Nissan dealers with and without mark ups

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F-150
im just wonder what everyone has found. i stop by my local dealer this morning and unfortunately all they said was "sorry, we dont have any details or pricing for the Z just yet, please leave your name and number and one of our sales associates will be in touch with you".

Baker Nissan
19630 Northwest Fwy, Houston, TX 77065

ceric

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Mazda6
Not only pricing, it is about release date also.
Without a firm release date, dealers usually do not take deposits.
Without putting down deposits, you are just a name in their call lists.

Last edited:
OP
OP
gymratter

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F-150
right, i get that pricing has not been announce yet. im just wondering if anyone has seen a dealer that is committed on selling at MSRP? i see people on facebook saying dealers from all over the country have been telling them that there will be a mark up from anywhere of $5k-$10k over MSRP.

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
There's no additional dealer markup here in Australia, you'll pay MSRP plus on-road costs. At worst they'll try to upsell you roof racks or insurance.

golddog

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport
I have a verbal from my local dealer that they will sell to me at MSRP. We will see when official pricing is revealed and orders open up. If they back out, so be it. This will be a third car, so if I get one at MSRP great, if not I will either wait or move on to the next latest and greatest.

MARLEY

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 RAM 1500 Laramie
Occupation
US Coast Guard
All you're doing is giving them ammo to justify ADM's. This forum will probably know price and release dates before they do. I wish people would stop going to dealers and asking them about it.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I don't think people stopping by is the sole reason for mark ups. I think the chip shortage has the most effect. I mean people are paying MSRP or over for a freaking minivans for goodness sake.
Agree, it’s why I’m going to try and sell my car now, then bum lifts off my kids until the Z arrives….put it on car sales for 10k more than what the dealer will offer and see what happens

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
i couldnt get a straight answer from the dealer im on the list with. now a days chances are, they know people are paying over to even get a normal car/truck, much less a legendary sports car. im sure they will go down the list and call each one trying to scare them into paying more. dealer will get in 3 cars and try to get all 50 who are waiting to outbid one another.

i remember the days no one even paid msrp...back then if you did, you were a sucka.

edit: even when the highly anticipated 3rd gen tacoma first came out, my dealer only received 2 in. i got it for $500 below msrp and got them to tint the windows for free.

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
Take a walk around the lot. If you see addendum stickers, you can bet there will be added charges.

Interesting fact:. One of the reasons dealers do this is so they can "give" the buyer more for their trade. It's a shell game.

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
Central Houston Nissan is doing a 4k markup, that's straight from the GM's mouth. All others in the Houston area have no information / are not willing to talk about it.

Dealer markups will either make or break my decision to get one...depending how ridiculously high.
These things are going to print money on the secondary market, mark my words - C8 Jr.

There's nothing else with 400hp and a stick for this cheap, they look good and the Z nameplate has some history.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Central Houston Nissan is doing a 4k markup, that's straight from the GM's mouth. All others in the Houston area have no information / are not willing to talk about it.

These things are going to print money on the secondary market, mark my words - C8 Jr.

There's nothing else with 400hp and a stick for this cheap, they look good and the Z nameplate has some history.
Just like all of your "inside" info prior to launch?;) (kidding)

In all seriousness, I really wish folks would stop manifesting this stuff. Y'all are just tempting the universe at this point.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Agree, nothing is confirmed until we have someone with a Z on their hands and the actual price paid. No need to drag on this topic, all heresay, hmmm