First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dont ask
Occupation
Thread derailer
tiling and glued-down wood flooring is hard on the knees. Been there done it, no thanks!!
My dad has been in the flooring business for 50+ years, since age 17. Installer for the first 20 years, owner for the last 15-20 years, and salesman in between. I've helped him on and off with jobs since I was a kid but ultimately wanted no part of that line of work. It's definitely hard work and takes a toll on your back and knees. At age 73 he could still make it look easy if he really wanted, but I don't blame him for sending someone over instead whenever I want something done. Gotta love free material and labor.
I am glad you 2 know the torture I am putting myself through. I would not be able to do this for a living, no way. I honestly wouldnt call it hard work but its very tedious, time consuming and hard on the body.

A few months ago, I starting looking into hiring someone to install it for me. Most quotes came back at $6-7k so I said no thanks. I was like, I can do this myself! It wont be bad.... Turns out, I now get why they charge so much.

BraveDemon

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Toyota Supra; 19 Audi TT-RS; 15 GLA45 AMG
Didnt even realized they switch to Honda FWD architecture for their SUV/CUV. :(
Yeah, having had it for a few days now it’s definitely a FWD bias car for sure. And honestly its build quality is kind of laughable for a Benz - it’s entry level so expected but jumping into my buddies’ fully loaded 22 GLE is like night and day.

The 4 Cylinder however is impressive for sure and that’s what drew me to it. We’ve had prior EA888 VWs before (although not R spec) and at this point in my life I want to try out different engines that I find interesting. I’m geeking out now trying to learn everything about this M133 or w/e engine is in this baby AMG.

Even the Velar my wife primarily drives now was purchased at my suggestion (last several cars of her were actually) because I’ve always loved the supercharged V6 in the Jaguar F Type. The supercharger whine is music to my ears whenever I get to drive that… wife monopolizes it. The unreliability however was unfortunately expected with a Range Rover/Jaguar and it’s been to the dealer a few times (for weeks at a time) as it’s aged now so hence why we needed another 4 door car as back up.

But that’s how it is in our house - I get to pick the cars, she gets ultimate authority over everything with the house - interior design, furniture, appliances, landscaping, where I get to have my office… which is literally in my tiny section of our walk in closet, etc.

Last edited:

LeatherWings

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA & ND Miata | Xterra | Honda 919 | Honda Grom
Ok, forget about the Honda CRF300L. Actually, it would still be nice to have for some longer-distance on/off-road excursions, but I've now got my heart set on the upcoming Surron Ultra Bee:

1670105258875.png

I won't be able to ride the Surron from LA to Big Bear like I could with the CRF300L, but I like that the Ultra Bee is smaller than a full-size MX bike and is relatively light at 187 lbs. Will be nice and easy to load onto a hitch carrier... or the bed of my Cybertuck!! And I can charge it while I'm driving!

Gonna be sold in the US as off-road, but I'm hoping it comes with the pictured lights/signals/license plate bracket, etc so that I can get it plated myself.

As soon as they open up preorders, I'm doin' it!!! Hopefully they'll get delivered in the not-too-distant future so I can post again here on the forum with my actual shiny new thing!!!

Last edited:

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
picked up a new carbon fiber gaming desk for my office/guitar practice room. pardon the mess, still in the process of moving in...

20221209_002041.jpg

20221209_001947.jpg

20221209_002120.jpg

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A couple
^I know nothing about gaming or technology for that matter, but what does a CF desk offer? Does it raise faster? What's it's 24" lifting speed? Is it appearance? If you get pissed at the game it's probably easier to flip over I suppose?

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
^I know nothing about gaming or technology for that matter, but what does a CF desk offer? Does it raise faster? What's it's 24" lifting speed? Is it appearance? If you get pissed at the game it's probably easier to flip over I suppose?
Tell me you're a ricer without telling me you're a ricer 🤣

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
i'll let you know more about its performance once the turbos and big brake kit are installed...

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Ok, forget about the Honda CRF300L. Actually, it would still be nice to have for some longer-distance on/off-road excursions, but I've now got my heart set on the upcoming Surron Ultra Bee:

1670105258875.png

I won't be able to ride the Surron from LA to Big Bear like I could with the CRF300L, but I like that the Ultra Bee is smaller than a full-size MX bike and is relatively light at 187 lbs. Will be nice and easy to load onto a hitch carrier... or the bed of my Cybertuck!! And I can charge it while I'm driving!

Gonna be sold in the US as off-road, but I'm hoping it comes with the pictured lights/signals/license plate bracket, etc so that I can get it plated myself.

As soon as they open up preorders, I'm doin' it!!! Hopefully they'll get delivered in the not-too-distant future so I can post again here on the forum with my actual shiny new thing!!!
I've been keeping an eye on these the last several years, as performance has increased and prices have come down. Is this Ultra Bee model going to be a bit larger than the Surron Light Bee?

There is also the Talaria Sting, which is a bit larger and apparently made by some guys formerly with Surron. It has a chain drive and closed gearbox among some other potential improvements.

Last edited:

LeatherWings

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA & ND Miata | Xterra | Honda 919 | Honda Grom
I've been keeping an eye on these the last several years, as performance has increased and prices have come down. Is this Ultra Bee model going to be a bit larger than the Surron Light Bee?

There is also the Talaria Sting, which is a bit larger and apparently made by some guys formerly with Surron. It has a chain drive and closed gearbox among some other potential improvements.
Yeah, the Ultra Bee is the in-between of the Light Bee and the Storm Bee - size, weight, and power-wise.

Here's a screenshot from a YouTube vid with some number breakdowns:

1670822528841.png

I'm definitely planning on getting the Ultra Bee, but I want to go test ride the Light Bee X and would consider owning both. Light Bee is more unassuming and seems like you could get away with a lot more 'urban freeride' before getting hassled by security.

I've checked out some Surron X vs Talaria Sting vids. I think I'd still prefer the Surron X, but it's nice to see some competition and more options in this new, niche e-bike/moto market.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
I don't give a fuck what anyone says. That car looks dope.