Is that front grille growing on you yet?

Is that front grille growing on you yet?

• Total voters

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
Haven't yet seen one in person, but from the photos that petrol flap on the new Z looks ridiculously over-large. :(

G37

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
G37S Coupe 6MT, Q50S Hybrid, MDX
Occupation
Self
While I slowly “got used to” the Z’s “gaping maw”, once Nissan showed off the Fairlady Z’s front fascia, the current “gaping maw” instantly looked like a turd sandwich by comparison. The simple modification of a split grille turned the Z’s awkward front fascia into one of the nicest looking cars on the road that needed no apologies or qualifications. That Nissan has this “ace” up its sleeve but doesn’t choose to use it is maddening. Given Nissan’s tire choice (Bridgestones), which has in no small part caused the Z to lose every comparison test it faces, how can anyone be surprised Nissan doesn’t do right by this car?

Given the limited budget Nissan had to bring us the Z, I should be grateful it exists at all. That said, Michelin UHP rubber would improve the Z’s standing in every single performance metric and would’ve added only a few hundred dollars to the MSRP, where now any buyer would have to spend about $1500 to do the same. Piss-poor decision on Nissan’s part. The expression, “Penny wise, pound foolish”, comes to mind when I think of the Bridgestone issue.

This is my first post on this board but will not be my last. For the record, I’m highly opinionated (obviously) and have owned two 280ZX cars in the past - back in the 80’s while a student. My current “Z” is a G37S Coupe 6MT - a 370Z twin under the skin - though I will likely trade it in on a new Z when one of two things happen: they offer us a third trim of a Sport + LSD + larger brakes for $46K OR a Nismo drops at an MSRP of $60K or less. I’ve gotta believe Nissan will get tired of the Z getting trounced at every comparo and they’ll offer the better rubber as part of a mid-cycle-refresh (along with the split grille). I’m willing to wait for at least two years for Nissan to wise up and make these low-cost but vital changes. Time will tell.
9D37E1E8-BBAD-4874-B335-D1FCD7D067BA.jpeg

Supremekai

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z
Also the top corners are more rounded.

If the grill looked like the Lancer Evo, would look better I think.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
NOPE and NOPE leave it the way it is, nothing like it, it's signature and heritage, man. Plus from any other angle besides direct front is nicely aggro already. And makes other renders tame looking.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dont ask
Occupation
Thread derailer
My problem with the grille is that its different top and bottom. But at the same time, I cant say it would look any better if it was all the same. Then it would just look huge.

V35

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
G35
Agree too much chrome is no bueno