MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
To your second point if I had a guarantee of hey your nismo will be built December and you will get it early spring then that's fine it is what it is. I would be happy with just knowing it will happen at some point .

But it's kind of pick your poison. In the US for the most part dealers just get Z's and your dealer might have the trim and color you want in hand just sitting there but all you have to do is hope said dealer doesn't feel like molesting you that day

In Japan you simply put in an order and you wait for your car but the catch is 5k other people did too and it's gonna take 3 years so good luck.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
From our end its a pre order and was advertised as one, especially since nissan canada directly took them and not the dealers but dealers also took them. Full faqs were up when we started in the end of january of 2022 and early feb https://www.nissan.ca/vehicles/sports-cars/z/faq.html
Reservation numbers were provided also with a step by step delivery process in which everyone is stuck at phase 1 with the exception of maybe 5% were fulfilled

Oh for sure Yeah I followed all that closely as I was really jealous thinking if only we could do that in the US . Go online order the car just wait for the progress to update.

thats why I said it feels like maybe it was factory orders with the best of intentions at first then it just all went bad and they couldn't make good on it like originally planned and then the ones that did get fulfilled just happened to Match up with that Canada was being sent anyway?

Also Weren't many of those fulfilled cars just demo cars customers bought? Or was that something separate?

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
Oh for sure Yeah I followed all that closely as I was really jealous thinking if only we could do that in the US . Go online order the car just wait for the progress to update.

thats why I said it feels like maybe it was factory orders with the best of intentions at first then it just all went bad and they couldn't make good on it like originally planned and then the ones that did get fulfilled just happened to Match up with that Canada was being sent anyway?

Also Weren't many of those fulfilled cars just demo cars customers bought? Or was that something separate?
Yeah plans fell apart clearly on their end, as to how many people are left standing who knows? The damage was done as to taking deposits and spending it elsewhere. As to the first batch of allocations was all dealers got 1 and they either sold them to a “preorder” or marked the hell outta them, this included our 50 protos. As to what the dealership is telling me is that nissan canada has given them very little to no information on the Zs. Not suprised many people fell out and the canadian thread is pretty much dead at this point.

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
There's no way anyone would be shocked if a Nismo is impossible to get lol. It's not like getting any Z at the moment is easy. It's like trying to get the 1% of 1%. I also absolutely cannot imagine dealers selling these anywhere near msrp.

Supremekai

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z
They should get customers their Z before even thinking of announcing the Nismo...

I think Canada dealers only got their second batch of Z in the past month or two....

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
Yeah plans fell apart clearly on their end, as to how many people are left standing who knows? The damage was done as to taking deposits and spending it elsewhere. As to the first batch of allocations was all dealers got 1 and they either sold them to a “preorder” or marked the hell outta them, this included our 50 protos. As to what the dealership is telling me is that nissan canada has given them very little to no information on the Zs. Not suprised many people fell out and the canadian thread is pretty much dead at this point.
Last I spoke with my dealer, their entire team was frustrated beyond belief. They have had absolutely zero communication from Nissan, no memos, no emails/calls, information or anything. They said their customers are pissed, and there's nothing they can do but tell them.. they have no idea. They have pre sold-order cars in the system. The initial demo they received at Christmas time they had no idea that was coming. They sold that after sitting on it for a few months. They had a second black Z show up completely out of random. But, they assured me it was one of their pre-orders they assumed, so it went to the person with that "order". But, those turned out to be a very small select second random allocation again.
They shopped around and managed to get another Z in inventory from another source to have in inventory again, and marked it up to 78k to see if they can make a buck.

Nissan tells me to contact my dealership, as they're in a better position to help me.
Dealership tells me they have no idea what's going on, and I will probably have access to more information then they will ever receive.

It's almost August now. We're quickly running out of time for 2023 up here again.
Officially 536 days since my order went into the system with Nissan Canada.
The good news is a FEW Ariya platinums are just starting to pop up on the west coast from people who've placed reservations/orders back in February of 22. So, Mayyyyybe things are starting to flow. Or obviously the Ariya is just a big priority right now to get out first.

I just wish there was some sort of official release from Nissan stating what the issues are, what the delays are, when to expect pre-orders, or new stock. Hell... Even lie to me good. Just stop telling me the cars are arriving and to talk to my dealership.

At least the aussies have been able to track shipments, possibly VINs, get ETA's and vessel information of some sorts, to get some idea of what and when they may be coming.

We get nothing.

TKAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2003 350Z
Last I spoke with my dealer, their entire team was frustrated beyond belief. They have had absolutely zero communication from Nissan, no memos, no emails/calls, information or anything. They said their customers are pissed, and there's nothing they can do but tell them.. they have no idea. They have pre sold-order cars in the system. The initial demo they received at Christmas time they had no idea that was coming. They sold that after sitting on it for a few months. They had a second black Z show up completely out of random. But, they assured me it was one of their pre-orders they assumed, so it went to the person with that "order". But, those turned out to be a very small select second random allocation again.
They shopped around and managed to get another Z in inventory from another source to have in inventory again, and marked it up to 78k to see if they can make a buck.

Nissan tells me to contact my dealership, as they're in a better position to help me.
Dealership tells me they have no idea what's going on, and I will probably have access to more information then they will ever receive.

It's almost August now. We're quickly running out of time for 2023 up here again.
Officially 536 days since my order went into the system with Nissan Canada.
The good news is a FEW Ariya platinums are just starting to pop up on the west coast from people who've placed reservations/orders back in February of 22. So, Mayyyyybe things are starting to flow. Or obviously the Ariya is just a big priority right now to get out first.

I just wish there was some sort of official release from Nissan stating what the issues are, what the delays are, when to expect pre-orders, or new stock. Hell... Even lie to me good. Just stop telling me the cars are arriving and to talk to my dealership.

At least the aussies have been able to track shipments, possibly VINs, get ETA's and vessel information of some sorts, to get some idea of what and when they may be coming.

We get nothing.
Are the Ariyas really hard to find, too? I remember looking at tons of dealer sites when I was looking for a Z and seem to remember there being a lot of Ariyas available in Texas.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ariya is nissan's top priority right now and like its been mentioned before the Z is directly suffering a bit because of it since they use the same resources at the factory. in related news Nissan did score a big win today for Ariya, they announced in 2024 it will have access to the Tesla charging stations across the nation

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
That's crazy! Maybe it's just us that are behind again on the pre order thing. Anyone who seemed to order/reserve a platinum AWD way back a year and a half ago still seemed to be waiting. Some are coming in, just very slowly. Maybe they did the same as the Z, said f the pre orders, let's get the randoms on the lots first. The base model seemed to show up first, AWD/Platinum seems to be delayed

Supremekai

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z
When I was looking for Z on the several dealers website a week ago or so and I did see a few ariyas on here be there.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
That's crazy! Maybe it's just us that are behind again on the pre order thing. Anyone who seemed to order/reserve a platinum AWD way back a year and a half ago still seemed to be waiting. Some are coming in, just very slowly. Maybe they did the same as the Z, said f the pre orders, let's get the randoms on the lots first. The base model seemed to show up first, AWD/Platinum seems to be delayed
Dealers make more money from impatient, impulsive buyers who see a vehicle on the lot.....

V35

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
G35
Its crazy to see how close the Mag X people got

F1ygiQLaQAAFgBa?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg