MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
in other news there are still many behind the scenes things Im really hoping come through that could change this timeline....

but one way or another hopefully I will have a NISMO before the end of the year.

Untitledgggggg.jpg

Future6spZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ocean blue JLU
in other news there are still many behind the scenes things Im really hoping come through that could change this timeline....

but one way or another hopefully I will have a NISMO before the end of the year.

Untitledgggggg.jpg
If possible, and if i didn't miss it, what is MSRP on the nismo?

OP
OP
MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If possible, and if i didn't miss it, what is MSRP on the nismo?

should be announced Tuesday Aug 1 along with the car itself but JDM MSRP is already out and its like 65-66K depending on what day you convert the YEN so I would expect mid 60's for US

OP
OP
MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Still holding at a September production

MSRP should be out first few days of next month

as I said earlier floor mat/cargo package and illuminated kick plates are required by nissan on all new orders. so between than and destination($1085) there is an extra 2K from whatever the base MSRP will be. Black Diamond is the only NISMO color that doesnt have a extra paint color charge so black is the cheapest configuration

after seeing the JDM and AUS pricing im thinking this Z will be like 64,990. lets see how far off I am

Screenshot 2023-08-11 121813.png

Last edited:

NissanFreak2021

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti G37
Occupation
Accountant
Still holding at a September production

MSRP should be out first few days of next month

as I said earlier floor mat/cargo package and illuminated kick plates are required by nissan on all new orders. so between than and destination($1085) there is an extra 2K from whatever the base MSRP will be. Black Diamond is the only NISMO color that doesnt have a extra paint color charge so black is the cheapest configuration

after seeing the JDM and AUS pricing im thinking this Z will be like 64,990. lets see how far off I am

Screenshot 2023-08-11 121813.png
Are you planning on trading you current Z for this Nismo or sale private?

OP
OP
MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Are you planning on trading you current Z for this Nismo or sale private?

this dealer is pretty far from me but wants my Z as a trade. the logistics are going to take some working out but I think easiest would be to trade. Im open to private sell if that is easier for everyone involved. But after going through what I did on my 2023 there is no way im selling it before my NISMO arrives at the dealer.

however I go about it Im just looking to pretty much walk away from my current Z clean which is doable I think

OP
OP
MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
my ordered Nismo is showing a November dealer ETA but still no VIN#. I'm lucky enough to have a general sales manager I'm work with who is a car guy and updates me every week on the status

I mentioned this in the pricing thread but in a weird coincidence there is a dealer here in NC that is getting a black Z NISMO as early as next week. they are only a few hours away but are asking 10K over MSRP so just under 78K. It sucks the exact car im desperately wanting will be just down the road no shipping. im just not touching dealer mark up when ive got one locked at MSRP just out of state and a good distance away.

They have been calling me back and went down to 8K over. then finally asked how much over would I be willing to pay. I said $0. but then I said look, I realize im going to have to pay like $1300 to get my ordered NISMO shipped but I wont even pay that as mark up.... but if you wanted to give me $1300 less on my trade I would consider it. they said no

thats another thing they tried to tell me there might not me much interest on my used Z because most Z buyers only want a new one and that I wanted too much on trade in.

I told them it doesnt even have 2K miles on it and its immaculate condition. most people cant even get Zs. So even if they came down on price I think they would be to low ball on trade.

I told them I would take $51K for it on trade since my car brand new now costs 54,400 and people mark them up over that. I told them to go look up auction prices for reference and you will see what I'm wanting is very fair

Last edited:

Hubert

Hubert
First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
If my dealer marks it up, 10K or more, I will pass. My ceiling is 5k over MSRP.

OP
OP
MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If my dealer marks it up, 10K or more, I will pass. My ceiling is 5k over MSRP.

I'm going to guess they won't have that many bites at 10k I mean that is expensive. You got to be a hardcore NISMO guy have the funds and choose it over many many competitors. If they get 78k plus tax and financing power to them but that's low 80k.

I'm sure I will get a call back from them.

Last edited:

NissanFreak2021

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti G37
Occupation
Accountant
I can wait them out to get my Nismo. Might be 1 year, might be 2, either way I'm never paying over msrp for any vehicle.

OP
OP
MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I can wait them out to get my Nismo. Might be 1 year, might be 2, either way I'm never paying over msrp for any vehicle.

I agree hold firm

I only paid over one time and still have hard feelings about it. It wasnt even my car. back in 2021 during Covid my wife wanted a 2022 pathfinder so bad and was trading up on her rogue. they got her exact one in and the sales manager said he would take care of me on it. I get up there and he isnt there he is on vacation . they said 2K over or its gone by the end of the day ( this was back when there really wasnt any inventory) it was the week of me and my wifes 20 year anniversary so I ended up paying it after feeling like I was going to end up having a fist fight with the sales guy out in the parking lot. she got like 1.9% for 6 years which kind of evened it all out I guess now it would be probably 8%. but yeah im just not paying over on this NISMO. the MSRP is already questionable value over a 53K performance as is

NissanFreak2021

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti G37
Occupation
Accountant
I agree hold firm

I only paid over one time and still have hard feelings about it. It wasnt even my car. back in 2021 during Covid my wife wanted a 2022 pathfinder so bad and was trading up on her rogue. they got her exact one in and the sales manager said he would take care of me on it. I get up there and he isnt there he is on vacation . they said 2K over or its gone by the end of the day ( this was back when there really wasnt any inventory) it was the week of me and my wifes 20 year anniversary so I ended up paying it after feeling like I was going to end up having a fist fight with the sales guy out in the parking lot. she got like 1.9% for 6 years which kind of evened it all out I guess now it would be probably 8%. but yeah im just not paying over on this NISMO. the MSRP is already questionable value over a 53K performance as is
Being your anniversary and for the wife, you made the right call there 😂. That was an extraordinary circumstance.

Tyler Z

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1986 300ZX, 1990 300ZX TT, 2023 Nissan Z
Occupation
Car Dealer
my ordered Nismo is showing a November dealer ETA but still no VIN#. I'm lucky enough to have a general sales manager I'm work with who is a car guy and updates me every week on the status

I mentioned this in the pricing thread but in a weird coincidence there is a dealer here in NC that is getting a black Z NISMO as early as next week. they are only a few hours away but are asking 10K over MSRP so just under 78K. It sucks the exact car im desperately wanting will be just down the road no shipping. im just not touching dealer mark up when ive got one locked at MSRP just out of state and a good distance away.

They have been calling me back and went down to 8K over. then finally asked how much over would I be willing to pay. I said $0. but then I said look, I realize im going to have to pay like $1300 to get my ordered NISMO shipped but I wont even pay that as mark up.... but if you wanted to give me $1300 less on my trade I would consider it. they said no

thats another thing they tried to tell me there might not me much interest on my used Z because most Z buyers only want a new one and that I wanted too much on trade in.

I told them it doesnt even have 2K miles on it and its immaculate condition. most people cant even get Zs. So even if they came down on price I think they would be to low ball on trade.

I told them I would take $51K for it on trade since my car brand new now costs 54,400 and people mark them up over that. I told them to go look up auction prices for reference and you will see what I'm wanting is very fair
I own 2 Nissan dealers in Canada… I am not allowed to export them, but we do not sell for 1 penny more than retail ever, it is a pretty short term view to do that to your customers. However, that being said…. I don’t think I would settle for less on your trade… today there was a 2023 Z performance with 2200 miles sell on bring a trailer for $54500… there is definitely demand for these cars!

bruce_c

First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z 2015 wrx 1967 gto 1928 pontiac
I just got my mats today as well- for me it was only a month

Status
Not open for further replies.