Nissan dealers with and without mark ups

Zplz

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Avalon
The three closet to me in western Iowa priced at MSRP. I got a Yellow performance. AT. The days of gouging are over. Saw one in RI on CarGurus priced 1900 under.
That’s good to hear. If nothing else, I’d think the ever-closer end of the 2023 model year would start putting pressure on 2023 model prices. Let’s hope Nissan starts upping the production for 2024. I’d personally love to see a lot more Passion Red start rolling out.

Enjoy your Z. Very sharp-looking in the yellow! :)

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
Lol I just noticed this post, I bought this car yesterday from Gunter Nissan.
20230601_164043.jpg
20230601_163548.jpg

Wow Congrats! Did you meet Tim Gunter. He and I go back about 15 years wheeling and dealing on nissans I bought 3 GTRs from him and helped him sell about a dozen when he was in NC before he opened up is own dealership up in VA. Enjoy it!

Last edited:

Vintage

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rubicon
Wow Congrats! Did you meet Tim Gunter. He and I go back about 15 years wheeling and dealing on nissans I bought 3 GTRs from him and helped him sell about a dozen when he was in NC before he opened up is own dealership up in VA. Enjoy it!
Thanks!
I didn't get a chance to meet the owner. A sales girl and the Nissan manager helped me out. Really nice folks to deal with. They made the purchasong process very pleasant. I would highly recommend the dealership. I'm loving the car, everything I expected from Nissan and more.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks!
I didn't get a chance to meet the owner. A sales girl and the Nissan manager helped me out. Really nice folks to deal with. They made the purchasong process very pleasant. I would highly recommend the dealership. I'm loving the car, everything I expected from Nissan and more.

Do you live close by if so you should bring it out to the Nissan meet at VIR June 17. Let me know if you are interested

Vintage

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rubicon
Do you live close by if so you should bring it out to the Nissan meet at VIR June 17. Let me know if you are interested
I'm a half an hour from the dealership. In Summerfield NC. Definitely interested in the meet. Thanks

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm a half an hour from the dealership. In Summerfield NC. Definitely interested in the meet. Thanks

awesome im in NC too sent you a message about the meet

shameful

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Also, has anybody noticed that Nissan's inventory website sometimes shows "Graphite Cloth" for a Performance Spec? I've seen this several times.
I actually just put in a reservation on one such performance spec listed with "Graphite Cloth" on the inventory page. Pictures show graphite (not blue, like the exterior) leather, window sticker says leather

$2k markup; in Dover, Ohio.

Georges1

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1972 Datsun 240Z
Occupation
Safety Engineer
Did they charge you the $5K markup or were you able to do some negotiating?

shameful

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Did they charge you the $5K markup or were you able to do some negotiating?
I spoke to a salesman almost 3 weeks ago regarding when the car was coming in and cost; they actually quoted me MSRP then. Shoulda signed the damn paperwork that day.

When the car came in I spoke to them again and they told me $5k. I was starting a trip for a couple weeks and said I'd reserve it at MSRP but not $5k, and would come look at it if it was still there when I got back.

They called me today offering $2k.

Georges1

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1972 Datsun 240Z
Occupation
Safety Engineer
Thanks. $2k is a good deal in regards to some of the other markups out there. Enjoy your car & congrats.

Zplz

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Avalon
$2K is good to hear. With that and the MSRPs, hopefully, things are going in the right direction. Come on, Nissan… need more Z’s, please. ;)

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
here is the crack smokers of the week( Month?) award.

nissan of greensboro about 30 mins from me. sad to see as when they were crown nissan this is where I had Nissan deliver my GTR NISMO sent to. they always treated me right.. new management how times have changed

this car is used too lmao

PXL_20230417_202356331.jpg

been keeping and eye on this Z just to gauge lightly used market a bit. in a couple months they are now down from 72K to 56K on a Z with 2100 miles on it

1111.jpg

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
been keeping and eye on this Z just to gauge lightly used market a bit. in a couple months they are now down from 72K to 56K on a Z with 2100 miles on it

1111.jpg
Funny how that works haha. I still laugh thinking about buying mine. Dudes wanted 20k but settled on 2k in a matter of like 2 days. They are just throwing stuff out there.

Vintage

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rubicon
IMG_8887.jpeg

Things seem to finally be changing one dealership at a time.
Agree, I think the $10k to $20k days are finally over.
Seems like $2k to $5k is the new norm. With a few dealers actually at MSRP ( My hats off to those MSRP dealers)
I Really don't blame dealers for trying to get $2k to $5k over MSRP on a new release that they'll only see a couple cars for the year. I remember a few year ago during COVID with auto shortage, a friend was looking at Toyota and Kia SUV's. The dealers wanted 2k to 5k over. I guess it's all relevant on what the market will bear.
In the last few years I've waited over a year on three ordered vehicles, with constant delays do to parts shortages. I have to admit on my Z purchase it did feel good to walk into the dealship, look over the car and purchase it off the showroom floor.

Last edited: