SavedByFaith_

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z Nismo
Hi all.
New Canadian member just put in a reservation for a Z Performance / Boulder Grey.

Reservation was done on a link from my local dealer over the weekend.
Got a ring yesterday evening to get the details of the order.

Obviously, the money question of when I'd get mine was asked.
The answer I got was a little sad but maybe incorrect?

Basically the guy told me, that I'll get my Z next year spring/summer in 2023.
That the first reservation done in Jan/Feb this year - those folks are getting their Z around July (maybe august even) - October.
That "first reservation period" in beginning of this year, closed in 2 days.

Now the reservations happening here in May are for the next "manufacturing line" - that he's going to put the order in Nissan HQ in 2/3 weeks (until then i can change my color / trim).
Basically, I'll get the second batch of production cars that'll arrive here Spring/Summer 23.
He was trying to soften the blow saying things like "if it were me, id rather it from the 2nd line - they wont get the first one perfect, etc."

Has anyone else heard something similar?

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Hi all.
New Canadian member just put in a reservation for a Z Performance / Boulder Grey.

That the first reservation done in Jan/Feb this year - those folks are getting their Z around July (maybe august even) - October.

Now the reservations happening here in May are for the next "manufacturing line" - that he's going to put the order in Nissan HQ in 2/3 weeks (until then i can change my color / trim).
Basically, I'll get the second batch of production cars that'll arrive here Spring/Summer 23.
He was trying to soften the blow saying things like "if it were me, id rather it from the 2nd line - they wont get the first one perfect, etc."

Firstly great to see another new poster!
Can’t say I have because I’m from Aus ….but if it makes you feel any better, I and manu others have had our orders in for over a year to be in the first batch

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
I personally haven't heard of anything specific. I don't think Nissan has or will release such a time line for us. He may be just kind of guessing based on current demand. And probably assuming Spring/Summer of next year, because that's when most people would more than likely take delivery of such a vehicle in Canada if it doesn't make it to the sales floor by Oct/Nov.

I was one of the lucky guys who got an order placed in that 2-3 day window before the online reservation system went live. And he is kind of right there, my guy also said due to the production delays and chip shortages they are expecting around July-Sept of this year. Even they don't know what or why the pre-orders were open, and how that affects the general delivery/build schedule. However, that was also a very broad message from Nissan with a lot of +/- factored in. Now, no one for certain knows whether these production delays or shortages have affect those initial pre-orders or very early dealer orders to Nissan, or just the delay of the general stock flowing into dealerships. We've seen countless images of cars being pumped out on trucks in and around Japan (North American spec), so we can only assume production is in full swing (from what they can do quota wise with the parts and chips)

Again, it's very hard to say. In today's day it's all a guessing game. I guess you can only hope that maybe the production is starting to flow, and with probably relatively low sales up north here, meeting that production demand may not be that difficult. I'm sure they're going to work hard to get the initial preorders out, a few dealer stock, and try and keep them flowing in.

*Edit*I guess the other thing you can hope for is someone has an order cancelled because the price is more than they expected. I'd try and see if he can push the order through as soon as possible, rather than waiting the next 2-3 weeks. When mine was put in, all he had to do was submit the order through their portal for approval from Nissan. I wonder why he's opted to wait

Last edited:

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
Hi all.

Welcome to board! Where in Canada you from?

He’s right about the 1 week window before it went online. Probably the first batch which I did preorder from my local dealer which hopefully comes sometime in July in time for my bday:)

But as far as first batch vs other batches, I don’t think it matters to be honest. If this was a total new car , new chasis and lot of new parts, I can see that statement may be better. This car will not have any “issues” regarding which batch you get.

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
Welcome to board! Where in Canada you from?

He’s right about the 1 week window before it went online. Probably the first batch which I did preorder from my local dealer which hopefully comes sometime in July in time for my bday:)

But as far as first batch vs other batches, I don’t think it matters to be honest. If this was a total new car , new chasis and lot of new parts, I can see that statement may be better. This car will not have any “issues” regarding which batch you get.
Haha a Birthday Z would be insane. Mine is on June 14th, that may be a little optimistic

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Hi all.

Given the first customer deliveries were already pushed back from Spring to Summer, a newish vehicle intro, chip shortages predicted through 2024, and various COVID related restrictions/closures that will constrain things ... Spring 2023 would be optimistic in my view.

Count me as very pessimistic in terms of people getting this vehicle anytime soon. Especially if it catches on in terms of demand. (In the USA, the ticket will be throwing extra money to get earlier.)

OP
OP
SavedByFaith_

SavedByFaith_

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z Nismo
You're all so kind, thank you for the warm welcome.

Located in Montreal, QC.

I'll definitely reach out to my dealership and push that order in ASAP while making it clear that I'd be interested in potentially acquiring an earlier shipment in the case someone cancels the order.

First Z, I'm super stoked!
Been a dream of mine (own a Z and my first sports car).

90s kid, grew up in the 350/Fairlady Z era, watching drift tunes.
Can't believe I'm about to own my first ever sports car and to make it a Z on top of that!

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance

Located in Montreal, QC.

I'll definitely reach out to my dealership and push that order in ASAP while making it clear that I'd be interested in potentially acquiring an earlier shipment in the case someone cancels the order.

Can't believe I'm about to own my first ever sports car and to make it a Z on top of that!
I’m in the same boat. I’m from the GTA grew up in 90s as well. I must say, it was by far the best decade for everything! Especially music.

Anyway, it will be my first Z as well but don’t cancel because you will drop out of the list and there is no way you can get the first batch as it is nearly impossible. But you can get it next summer or spring is still good. I wanted to cancel my preorder if it took too long too. But, like I said here many times, you go cancel and want to reorder months later; now your pushed back even further. Times are different nowadays. We just gotta wait on the cars we want.

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
Hi all.

honestly i think the next reservations are when nissan CA says so. some dealerships here are taking random deposits $500 not $1000 which is the initial deposit that was supposed to be put down. As for people cancelling, i think that is your best hope

OP
OP
SavedByFaith_

SavedByFaith_

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z Nismo
I’m in the same boat. I’m from the GTA grew up in 90s as well. I must say, it was by far the best decade for everything! Especially music.

Anyway, it will be my first Z as well but don’t cancel because you will drop out of the list and there is no way you can get the first batch as it is nearly impossible. But you can get it next summer or spring is still good. I wanted to cancel my preorder if it took too long too. But, like I said here many times, you go cancel and want to reorder months later; now your pushed back even further. Times are different nowadays. We just gotta wait on the cars we want.
Keeping my reservation, but maybe just telling my dealer that I'm willing to take an earlier delivery if someone were to cancel (I understand I may need to sacrifice color, but I don't mind that too much)

Honestly. after letting in sink in some more, i don't mind waiting - been doing so along time!

Welcome to the board. Boulder grey is my first choice as well. 90s kid also and this will be my first Z too !
Beyond excited!
G37 is a dream!!
Favorite sounding stock setup when it was fresh, even the G35.

honestly i think the next reservations are when nissan CA says so. some dealerships here are taking random deposits $500 not $1000 which is the initial deposit that was supposed to be put down. As for people cancelling, i think that is your best hope
Not sure, my deposit was $1000.

julien20vt

First Name
Jul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda CX-9

Located in Montreal, QC.

I'm also wiating for a boulder gray performance 6MT... from the first batch.

Depending on when it will be delivered this year I'm not sure to keep it.. so we can stay in touch ;)
(I'm also in QC province)

OP
OP
SavedByFaith_

SavedByFaith_

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z Nismo
I'm also wiating for a boulder gray performance 6MT... from the first batch.

Depending on when it will be delivered this year I'm not sure to keep it.. so we can stay in touch ;)
(I'm also in QC province)
Awesome!
Appreciate the offer, but looking for the 9AT model at least for the Z.
Best of luck and I'm sure you'll find someone if you decide to let her go.