New Member Introductions

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
Great to find this place, and I'm looking forward to absorbing everything about the new car. It's my next purchase.

I've owned an '87 (white with red leather), and I currently own a '95 N/A. I'm the second owner on the '95 and it boasts original paint and interior. I added an aftermarket clone rear spoiler and a Stillen front spoiler, and replaced the Bose system with new speakers and touch screen receiver.

I was a Nissan salesman when the 300ZX came out and I knew everything about the car and it's main competitors. Back in that day, Nissan ruled the track and I got to go to Sebring to see Geoff Brabham and company race the ZX.

In the past, I drove a Toyota MR2 Spyder (3 over 14 years) and I fully restored a 1970 MGB. I autocrossed the Spyder and won the Florida State SCCA Championship in the CSP class in 2004.

20181020_104715_copy_1612x907-jpg.jpg

20201114_093932-jpg.jpg

287244-jpg.jpg

imag0180-jpg.jpg

spyder_mg-jpg.jpg
mr2b.jpg

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Hi Sir, thank you!

E92, Space Gray 6-Speed & 3 Water Pump & Thermostat replacements hahaha.
Very nice! ?

I just passed 140k miles myself and am on my 3rd waterpump and tstat as well. Thank God for FCP Euro lifetime replacement. I'm still on the original turbos and clutch, getting 30FF every day, rear main and oil pan gasket leaking, the list goes on and on. I'm having the time of my life right now knowing everything will cost more than it's worth, but I just can't quit on her ?
dont make me bring this meme in from the zupr4 thread...

download (1).jpeg

j/k - welcome @icinnabonass ? this is coming from a z4 owner (worst car ive ever owned...in the shop more than on the road)

Last edited:

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
dont make me bring this meme in from the zupr4 thread...

download (1).jpeg

j/k - welcome @icinnabonass ? this is coming from a z4 owner (worst car ive ever owned...i the shop more than on the road)
? Did you have a E85/86 or E89?

Mine has never been in the shop for anything major and has never broken down on me, but it's all the little things that wear out prematurely that add up. It blows through gaskets, eats plugs and coils regularly, and most owners report replacing the electric waterpump multiple times if owned long enough. I've probably been lucky with the fuel pumps and injectors, and that the turbos and clutch have somehow held on this long.

I actually don't like BMW's much and doubt I'll own another besides this one, but I really like their TT 6's and how effortlessly they make power. The S58 is a beast, but none of their new cars do anything for me at all and by and large I think the brand is pretty overrated.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
^ it was the roadster, so e85. at the time i was choosing between it and a porsche boxter...i chose wrong.

Last edited:

cantzme

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 Q50 RS, 16 Altima, 05 350Z, 04 Titan
Occupation
IT Fool
Hey everyone! Long time Nissan fan here, all started with a GA16 equipped B13 back when I first started driving in the early 2000s. It was manual, lowered on some wheels and had an exhaust so as a new driver (who just watched the original F&F in theaters) I was super stoked and immediately hooked. This led to owning countless other B and S chassis cars over the years with various levels of SR20 goodness. I still have boxes of brand new BKR7E plugs laying around from back then.

As far as Z's go.. the Z32 was a dream car for me but I could never have afforded one back then and I was so addicted to turbos (and the intoxicating sounds lol) that the N/A 350 and 370 never appealed to me.

My current driveway includes an 04 Titan, 09 Versa, 16 Altima, 18 Q50 Redsport (wifeymobile), and a 13 Mazdaspeed3 that can take the Q to the cleaners ?. I was planning on taking the speed to the next level when the Z was announced and immediately aborted.

A new Z?
And the VR30DDTT??
And it looks amazing???
And I can afford it????

Yep, dreams do come true. Take my money Nissan, take my money.

Anyway... looking forward to being a part of the community! :)

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Hey everyone! Long time Nissan fan here, all started with a GA16 equipped B13 back when I first started driving in the early 2000s. It was manual, lowered on some wheels and had an exhaust so as a new driver (who just watched the original F&F in theaters) I was super stoked and immediately hooked. This led to owning countless other B and S chassis cars over the years with various levels of SR20 goodness. I still have boxes of brand new BKR7E plugs laying around from back then.

As far as Z's go.. the Z32 was a dream car for me but I could never have afforded one back then and I was so addicted to turbos (and the intoxicating sounds lol) that the N/A 350 and 370 never appealed to me.

