First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1972 Datsun 240Z
Occupation
Safety Engineer
Sorry you could not get the car. I thought the blue was really nice, but want to wait until I can order one so I get the exact factory options I want. I will be curious to see if any of the others on the forum who are from here in TX were able to snag it.

Orion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Crappy Chevy
I know I have given up long time ago on this car but out of curiosity I check dealerships from time to time. I haven't seen one Z here in Jersey...not one! And dealerships are still clueless. They don't even know what a Z is lol.

Thisguy298

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 GTI
I know I have given up long time ago on this car but out of curiosity I check dealerships from time to time. I haven't seen one Z here in Jersey...not one! And dealerships are still clueless. They don't even know what a Z is lol.
i've seen a total of 3. Two were ACTUAL prototypes. Other one was at my local dealer that I didn't even bother to check the price of lol

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Sorry you could not get the car. I thought the blue was really nice, but want to wait until I can order one so I get the exact factory options I want. I will be curious to see if any of the others on the forum who are from here in TX were able to snag it.
i guess it wasn't meant to be...

plan b was to hold out for a nismo anyway and wait for all the first year problems to get sorted plus hope the hype to go down so's i can pick it up at msrp

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
ive been on the phone or online since 11am non stop working on tracking down a Z today.

no real luck other than i might have found a blue performance 9AT for someone here in NC for MSRP. im going up to look at it tomorrow just because its near me but am not interested as its got to be black

Georges1

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1972 Datsun 240Z
Occupation
Safety Engineer
ive been on the phone or online since 11am non stop working on tracking down a Z today.

no real luck other than i might have found a blue performance 9AT for someone here in NC for MSRP. im going up to look at it tomorrow just because its near me but am not interested as its got to be black
Good luck. I was able to see a black AT sport at my local dealer. Looked very nice & I can see why you like that combination. since it was a sport model it took 3 days to sell. A lot of searching will be making the right call, seeing the right ad, or being at the right place at the right time. I just happened to be driving by & thought I would go in & there was the black one on the showroom floor.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It seems like it shouldn't be so hard. Best of luck!

its just a combination of them either being too far away or way over MSRP. honestly at this point if that Z that rolled off the truck at my local dealer today wasnt blue and would have been boulder gray or maybe even gunmetal( hate those dont have the black roof) I probably would have taken it. broke down and called about a gunmetal 130 miles away and they are 15K over. I think im going to stay with my gut feeling and be set on black but I was really wanting to have this car before spring.

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
its just a combination of them either being too far away or way over MSRP. honestly at this point if that Z that rolled off the truck at my local dealer today wasnt blue and would have been boulder gray or maybe even gunmetal( hate those dont have the black roof) I probably would have taken it. broke down and called about a gunmetal 130 miles away and they are 15K over. I think im going to stay with my gut feeling and be set on black but I was really wanting to have this car before spring.
As my wife always says, "I'm trying to teach myself to be patient. It's just taking too long!"

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
All I can say is, Australia’s deliveries look like they will be starting in April May, at least that’s what a heap of us have been told, and with the VIN numbers now in the system there’s something to be hopeful for.
This being the case, I can not see that the US will be far behind. I’m sure allocations will be ramping up soon. Stick to what you want otherwise you will always be disappointed (I learnt that the hard way a few cars back) and end up trading it in anyway

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
...Stick to what you want otherwise you will always be disappointed (I learnt that the hard way a few cars back) and end up trading it in anyway
I wholeheartedly agree. The Z is half transportation, half toy for me (you may have a different split). If it was all transportation and no toy, I wouldn't care what color it was. Hell, I probably wouldn't even get a Z.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Back at it again this morning. Found my perfect Z in Statesboro GA they quoted me 20k over MSRP.

Screenshot_20230223-101328.png

Found a boulder gray in TN about a 4 hour drive for 61k. Both are a no go. I really might consider boulder gray because I'm only keeping this car until I can get my hand on a NISMO which will 100% have to be black.

On my way to look at a blue Z just to meet the GM as he is going to try to help me locate an additional Z. If this blue Z is truly at MSRP and anyone wants it let me know and I will get you the contact info

XLSDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Tacoma, Honda CRZ
Occupation
Pilot
Found a black performance manual in Merced CA. They wanted 15K over, offered 5K over knowing it was doubtful they would take it. 10K over was their bottem line. I've had it with these greedy Nissan dealers, going to pull the trigger on a 2023 BMW M240i. Fantasic car for less money and at MSRP ordered to my exact specs.