SavedByFaith_

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z Nismo
It was actually super easy compared to the intakes haha. The instructions from Mishimoto said to unhook and flip over the drivers side intercooler. The paper was like. Simply pull towards and lift up.. I tried and tried, that was not happening. I managed to unhook the pcv line on both ends and snake it out from under the intake manifold without removing the intercooler, new line was just fed in, with the help of some needle nose, was able to fish and pull it the rest of the way through and hooked it up no problem. Little lube on the new hoses and they slid right onto the barbs easy
Awesome, thanks for the tips
Any other plans before spring driving season?

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
Awesome, thanks for the tips
Any other plans before spring driving season?
Have to install the z1 under tray, sway bars, swift springs and spacers and that's probably good for now haha, need some miles on it now to get a good feel for the car. Looking into a tune to get things dialed in with the mods I've got. Depending on how it sits maybe some rear camber arms and a good alignment

SavedByFaith_

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z Nismo
Have to install the z1 under tray, sway bars, swift springs and spacers and that's probably good for now haha, need some miles on it now to get a good feel for the car. Looking into a tune to get things dialed in with the mods I've got. Depending on how it sits maybe some rear camber arms and a good alignment
Super!!!
Crazy, feels like you won't even experience the car in stock form.

Still, with your mods, it's going to be stellar experience :)

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Super!!!
Crazy, feels like you won't even experience the car in stock form.

Still, with your mods, it's going to be stellar experience :)
Barely yeah! Just the short 40 min drive home from the dealership. I was already way over the moon on initial impression, so anything going forward should just be dialing things in and personalizing the feel on what I want out of the car. I tell you, it's so much nicer playing around with something brand new rather than one of my old Zs. Everything is so easy to come apart and doesn't seem to throw any curve balls at me. It's a treat lol

SavedByFaith_

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z Nismo
Love to hear it!

Just love all the resources we have nowadays, both vendors like Z1/JDM market and owners like yourself giving us the rundown.

Car is really great and it only gets better with more time in the driver seats and with bolts-ons :)

Couple months til spring!! 🌱🌼☀

OP
OP
jc604

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
Got the intakes buttoned up yesterday and installed the Mishimoto oil catch can. The intakes were a bit of a fun time. Like others. Unclipping the stock boxes from the tube was a bit of a fun time. Only other issue I had was on the passenger side I had a bit of trouble with the provided intake tube and the angle of the crankcase breather tube. It kept wanting to kink the rubber line, and it's no fun wiggling things around down there haha. Other than that fairly smooth install. Also throwing up a couple photos of the exhaust install my dealer sent me.

1000002216.jpg
1000002265.jpg
1000002259.jpg
1000002266.jpg
1000002268.jpg
nice and pimped out! tons of CF lol. are u gonna do a full CF interior as well?

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
nice and pimped out! tons of CF lol. are u gonna do a full CF interior as well?
To be honest, that's prob it for now. Once I get the springs and spacers installed I just need some seat time, and drive the car for a bit! Got a full titanium dressup kit coming from Z Spec Design(Had some store points to use from MAPerformance when I ordered the downpipes) to kind of complete the look, and something to tinker with until the driving season. For now it's kind of where I want it to be. Got the rear springs done yesterday. Later today I want to get it back on the ground with the rear spacers, then work on the front springs/struts this weekend.

OP
OP
jc604

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
To be honest, that's prob it for now. Once I get the springs and spacers installed I just need some seat time, and drive the car for a bit! Got a full titanium dressup kit coming from Z Spec Design(Had some store points to use from MAPerformance when I ordered the downpipes) to kind of complete the look, and something to tinker with until the driving season. For now it's kind of where I want it to be. Got the rear springs done yesterday. Later today I want to get it back on the ground with the rear spacers, then work on the front springs/struts this weekend.
Nice! Will probably order the swift springs and a cusco rear sway bar soon. I found a canadian retailer with both to save some $

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nice! Will probably order the swift springs and a cusco rear sway bar soon. I found a canadian retailer with both to save some $
That'll be nice! Saving money is nice lmao. I got the rears done today, weekend I'll deal with the front struts. Bit of a Carolina squat goin on right now lmao
1000002307.jpg
1000002305.jpg

Yasha

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Pending 2023 Z
Occupation
Software Engineer
Finally got an update on my Z, ordered Jan 2022 now confirmed for May 2024 production.

I'm super stoked about it aside from the annoying price hike for 2024 model. Performance 6MT blue on blue.

Will be my first new car, any advice from current owners?

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
Finally got an update on my Z, ordered Jan 2022 now confirmed for May 2024 production.

I'm super stoked about it aside from the annoying price hike for 2024 model. Performance 6MT blue on blue.

With great power comes great responsibility.
--Voltaire

Seriously though. You'll love the car, but take a bit of time getting used to it. Of all the cars I've owned over the years, this one is the most squirrelly. You can easily get into trouble if you don't keep the power under control.

LZ23

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z

Hopefully they don't do what my original dealer did.I also ordered in Jan 22, the car finally came in last Nov and when I called to set up a time for purchase they told me they wanted another 6k for the car.I thought they were joking at first but they were not.So obviously after some back and forth I told them to shove it.Reordered with another dealer on the Island last Dec. got to pick the exact color and interior I wanted and just received a call saying the car will be here end of the week at MSRP.

OP
OP
jc604

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

Wow u could be the last man standing for preorders since 2022.

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

Love mine so far. Like others have said. Just take er easy unless you're planning for a little fun. First couple gears are very snappy. It takes a bit of time to get used to it. Need a nice light throttle in first to keep things from going a little wild. The car wants to send it just before you go to hit second, and I've even kept it under 4k(for break in) I don't even want to imagine the feel of revving her out yet lmao. Other gears are a bit more manageable, the speed picks up intensely on highway, especially if you're passing, even if you're not aggressive on it. It's smooth, comfortable and can easily be in the territory of way too fast if you're not keeping an eye on the speedo lol.

You will enjoy the car, trust me. If you get an exhaust installed, the auto blips (if you use it) are addictive.