New Member Introductions

Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Mazda CX-5
Hey everybody,

I've been lurking for a bit, but figured since we're in the final stretch I'd sign up and join in on the fun.

I'm a tall dude (6'6") so finding something with 2 doors, manual transmission and RWD that I fit in has been a struggle, however after seeing Byron Glover Jr. (Drive 615) fit with room to spare, I was over the moon.

This'll be my first Z, although second Nissan. I had a 89 240SX in college that, while it was short lived, was a blast to drive. Along the same lines, also had a 97 Miata with the seat bolted to the floor and a Nardi 330mm wheel w/ QR - if there's a will, there's a way - and god, I miss it. Was a long time ago, however the last year or so I've had the itch for another fun car to drive and this seems to check all the boxes.

Anyway, thanks for having me - can't wait for the next month and change + whatever is between August 17 and delivery to hurry up already!

T3CH

Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Hey guys,

I will probably just be a lurker but I am very interested in buying the new Z if it comes out as advertised.

I went from an Acura RSX Type S to now having a Golf R both in 6MT.

A 400hp+ sports coupe with three pedals is extremely enticing for me and I will probably be on board for a Nismo if there is real performance gains along the lines of a "baby GTR".

Orion

Reaction score
Car(s)
Crappy Chevy
What's up people? Finally decided to make an account. I've always been a GTR and Z fan. I just want to be part of the new Z excitement. It's first on my list of cars I want to save for Summer 2022.

zwannabe

First Name
zwannabe
Reaction score
Car(s)
96 supra mk4
Occupation
investor/trader
hello forum, glad to have found this board, i'm a 1996 300zx lover and almost bought the 300zx but got the 96 supra instead, this time it's the z for me, the z proto looks better than the 300zx with its clean understated beauty and muscularture that the 300zx didn't have. I withdrew my 6mos old deposit for the c8 stingray convertible because of this new z, now i'm crossing fingers hoping for a color i like when it's announced.

tractng

Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 RDX, 2016 Miata
Occupation
Systems Admin
Hello everyone.

Old member from my350z days. I just sold my beloved 2016 Miata (longest car owned, 5.5 years with 50k on the odometer). Used car price is insane so I had to sell it, setting myself up for the next Z or another Miata with the newer engine :).

Hopefully the new Z has a spare tire and the back doesn't come with a rear wiper. The specs should be good based on what I read.

Over the years I have had a few fun Japanese cars, almost a bought a Supra but the fact it is shared with BMW was a turned off.

1985 CRX Si
1988 300zx
2004 350z coupe
2005 350z roadster
2006 S2000
2007 S2000
2016 Miata ND

Tony

Last edited:

Metal

First Name
Mitchell
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mazda Rx-8
Occupation
Engineer - Telecom
Hey everyone,

Planning on reserving a new Z when they're available, wanted to get started on the forum as well. I'm coming from a 2005 Mazda RX-8 (it's still running!), and honestly I love the rotary, but it will be nice to have something that's fast by today's standards.

Looking forward to the discussions.

Subarashi

Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Camry, Q60 RWD
hello forum, glad to have found this board, i'm a 1996 300zx lover and almost bought the 300zx but got the 96 supra instead, this time it's the z for me, the z proto looks better than the 300zx with its clean understated beauty and muscularture that the 300zx didn't have. I withdrew my 6mos old deposit for the c8 stingray convertible because of this new z, now i'm crossing fingers hoping for a color i like when it's announced.
Let us see that supra man!