My current driveway includes an 04 Titan, 09 Versa, 16 Altima, 18 Q50 Redsport (wifeymobile), and a 13 Mazdaspeed3 that can take the Q to the cleaners ?. I was planning on taking the speed to the next level when the Z was announced and immediately aborted.

A new Z?
And the VR30DDTT??
And it looks amazing???
And I can afford it????

Yep, dreams do come true. Take my money Nissan, take my money.

Anyway... looking forward to being a part of the community! :)
welcome to the forum...

if you plan on getting the z at launch, im pretty sure nissan will take your money...all of it!

timtzotz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Type R; Subaru Crosstrek
Happy Thanksgiving Y'all!

Thanks for this forum. Current Civic Type R owner, looking for something else that fits my driving profile better. The Z may be it. I turned 60 this year, so this may be one of my last cars, good chance my last manual transmission before I am clinically dead. Here is my Z story:

When I started college at 17, there was one guy in the dorm who was older, I will guess 25. Back then, that was a whole different thing. He had work experience and needed a degree to move ahead in his industry. Good looking guy with that life-experience maturity and a swagger that got him a lot of...well, you know.

He even had a car! A silver 280Z, mid-70s. My parents were European WWII refugees and they wanted to be modern Americans. Part of that was no manual transmission in their household. I was in awe when "Mike" took me in his car. It was fast. It was Japanese. And he could sure drive that stick! My uncle had a manual, but it was three on a tree and slow. I will never forget Mike's car. Since then, I learned stick and have driven a number of fun cars, but nothing like that ergonomically perfect but minimalist interior 280Z.

Over the years, I looked at the 300 series but the style just wasn't my thing. This new Z has that retro look. I will have to test drive it but assume it will be at least as good as a 370 that I tried.

Thanks for having this forum!

LC1

First Name
Ogan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 mazda rx7, 2005 subaru legacy gt
Occupation
Nissan machinist
I've actually been here a couple months now and never really stopped here. So here goes. HELLO ALL. Like most of you here, I'm a vehicular enthusiast. Joined up to talk with other people that also waste all their hard earned money and eat ramen noodles for a living. Jokes aside, glad to be here and look forward to when this forum really blows once the Z officially launches and hits the streets. I've never been on a forum as early as this one. I've never owned a Z of any kind. I mean unless you count its fat upscale cousin the G. I did have one of those. I can say I've at least rode in one though. My good friend has a white 370z that I run with a lot. Unfortunately it's currently being rebuilt due to the crash he had at the freedom factory. It's a nice car and it's part of the reason I'm really looking forward to this new one. I'd say that about wraps this post up. Again thanks for having me.

Last edited:

Lin626

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MB
Great to find this place, and I'm looking forward to absorbing everything about the new car. It's my next purchase.

I've owned an '87 (white with red leather), and I currently own a '95 N/A. I'm the second owner on the '95 and it boasts original paint and interior. I added an aftermarket clone rear spoiler and a Stillen front spoiler, and replaced the Bose system with new speakers and touch screen receiver.

I was a Nissan salesman when the 300ZX came out and I knew everything about the car and it's main competitors. Back in that day, Nissan ruled the track and I got to go to Sebring to see Geoff Brabham and company race the ZX.

In the past, I drove a Toyota MR2 Spyder (3 over 14 years) and I fully restored a 1970 MGB. I autocrossed the Spyder and won the Florida State SCCA Championship in the CSP class in 2004.

20181020_104715_copy_1612x907-jpg.jpg

20201114_093932-jpg.jpg

287244-jpg.jpg

imag0180-jpg.jpg

spyder_mg-jpg.jpg
mr2b.jpg
Nice car collection. ?

Give A Shift

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai Veloster N
Nice to be here, very interested in the new Z, and I live about 10 minutes away from the Nissan USA HQ. I am an avid Hot Hatchback Manual Transmission car owner over the years. First car was a 1969 VW Beatle, then a 1979 Datsun 210, a 1987 Acura Integra, a MazdaSpeed 3, an Audi TT Roadster, a Mini Cooper S Convertible, a couple of VW GTI's, and currently a 2020 Hyundai Veloster N PP. All of these were with a Manual Transmission.

The new Z is MY kind of car!

Last edited:

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
Howdy all! Been lurking for a lonnnng time but figured id finally sign up. Currently eyeing the new Z as I love the looks and the throwback to my dads 240 he had when I was a kid.

jose3030

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 Acura Legend 6sp Coupe
Greetings all.

