NISMO Z Configuration Poll - What Specs Would You Like to See?

What kind of configuration you would like to see on the new NISMO Z?

• Total voters

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Perfect, so see you and @Haste there in 3 years or 36k from delivery, whatever comes first
Forget that warranty period, whoever gets there first gets the tune! ;)Report back what they can do.

I will for sure stay stock tuned for initial baselines at tracks here. I doubt that exhaust only (aside from sweet sounding aftermarket) will get much gains though, on stock tune.

BobDigi5060

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
10r80 5.0, G37X, C4 LT1
I believe it would handle really well if not better. I'd also like to have the option as other manufacturers do. But, I think we'll get the same ol' rwd with a slight power bump.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
lol, Depending on what (If anything) has changed from the Q50/Q60 VR30 to the Z's engine, and what Soho and other reputable tuners can eek out performance wise (safely) on this platform, I'll most likely get tuned much in advance of the 36k. I love the mods I currently have on my S4, and that just makes me even more excited to see how much they'll transform the Z. Just have to wait for the Nismo unveil, hopefully in Spring for Summer/Fall deliveries?
Fair play. And that timing for the Nismo would be reallllly interesting - I kind of hope they do it like that, so it gives those contemplating making the Nismo jump a clear answer of what to do.

Forget that warranty period, whoever gets there first gets the tune! ;)Report back what they can do.

I will for sure stay stock tuned for initial baselines at tracks here. I doubt that exhaust only (aside from sweet sounding aftermarket) will get much gains though, on stock tune.
Cannonball Run, but for a tune. Nice. And yeah, I kind of want to see what the car is like stock too and follow closely what the powers that be unveil. Probably do some autocross'ing and maybe contemplate a trip to Road Atlanta for a track day...

ec15

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A few
I believe it would handle really well if not better. I'd also like to have the option as other manufacturers do. But, I think we'll get the same ol' rwd with a slight power bump.

For the price point of a Z, I do not see an AWD version handling better. It'll just be added weight.
Will it be safer in the wet or shoot out of a corner faster? Yes.
Rainy track days in an AWD can be more forgiving but it still has to stop.

Besides, it wouldn't be a Z if it's AWD.
Nissan does have another option... GTR. ?

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
At this point in Nissan’s financial situation no use talking about any AWD for the Z, even for Nismo, not cost effective and that’s GTR territory.

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Perfect, so see you and @Haste there in 3 years or 36k from delivery, whatever comes first
Isn't Nissan's warranty 60 months/5 years now?

Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 7.59.59 am.png

*edit. Looks like US still only has the 36month/36k warranty.

Last edited: