Nismo Z prototype spied testing in the U.S.

Kbl911

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z
Occupation
Wealth Management
had a dealership in Oklahoma straight hang up on me when I asked if they were selling at MSRP or not... scumbags probably wanted an extra $20k over. Shame on all of 'em
It's all just so far out-of-bounds, it's really embarrassing.

Like, here's you, presumably legitimately looking to buy a car and the protocol is, what, to disregard anyone who is looking for something approaching on a reasonable price?

Thisguy298

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 GTI
had a dealership in Oklahoma straight hang up on me when I asked if they were selling at MSRP or not... scumbags probably wanted an extra $20k over. Shame on all of 'em
lol, i guessed when i said $20k over. I looked back at their website just now, it's exactly $20k over MSRP! it's only a Sport trim! To whoever was asking how much the Nismo will be, I'd bet my downpayment for a new Z that we'd be seeing over $80k for it pretty often.

Kbl911

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z
Occupation
Wealth Management
Looks like they're predictably going with a mesh-like grille insert, which is nice. Someone thought they could make out fender vents and the above-mentioned hood vents have been suggested but I'm not seeing the fender detail clearly and I don't think the lighter colored vehicle has the same hood cutouts.

Ziggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Abarth 124
Guess we will get a trim below the Nismo but above the other two. Makes me think Nismo pricing will be very expensive.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Do I spy hood vents?
when i saw that i got excited because it means 2 things...

1. the nismo will need more cooling for (hopefully) substantially more power.

2. it's gonna look great and be functional...are paying attention toyota?

Papa G Z

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sky redline
Occupation
VP Sales
Had a dealer tell me a yellow non proto they were asking $90K a month ago now was $75K as they had two You Tuber folks making same offer.... told him to let them have it. Since then been back looking at new C8 Convertible Corvettes. Had a dealer in Texas had three of them. One was exactly what i was looking for. Orange LT1 Convertible with added black accents, wheels etc. Sticker was $77,800 or so, initially they were $10K over. Earlier this week came down to $5000k over. Called me today to say the Orange one gone but had two other LT3's they wanted to move. Out of budget but tells me C8's might become more MSRP and if Z stays over MSRP the pricing becomes a big win for C8.

The Z dealer said the "Z was at the Port" and if they had a firm sale then they could expedite it being delivered to the dealership....sounds like BS... If its such a hot car, why is it sitting at a port? It's a Manual so maybe waiting on the new Transmission.

Likely moving on from Z and doing the C8 come spring. I have a 2008 Saturn Sky Redline Turbo Blue 12,000 original miles, new tires, power stop drilled and slotted Rotors, Mint.... If I do C8 we will sell it and the value offsets the MSRP difference between the Z and C8, less insurance, taxes etc.... I was going to keep the Sky Auto for my wife and the Z manual for me but given C8 only Auto and can get C8 convertible then win win for one car for both of us.

If anyone gets tired of waiting and want a fast convertible with 12,000 miles let me know!! LOL.

Still have not seen a Z in person so part of me wants to wait of that OMG moment that swings me back but Nissan and Dealers not making that happen so far.

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO

Ziggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Abarth 124
Mag-x.jp thinks the front will look something like this.

https://mag-x.jp/2023/01/25/21725/

Nismo_Z_2.jpg
yes thatā€™s what I think too!!! So glad to see a visual of it. Iā€™ve been playing around with dumb phone apps trying to visualize since I donā€™t think the split grille is going on the Nismo. The top of the grille opening starts lower than the top of the regular and split grilles.

BA554C40-E255-4B71-87AB-129194BFA7B7.jpeg

Ziggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Abarth 124
Until they reveal the price for it.....if 50k pissed you off, just wait šŸ˜‚
Iā€™m prepared for $60k. North of that then yes Iā€™ll be pissed again. Lol

Iā€™m more concerned they make it exactly how I want it to be, price it where I like it and then make it auto only due to the higher power numbers.

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
Iā€™m prepared for $60k. North of that then yes Iā€™ll be pissed again. Lol

Iā€™m more concerned they make it exactly how I want it to be, price it where I like it and then make it auto only due to the higher power numbers.
65-70k is what I've heard.