NISMO Z Configuration Poll - What Specs Would You Like to See?

What kind of configuration you would like to see on the new NISMO Z?

• Total voters

ZGT4

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Hybrid
Given that Nissan Z was already announced, and Mr. Tamura said that the NISMO Z's configuration will be based on customers' demand, with this, what kind of configuration you would like to see on the new NISMO Z?

OP
OP

ZGT4

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Hybrid
Typo AWS = AWD sorry

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 GT350, 2003 350Z (sold after 200,000 miles)
I voted 450 HP, RWD, Manual. Would like to see a true, track worthy vehicle. Two piece brake rotors all around. Brake cooling channels/deflectors to manage heat build-up. Calipers with easy to swap pads. Oil, Transmission, Differential coolers. Balanced handling. Some downforce (rear wing, larger front splitter, maybe dive planes). Simple, sturdy, seats with good lateral support and provisions for harness installation. Making provisions in that bar behind the seats to act as a harness support (maybe it already can). Weight reduction where possible (seats, battery, wheels, two piece brake rotors, glass, etc.).

I think that would be cool.

-T

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
500hp, hybrid/ICE, manual, tested aero, adaptive suspension.....RWD.

No AWD for the Z, more weight, leave that to the GT-R.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Nothing up there is what I'd want. 500hp/400+tq, RWD, manual transmission, heavily modified suspension (maybe magnetic or user adjustable), wider fenders to fit wider wheels/tires (285 up front, 305 out back, 19" wheels), aero that DOESN'T look stupid and is highly functional, weight reduction. That would make it worth the money.

AWD is illegal. Keep that sh!t away from the Z. Never has and never should be AWD.

Z_Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
s2000, Xterra Pro-4x
450-500 HP RWD manual sounds good. I was thinking AWD for a moment but that's more in line of the Skyline/GTR family and not the Z. A more aggressive diffuser + front bumper, some wider fenders to make it look more aggressive, maybe an air vent or 2 would be cool. BUT make them functional, don't need any fake vents anywhere. Bigger brakes and maybe throw some nice Recaro seats and I'd be happy.

Numbersguy

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
G37
Occupation
IT
475hp with AWD and DCT. Upgraded suspension and aerodynamic aggressive yet classy body kit with a adjustable mode exhaust.
That's what I'm hoping for too in addition to some upgraded brakes to handle the extra power and have it have about 450 torque.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
who was is at nissan that said the nismo z would be a 'baby gtr'?

that would mean...

1. power bump
2. auto w/paddle shifters
3. awd
4. aero/bodykits
5. performance upgrades

JoaquinJr

First Name
Joaquin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW E46
Although I agree with many here with the changes stated for the Nismo version there are some things that I notice some people aren't mentioning. I think the nismo version should capitalize on what nissan sports cars are all about which are response, agility, fun, balance and power. Although it is still early to know how well balanced the car is the engine is like 98% the same and some guesses can be made there. Although the VR30 is a very responsive engine, some people and reviewers still talk about hesitation below 2k, improved turbo spool is something I want to see (just like in the GTR nismo with its revised turbos) for more instant response without having to go aftermarket and better weight distribution because that VR30 is going to add more weight up front and redistribution would improve driving characteristics.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
The only thing I'd like to see beyond upgraded suspension and brakes is a 400 lb weight drop. 400 hp at 3000 lbs would make for a more agile car, lighter on its feet but still plenty fast in a straight line. Unless you are tracking the car additional power is really useless. I've read countless car forum posts from guys who find (after the initial thrill of ownership was waned) that driving high-powered rides on the street becomes boring and frustrating because they can never exploit the power without risking their licenses.