. So, maybe there's still a bunch of Z's at Port/On Rail. From the time we initially noticed the glitching 2024 inventory with listings, it's been about a month give or take, so maybe that's just how long it's taking to get them from processing centers to dealers via truck
Honestly who knows at this point and I find hawking things (like you're doing) is still the best bet, in Canada at least for a spec one would be interested

I've put a deposit on a Nismo, black

I found it by glitching the system as mention by @jc604
And put my deposit down on Oct 2nd.
So this was a Nismo appearing in the system way before any rail action as you and your dealer guy mentions.

I was told by the dealer it's a Feb 2024 delivery
And it's "to be built/ being built" when I put the deposit down.
He was able to provide me the VIN, the ETA
We don't even know the MSRP (as in what options it's coming with from factory)
Luckily, I'm getting this one for MSRP (wtv it'll be!) and may tack on some dealer things.

I really hope you get your delivery soon champ!

OP
OP
jc604

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Just recently checked the inventories near me and nothing has changed. I assume new ones will pop up in January

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
Anyone looking for a Z? My buddy is a salesman and just got one. grey performance 6spd. Very nice looking car.

asking 65k