My name is Jose.
Been a fan of Nissans forever.
Was close to buying an (Infiniti) Q50 or Q60, love the VR30DDTT template for a vehicle.
Once I saw and heard that it was the powerplant for the Z, instantly emailed every dealer within 100 miles and got put on a list.
Maybe I get lucky.

I am going w/ Black Diamond Metallic. If I am lucky to be #1 on a list and get offered the PROTO, I will take it.
6 speed of course.

Hope to be an asset on here, thanks to all in advance.

Dariuz

First Name
Darius
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2003 Infiniti QX4
Occupation
Process Tech
Hi everyone,

I am a BMW guy making the switch to a Japanese car. I'm just generally a fan of cars, I am not exclusively a BMW fan. I have been interested in the new Z since late last year, though I did opt for the cheaper and probably more beginner-friendly GR86 for a little bit. I know how to work on cars, though my driving skill could use more practice. A couple months later I got a new, higher-paying job and I am now back in the market for the new Z. It all depends on the possible mark-up, however I am pretty motivated in my decision to buy the Z. I am only interested in the performance trim with a manual transmission. I am willing to go for any color other than probably the yellow. The yellow is nice, maybe I've just been turned off by almost always seeing the yellow car online lol. If it came down to it I'd be down to drive a yellow one home. Any color interior though I think the blue interior is quite interesting.

A little about me:
I have a bachelor's in chemical engineering from SJSU though I graduated in 2015. My math & science is a little rusty now in 2022, so I am currently re-studying my stuff to land my first job in engineering, and I am currently a process tech at a bioscience company. I hope to stay with the same company, though I will be applying outside the company as well.

My automotive history:
I have had 5 BMWs in my life, I'm in my early thirties, and my first two BMWs were e30s. My e30's suspension was completely overhauled with AST 4100 coilovers and polyurethane bushings etc., though I kept the engine stock. I had a z3 steering rack installed as well. It was my daily which I hoped to track occasionally though it ended up never seeing the track. An accident late at night put an end to my first e30 only a couple months after all my suspension mods were done (thankfully nobody was hurt and no property other than my car was damaged). I bought another e30 with a blown head gasket for $300 and switched all the guts of my first e30 to the second one (subframes, engine/tranny, suspension, diff, rack, etc). I was a little too busy with school so it took me about a year to swap everything over, and when I finally finished I opted to sell it.
My next BMW was a 2003 530i sport manual which I kept stock and actually took to Thunderhill raceway twice, lots of fun. Then I bought a 2001 740iL for cheap. Eventually I got an amazing deal on a orange manual '97 M3 with 80k miles with white leather vader seats back in the second half of 2015 which I drove along with the 7-series. I got the M3 for 9 grand from a used car dealership, it was quite surprising at least to me. Fast and fun, where as the e30 was just fun haha. Anyway I've also had a 2004 Honda Civic (first car, no mods), a 2005 Chevy Suburban, and a 2016 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS.
Future plans other than a new Z would be a brand new Yamaha R7, and once I land an engineering job beginning the hunt for something on the cheaper side as a project drift car (is that an oxymoron? haha). Drifting has always appealed to me and I never got into it, I gotta get it off my bucket list. Heh.

Thanks for reading. Looking forward to meeting some of you guys once we get in our new Z's. Heh.

Zaiyajin

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Mazda3 5door
Hey all. Originally just wanted to look for more info on the new Z, but found myself realizing that I think I really like these cars...to the point where I kinda wish I could restore a 240Z instead. But with lack of money, knowledge, skills and trying to start a family, pretty sure that will never come to pass lol. The new Z is pretty sweet though and it would be something to own a Z one day, but not sure if my current place in life will allow for that. The wife would want to kill me for sure.

It's been almost 30 years since, so my memory is probably a bit hazy how, but my first memory of a Z was back in high school. Someone who lived down the street from my friend owned a silver Datsun (what I believe now was a 240Z). Cars were barely starting to register for me at that time, but I remember it made me question what a Datsun was and leading me to find out the relationship between Datsun and Nissan.

Later on I was a fan of Initial D and for some reason thought Mako's Sileighty was cool as hell too lol. Was also just a big fan of the rear taillight look of the 180sx and 240sx in general.

A couple decades later, Nissan fell off the map for me and I've become a Mazda guy now, but this new Z has got me coming back for more lol.

Anyway, for now I'll just be happy with seeing new pictures of the new Z and dreaming which color I would like.