Sponsored

Looking for informed opinions on exhaust choice for MT Z

Cdgreencd87

Member
First Name
Chris
Joined
Jul 13, 2024
Threads
0
Messages
17
Reaction score
12
Location
Florida
Car(s)
Nissan Z
I also did the MBRP and Boosted LDP straight. Sound is so much more. Have Sport MT. Huge difference. Also did the Boosted CAI and both wake the car up from a sound perspective. The sport huge muffler was terrible and those baby pipes to 3in was funny to look at side by side.

I moved from FL to TX and haven't had to do an inspection yet. I have not tuned yet, no codes. Plenty of shops in the Dallas area to help me get that done though. Next step after buying a house for sure!
 

trackratZ

Well-Known Member
First Name
August
Joined
Mar 23, 2021
Threads
101
Messages
2,814
Reaction score
5,409
Location
So CA
Car(s)
25 Z Perf 6MT, Cayman S (track), MX5 Club (autox)
Occupation
Software security
To the OP, sure sound quality, drone or not, is always the first thing people look for, including you. But not just sound, need to check out fitment, piping and weld quality, heck since you'll be keeping it for miles. Also the debate of 3" vs 2.5" goes on forever. It all depends if you intend on adding lots more power, i.e. less back pressure. Then there is ground clearance. Lots of postings on issues on exhaust installs and gotchas. Got to look for those, not just sound clips, then decide on which sound is best for ya. Good luck.
 

KrackaC8

Well-Known Member
First Name
Christopher
Joined
Nov 23, 2025
Threads
9
Messages
1,304
Reaction score
1,909
Location
Sioux City, IA
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance, 2024 Grand Cherokee, 2023 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Commodities
looks like alot of work,almost impossible without a lift.
It's really not that bad. I did mine by backing up on ramps working alone and got it done without issue.
 

Osage

Well-Known Member
First Name
Wade
Joined
Aug 1, 2026
Threads
10
Messages
66
Reaction score
95
Location
Austin
Car(s)
2027 Z Nismo MT, 2026 Pathfinder Rock Creek
To the OP, sure sound quality, drone or not, is always the first thing people look for, including you. But not just sound, need to check out fitment, piping and weld quality, heck since you'll be keeping it for miles. Also the debate of 3" vs 2.5" goes on forever. It all depends if you intend on adding lots more power, i.e. less back pressure. Then there is ground clearance. Lots of postings on issues on exhaust installs and gotchas. Got to look for those, not just sound clips, then decide on which sound is best for ya. Good luck.
Well said. If you are keeping it at 500hp or under, the 2.5” is more than sufficient. The Magnaflow Speq system sounds incredible, and I’ll bet the pics posted once the front end repairs are done (see my build post). It’s not clear if it is a 2.5” or 3” system as the website has conflicting information.
 

KrackaC8

Well-Known Member
First Name
Christopher
Joined
Nov 23, 2025
Threads
9
Messages
1,304
Reaction score
1,909
Location
Sioux City, IA
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance, 2024 Grand Cherokee, 2023 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Commodities
Well said. If you are keeping it at 500hp or under, the 2.5” is more than sufficient. The Magnaflow Speq system sounds incredible, and I’ll bet the pics posted once the front end repairs are done (see my build post). It’s not clear if it is a 2.5” or 3” system as the website has conflicting information.
It tapers up from 2.5" to 3.0", which is ideal.

I semi-regret the AWE as the fitment is questionable and wish I would have done Magnaflow. Magnaflow fitment on the EvoX, Wrangler, and C8 (which I've all personally installed) is spot on.
 

Osage

Well-Known Member
First Name
Wade
Joined
Aug 1, 2026
Threads
10
Messages
66
Reaction score
95
Location
Austin
Car(s)
2027 Z Nismo MT, 2026 Pathfinder Rock Creek
It tapers up from 2.5" to 3.0"

I semi-regret the AWE as the fitment is questionable and wish I would have done Magnaflow. Magnaflow fitment on the EvoX, Wrangler, and C8 (which I've all personally installed) is spot on.
I will say that the system looks amazing from the rear as well. Very complimentary to the aesthetic. Not my ride depicted but you get the idea.

IMG_5813.webp
 
 






Top