Is the BOSE sound system real in the Z?

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
Occupation
Sales Advisor
Had an Audi RS3 in 2018 which supposedly had a B&O sound system but it was below average, after reading on the forums, seems like it is just badged as B&O but sounds nothing like a real B&O sound system. Then recently got a Mustang Mach 1 which also had a B&O sound system that sounds horrible in terms of quality.

How about the Z? is it a real BOSE sound system or also mediocre?

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
Its not great but im not huge on stereo stuff. Most of the time mine is at 5 volume lol.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Had an Audi RS3 in 2018 which supposedly had a B&O sound system but it was below average, after reading on the forums, seems like it is just badged as B&O but sounds nothing like a real B&O sound system. Then recently got a Mustang Mach 1 which also had a B&O sound system that sounds horrible in terms of quality.

How about the Z? is it a real BOSE sound system or also mediocre?
Yes, Nissan uses "real Bose". I had a 2016 GTI that had the "Fender" stereo in it (also offered on some Nissans) and the speakers were stamped "Panasonic" with the same part numbers as when the stereo was branded "Monsoon" prior to 2015MY.

I have a Q60, which has "Bose". Every speaker and amp is labeled "Bose", and the doors have 8" Bose woofers that use an inverted neodymium magnet, which is really unique. We also have an older Acura TL, and it has Bose, the woofer in the rear deck looked almost exactly the same as the Q60 door woofers.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1663485817...32Nlad7lJBJeWwFBosi0CxcA==|tkp:Bk9SR4SnkvTbYg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3550509815...M6hO9pfi50BymwNewn9k7sbg==|tkp:Bk9SR-a-j_TbYg

Now I don't know if you presume "Bose"=good sound?

As a home audio enthusiast myself, I can tell you the "Bose" sound is somewhat neutral and restrained. I have Bose 201's at home, and the sound from them is similar to the Bose in my Q60. I felt the "Fender" system in my GTI was more "fun" and energetic sounding. I did add 2 10" subwoofers to my Q60 but left all of the Bose stuff alone, and it definitely sounds decent. I am a basshead, and the Bose can keep up with 2 10" subs. Because Bose sound is neutral, it can play pretty much any style of music without clashing.

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
Yes, Nissan uses "real Bose". I had a 2016 GTI that had the "Fender" stereo in it (also offered on some Nissans) and the speakers were stamped "Panasonic" with the same part numbers as when the stereo was branded "Monsoon" prior to 2015MY.

I have a Q60, which has "Bose". Every speaker and amp is labeled "Bose", and the doors have 8" Bose woofers that use an inverted neodymium magnet, which is really unique. We also have an older Acura TL, and it has Bose, the woofer in the rear deck looked almost exactly the same as the Q60 door woofers.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1663485817...32Nlad7lJBJeWwFBosi0CxcA==|tkp:Bk9SR4SnkvTbYg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3550509815...M6hO9pfi50BymwNewn9k7sbg==|tkp:Bk9SR-a-j_TbYg

As a home audio enthusiast myself, I can tell you the "Bose" sound is somewhat neutral and restrained. I have Bose 201's at home, and the sound from them is similar to the Bose in my Q60. I felt the "Fender" system in my GTI was more "fun" and energetic sounding. I did add 2 10" subwoofers to my Q60 but left all of the Bose stuff alone, and it definitely sounds decent. I am a basshead, and the Bose can keep up with 2 10" subs. Because Bose sound is neutral, it can play pretty much any style of music without clashing.
That's good to hear. Definitely something I want to do. I don't want to mess with amping new door speakers and changing everything out right away. I may add a better sub or two for a little extra oomph. I put subs in all my vehicles. If the stock bose can keep up with some added subs, play reasonably loud and not get washed out or sound like trash, I'll keep it and just add the grunt to the bottom end

