First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Hello from Houston. Building up my brownie points to get one. Hopefully I have enough in a year to trade it in.... ;););)
welcome...post up in the texas thread below in my sig.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Was a fan of the 300ZX back in the day, never owned one.
Driving Audis for the past 15 years, this looks like the leading candidate to replace my TT.
welcome
came close to buying a quattro tt years back.

Last edited:

4CRUZN

First Name
Geremy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan Z
Hi everyone,

I live in both Long Beach, California and in Las Vegas, NV. I have a passion for cars especially the JDM community.

My current daily driver: 2002 Lexus IS300 fully modified, HippoSleek body kit from Japan, iForged Aero 19" rims on Michelin Pilot Sport 4s, SRT intake with Race-ECU, Mazzuri headers and ypipe, Tanabe Medallion catback exhaust system, JDM Modellista headlights, JDM clear fog lights, HKS vented hood CF wrapped, MMSport v3 LED tail lights painted Satin Black, Custom interior black vinyl with charcoal gray "double-diamond stitching" in the center, front and rear view 4k cameras, BC racing coilovers on Swift springs, Area51 front strut bar, TRD rear strut bar, TRD under body chassis braces, SRT rear braces, Hotchkis front and rear sway bars, FormulaOne tint, Focal full audio car system, JL Audio amp, and JL Audio 12' W6v3 subwoofer, all interior lights have been changed to LEDs, Carbon Fiber interior, and a Pioneer AVH-W4500 NEX double din monitor. More mods I can't remember off the top of my head.

I'm new the the Nissan Z community always loved the car, never owned one. I've been looking to see what my next JDM car purchase will be and I want to buy: 2023 Nissan Z Performance Model, Manual Transmission, in Seiran Blue with Black Leather seats.

My dad is not getting any younger so this next purchase will be a present for him. I plan to modify the car to his specifications, give him a chance to relive his youthful years of a manual transmission but in a twin-turbo V6 motor. He brags about how Japanese cars are very reliable so what better than to get him a new Japanese sports car. Any mods we do to this car, I will have him install himself to add a more personal connection to this car.

I'm also looking forward to attending future car meet and greets in my local area of Long Beach all the way to Las Vegas. Hopefully I will meet some of you Nissan Z owners in real life and talk more about our passion for cars. Who knows maybe hit up some canyon runs along the way.

- Cruz

JCarter05

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'14 370z
Occupation
IT
My name is Jared and I reside in Columbus Ohio. Looking very forward to the new Z. I have a verbal allocation reserved from a local trusted dealer. Been saying for years that all the 370z needed was the VR30DDTT swap, but now I'm extremely excited to see the mechanical improvements they made in both the engine and the trans. Better turbos and all new BPVs compared to the q50/q60 version. They also solved my biggest woe with the 370z which was the CSC being internal to the trans bell housing, by relocating it external to the trans (as it should have been in the first place). If I could change anything about the new Z, I would offer it in a color similar to the Magma Red on my '14 370z. I may just end up getting it in Magnetic Black and then doing a vinyl wrap, we'll see.

To anyone who doesn't understand the importance of the CSC fix, I'll explain. The 370z's clutch slave cylinder is located inside the trans bell housing which is very hot. This causes the dot 3 brake fluid they use from the factory to boil. The hot fluid + normal wear/tear causes the CSC rubber seal to break down and deteriorate. My fix on my 370z was to use the "Ranger Protocol" to suck the old dot 3 fluid from the reservoir and replace it with some Motul RBF-600 which has a way higher boiling point. This is only if you do it before your CSC seal starts deteriorating. Once the CSC seal starts deteriorating, you have to replace the CSC which is expensive due to having to drop and open the trans. With Nissan relocating the CSC to the engine bay, 1. The fluid stays cooler and doesn't boil, 2. If the CSC does happen to break, its a way easier fix that doesn't require trans service.

Thanks for reading, and I look forward to all the great discussion we will be having on these cars once they hit the streets!

icinnabonass

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing Fun (Yet)
Occupation
Tech Startup
Hi All!

Looking to become a Z owner, have never owned one before. Grew up in the early 90s dreaming of the 300ZX.

Have previously owned EG6, AP1 S2000, MR2, and 335i.

Decided to become a boring man and ditched them all in 2017 -- and then I saw the prototype Z.

Taillights got me hooked! Finally going to fulfill my childhood dream lol.

Thanks!

-icinnabonass

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
Hi All!

Looking to become a Z owner, have never owned one before. Grew up in the early 90s dreaming of the 300ZX.

Have previously owned EG6, AP1 S2000, MR2, and 335i.

Decided to become a boring man and ditched them all in 2017 -- and then I saw the prototype Z.

Taillights got me hooked! Finally going to fulfill my childhood dream lol.

Thanks!

-icinnabonass
Welcome, you've owned some nice cars. What chassis 335i did you have?

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
Hi Sir, thank you!

E92, Space Gray 6-Speed & 3 Water Pump & Thermostat replacements hahaha.
Very nice! ?

I just passed 140k miles myself and am on my 3rd waterpump and tstat as well. Thank God for FCP Euro lifetime replacement. I'm still on the original turbos and clutch, getting 30FF every day, rear main and oil pan gasket leaking, the list goes on and on. I'm having the time of my life right now knowing everything will cost more than it's worth, but I just can't quit on her ?

First Name
Steel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 WRX, 2017 Forester 2.0XT, 2021 Toyota Supra
Hey All! Former Z32 owner looking to possibly come back home to a Z.

Current garage:

2016 Subaru WRX Premium, 2017 Subaru Forester XT 2.0T, and 2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium.

img_20210630_102313__01__01_1-jpg.jpg

Looking to add a beautiful yellow Nissan Z to the stable.