New Member Introductions

abm89

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 370Z | 2016 WRX
Hello,

I'm from the 370Z forum and primarily just looking to see what comes of the new chassis. I'm not an initial fan of the base car, but I feel like it has some aftermarket potential (my only major beef is with the exterior design, which can be fixed with body kits). The speculated price point is super competitive compared to the Supra, so I'm just watching this space.

I'm definitely not a serious buyer right now as I really don't want to give up my Z34, even if it is slow.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Hey everybody,

I've been lurking for a bit, but figured since we're in the final stretch I'd sign up and join in on the fun.

I'm a tall dude (6'6") so finding something with 2 doors, manual transmission and RWD that I fit in has been a struggle, however after seeing Byron Glover Jr. (Drive 615) fit with room to spare, I was over the moon.

This'll be my first Z, although second Nissan. I had a 89 240SX in college that, while it was short lived, was a blast to drive. Along the same lines, also had a 97 Miata with the seat bolted to the floor and a Nardi 330mm wheel w/ QR - if there's a will, there's a way - and god, I miss it. Was a long time ago, however the last year or so I've had the itch for another fun car to drive and this seems to check all the boxes.

Anyway, thanks for having me - can't wait for the next month and change + whatever is between August 17 and delivery to hurry up already!

T3CH

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Hey guys,

I will probably just be a lurker but I am very interested in buying the new Z if it comes out as advertised.

I went from an Acura RSX Type S to now having a Golf R both in 6MT.

A 400hp+ sports coupe with three pedals is extremely enticing for me and I will probably be on board for a Nismo if there is real performance gains along the lines of a "baby GTR".

Orion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Crappy Chevy
What's up people? Finally decided to make an account. I've always been a GTR and Z fan. I just want to be part of the new Z excitement. It's first on my list of cars I want to save for Summer 2022.

zwannabe

First Name
z-being
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
96 supra mk4, 2023 nissan z
hello forum, glad to have found this board, i'm a 1996 300zx lover and almost bought the 300zx but got the 96 supra instead, this time it's the z for me, the z proto looks better than the 300zx with its clean understated beauty and muscularture that the 300zx didn't have. I withdrew my 6mos old deposit for the c8 stingray convertible because of this new z, now i'm crossing fingers hoping for a color i like when it's announced.

tractng

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 RDX, 2016 Miata
Occupation
Systems Admin
Hello everyone.

Old member from my350z days. I just sold my beloved 2016 Miata (longest car owned, 5.5 years with 50k on the odometer). Used car price is insane so I had to sell it, setting myself up for the next Z or another Miata with the newer engine :).

Hopefully the new Z has a spare tire and the back doesn't come with a rear wiper. The specs should be good based on what I read.

Over the years I have had a few fun Japanese cars, almost a bought a Supra but the fact it is shared with BMW was a turned off.

1985 CRX Si
1988 300zx
2004 350z coupe
2005 350z roadster
2006 S2000
2007 S2000
2016 Miata ND

Tony

Last edited:

Metal

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mazda Rx-8
Occupation
Engineer - Telecom
Hey everyone,

Planning on reserving a new Z when they're available, wanted to get started on the forum as well. I'm coming from a 2005 Mazda RX-8 (it's still running!), and honestly I love the rotary, but it will be nice to have something that's fast by today's standards.

Looking forward to the discussions.

Subarashi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Camry, Q60 RWD
hello forum, glad to have found this board, i'm a 1996 300zx lover and almost bought the 300zx but got the 96 supra instead, this time it's the z for me, the z proto looks better than the 300zx with its clean understated beauty and muscularture that the 300zx didn't have. I withdrew my 6mos old deposit for the c8 stingray convertible because of this new z, now i'm crossing fingers hoping for a color i like when it's announced.
Let us see that supra man!

HiHello

First Name
Jazz
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Hey everyone,

I'm hoping to upgrade to the new Z once released. It'll be my first Z, but I'm a huge fan of the 240Z. It'll also be my first manual car, so I'm super excited for a more fun driving experience.

I have a Honda Civic Hatchback Sport that I bought new in 2017. It is my first car, and I was not really an auto enthusiast until after owning it. (I almost bought a Prius but decided to save money!)

My Civic is nothing fancy, but it got me into the tuning/modding community and ignited my passion for cars. After more than 4 years of ownership, I am ready for a sportier, sexier car that I can daily drive and occasionally take to the track!

See y'all around. Can't wait until the new Z arrives!

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
not sure how i missed this thread when i joined a few weeks back, but welcome everyone!

edit: after reading again we are supposed mention a few things.

im rob and live in texas near the dfw area. used to own an 04 350z. currently have 3 jdm classics and hope to add the new z...

Last edited:

Datsun280Z

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Mustang GT/CS, 1962 Triumph TR3A
Occupation
High School Teacher
I've been lurking here over the past few weeks and decided to join because I'm interested in the new Z that's coming out.

I have a 2017 Mustang GT/CS with an AT and I'm thinking about swapping it out for the new Z. My dad's '82 Datsun 280Z was a part of our family for over 20 years and I learned how to drive stick on it, so I've always had a soft spot for the earlier Z cars.

The appearances of the 300, 350, and 370 didn't do much for me, but I love the retro look of the proto! Looking forward to August 17!