OP
OP
Spartan

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
Occupation
Sales Advisor

https://www.ebay.com/itm/166348581763?epid=1611148317&hash=item26bb25eb83:g:B6AAAOSw1SNlEc9f&amdata=enc:AQAIAAAAwG0k99LSL3SzhLq/J3ISwPDzRzuqUe9ofqDmzJcN12FqDkznA6B6Ufcbq1jVGexjrse0nIhhF5+3Qm5gFHxhaMBzZWyOU1afx+/zBV13i+6zyFTsqdpUJBlPvmMVxSfbNizgnIBCFI++vKIrRLAI3wvPrvwwABzvRRblOXxKdbEDj/X4BCYLKyHS7IzuSp/zDu1opYM/NA6b68mTrn78ukfGyhtR9PROCX0AQq2/kn32Nlad7lJBJeWwFBosi0CxcA==|tkp:Bk9SR4SnkvTbYg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/355050981526?hash=item52aab00896:g:uS0AAOSwmbhlDPyh&amdata=enc:AQAIAAAAwCTs2gFDnAecdnR7KceipGrmexuO98PB0wwD5QWaWe/uRZOKJs1+G3imRb3mIk8W138ZrJRvYd2y8y4J7udYGmKh3kWSwgqWiKejC8dK9Crs18yd/A9mJI44169eAH9T//bzNDBFgkS8mra7O6gfk1qKiur6X2DJMO4fo0wYsiPUH5jAdogd8PhwmjPD3x3WHrc2IqYPczHt6bJ3+aTgj/jU4E3eFoEmT0KkHIDhW3M6hO9pfi50BymwNewn9k7sbg==|tkp:Bk9SR-a-j_TbYg

Right, I'll see how it is then when I get my car soon. I hope that it's better than the crappy B&O in the Mustang Mach 1

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
Biggest let down is the sub. 4" driver, and it's absolute garbage.

I've talked about it pretty extensively in this forum, and also shown what I've done to fix it (spoiler alert: replaced the sub, installed road kill throughout the boot). Difference is night and day.

OP
OP
Spartan

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
Occupation
Sales Advisor

I've talked about it pretty extensively in this forum, and also shown what I've done to fix it (spoiler alert: replaced the sub, installed road kill throughout the boot). Difference is night and day.
Nothing sounds worse than the sub in the Mustang Mach 1

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60

That's a bummer to hear. My GTI had a little 6.5" sub in a fancy enclosure that fit inside the spare tire under the hatch floor. That little woofer got after it, I never felt the itch to modify that stereo system. It sounded like a healthy 8".
4" woofer sounds exactly like something Bose would do!

Fortunately for me, if I can ever get my Z, I already committed myself to building a custom sub enclosure.

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
That's a bummer to hear. My GTI had a little 6.5" sub in a fancy enclosure that fit inside the spare tire under the hatch floor. That little woofer got after it, I never felt the itch to modify that stereo system. It sounded like a healthy 8".
4" woofer sounds exactly like something Bose would do!

Fortunately for me, if I can ever get my Z, I already committed myself to building a custom sub enclosure.
It would look great if you put an enclosure on display - especially up through where the spare would usually sit.
As it stands, the 10" replacement sub I fitted is more than beefy enough for a car this size. It changed the whole dynamic of the sound. I was going to replace the front stage, but haven't found the need since doing the sub. (don't get me wrong it could be better, but bang-for-buck it's pretty spot on now)

Mr&Mrs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
RZ34
I found the Bose system in my 09 370z to be far better then the one in this new Z. Id be surprised to find out they were of the same build quality. I even had my ASE turned off. This thing has zero kick. I'm not into music enough to spend time or money on making it better though so it will have to do.

Supremekai

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z
I found the Bose system in my 09 370z to be far better then the one in this new Z. Id be surprised to find out they were of the same build quality. I even had my ASE turned off. This thing has zero kick. I'm not into music enough to spend time or money on making it better though so it will have to do.
Someone on here said the Bose sounded better after putting in the spare tire in the Z, so that might have something to do with it.

Mr&Mrs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
RZ34
Someone on here said the Bose sounded better after putting in the spare tire in the Z, so that might have something to do with it.
I have not even looked. Are you saying the car doesn't come with a spare? The sub is just loosely fit back there right now?