First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Just came back from dealership whom I've had good relationship with, mostly thru the service dept. Anyway, asked about the Z availability. Of course they knew about the Aug 17 reveal at NYC but whether they're blowing smoke or not, the sales manager said online ordering will be avail right after that date, conflicts with what we've been hearing about the Nov 15 date. Who knows if any truth in this?

JohnnyZ

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti qx50
Occupation
Union sheet metal worker
Reveal date - Tuesday, August 17, 2021 - New York City (and it'll be online as well).

We CANNOT wait!

Does this mean it will be available to purchase in dealerships on Aug17th? Or is this just dangling a carrot again?

Philosophy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
Does this mean it will be available to purchase in dealerships on Aug17th? Or is this just dangling a carrot again?
From what I've gathered about the industry and from what's been said here I would expect first and foremost a reveal on the 17th of the production model and specs. If we are lucky and everything lines up we might also get dates of availability and probably least likely we could see a firm price (with things like inflation and wildly varying logistic costs- it's almost impossible for them to set a price far out- I imagine).

I think them being available to purchase at dealerships the same day that they are revealed is a complete fantasy, so I wouldn't set your hopes on it.

Screen Shot 2022-04-18 at 12.24.47 PM.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnnyZ

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti qx50
Occupation
Union sheet metal worker
From what I've gathered about the industry and from what's been said here I would expect first and foremost a reveal on the 17th of the production model and specs. If we are lucky and everything lines up we might also get dates of availability and probably least likely we could see a firm price (with things like inflation and wildly varying logistic costs- it's almost impossible for them to set a price far out- I imagine).

I think them being available to purchase at dealerships the same day that they are revealed is a complete fantasy, so I wouldn't set your hopes on it.
I thought so!

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20

Dan has already stated that they hope to have specs, release date and price on release ( but has not promised any of them citing logistically it’s not always straight forward) in a previous post….but like you I don’t believe the car will be available.
I’m hoping for a Feb/March cars in dealer timeline, and given that dealerships ( in Aus anyway) have been told what their allocations are) I would think at least first half of the year …but it may also be wishful thinking
Not long to go before we know though….every day that goes by is one day closer

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
Dan has already stated that they hope to have specs, release date and price on release ( but has not promised any of them citing logistically it’s not always straight forward) in a previous post….but like you I don’t believe the car will be available.
I’m hoping for a Feb/March cars in dealer timeline, and given that dealerships ( in Aus anyway) have been told what their allocations are) I would think at least first half of the year …but it may also be wishful thinking
Not long to go before we know though….every day that goes by is one day closer
Feb/Mar is what I've heard originally.

BobDigi5060

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
10r80 5.0, G37X, C4 LT1
I just want to know the curb weight and power level. Final drive number too (even though I would likely get a shorter ratio). You would hope Nissan would put a tune on the base vr30 to put the power to or the above 370Z level.

It's either a Supra, Z, C8, or 86 for me. A lot depends on if the 21+ Supra ecu is able to be unlocked and if the 2nd and 3rd year C8s are still POSs.

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
I hope we get to see more colors/options compared to the pre-production leaked Silver/White/Dark Grey we've seen.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
We're about 2 weeks away from the big day and still no teaser from Nissan. Toyota cock teased us for a whole month before taking the covers off of the Zupra.