Sponsored

Months of driving with Nismo Cold-Air Intake

Thefunk

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2024
Threads
40
Messages
671
Reaction score
476
Location
Long Island
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z Performance, 2018 Nissan Murano SV
I've had the CAI installed for a while now, no exhaust upgrade nor tune. I assumed the ECU would auto-tune itself for the extra air. I have noticed some carbon deposits at the exhaust tips. That means I'm running a little rich right? Other than putting the stock air boxes back, is there anything I can do to correct the richness?
 

rocksandblues

Well-Known Member
First Name
bob
Joined
May 12, 2022
Threads
6
Messages
414
Reaction score
878
Location
VA
Car(s)
GL450, m3, e90, GLC300, Zupra, C280
Occupation
taco bell
CAI is just for noises. Does not really help much.
If you are stomping it occasionally (fine) the combustion and or a little oil may sneak by. Not to worry unless it is abnormally sooty.
post pic
 
OP
OP
Thefunk

Thefunk

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2024
Threads
40
Messages
671
Reaction score
476
Location
Long Island
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z Performance, 2018 Nissan Murano SV
PXL_20240821_160627508.jpg


Both sides look this pretty much. I also installed a oil catch can from Z1.
 

ZillaZ

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 16, 2024
Threads
18
Messages
688
Reaction score
1,097
Location
USA
Car(s)
2024 Z Performance
My performance has zero mod's and looks similar. Maybe not as bad I guess.
Got just over 2k miles on it. Both tips look just about the same.

Exhaust2.webp
 

Zenogias

Well-Known Member
First Name
Danial
Joined
Feb 24, 2024
Threads
5
Messages
69
Reaction score
80
Location
Seattle
Car(s)
2023 Z
Occupation
Video Game Developer
Mine has no mods and looks the exact same.

It comes off pretty easy when I hand wash, but always comes back.
 
OP
OP
Thefunk

Thefunk

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2024
Threads
40
Messages
671
Reaction score
476
Location
Long Island
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z Performance, 2018 Nissan Murano SV
No mods yet and mine is the same!
I read somewhere that the oil catch can could mitigate soot buildup at the tips, but I installed it after the soot was already there. I washed my car over a week ago and also cleaned the exhaust tips. It usually takes about a week or two for the build-up to return. So far no soot even with some hard pulls. I'll keep everyone posted.
 

VR30Infection

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2024
Threads
0
Messages
518
Reaction score
503
Location
California
Car(s)
24'Z Performance, 67' Barracuda
Funny, I just had the alert pop up that I was quoted while I am building a shopping cart at Z1 with the catch can! LOL The only thing holding me back is that I want to be sure that the PCV is the only crank vent in the intake lines sucking blow by...

Keep in mind that the main reason for the catch can is to stop build up on the intake valves. If it happens to reduce anything on the exhaust tips then that would be an added bonus.
 

KrackaC8

Well-Known Member
First Name
Christopher
Joined
Nov 23, 2025
Threads
9
Messages
1,313
Reaction score
1,922
Location
Sioux City, IA
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance, 2024 Grand Cherokee, 2023 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Commodities
I am fully stock in my 24 Nismo and I also have some black on both my tips! All normal to me!
Perfectly normal for modern direct injection engines.
 
 






Top