Is that front grille growing on you yet?

Is that front grille growing on you yet?

• Total voters

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Idk id imagine the majority of people on here arent too young and know KR. Unless kids these days can afford mid 40k cars haha. Perhaps I was doing something wrong growing up ?.
Only if Mommy and Daddy foot the bill.

God, now y'all are giving me memories of kids at my high school getting brand new EVO VIII's and STi's (which they treated like hot garbage, of course) while I was scooting around in my Ford Focus. Then again, I bought mine through working my ass off and now that I stop to think about it, fast forward many years and I'm doing much better than they are. Sucks to suck!

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Idk id imagine the majority of people on here arent too young and know KR. Unless kids these days can afford mid 40k cars haha. Perhaps I was doing something wrong growing up ?.
Youā€™d be surprisedā€¦my 15 year old son is right into fashion. On the Boxing Day sales he was desperate to go to a ā€œlimited editionā€ shop.
imagine his dad and iā€˜s horror when he bought a T.Shirt for $250 ā€¦a TShirt!!! I almost died.
But what was worse was there was line of kids just like him out the door and around the block and they werenā€™t buying Tshirts they were buying $2000 shoes, jackets etc ā€¦15 year olds
Problem with kids these days is they live day to day, make the money spend the money

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
Only the original 80's series matters! (theme song playing in my head)
That's true. The rest are definitely garbage. Then again sequels, prequels, remakes, and reboots usually are much worse than the original.

For some reason it's never occurred to me that one day I would encounter a Knight Rider nerd..... :D
I like Knight Rider (I have the DVD box set of the original show), although it went downhill fast towards the end, but I'm more a "TV nerd" in general, especially shows around that era of TV ... great shows like The A-Team, Six Million Dollar Man, A.L.F, The Smurfs, Battlestar Galactica (again the original, not the silly sequel or awful reboot), ...

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
I thought the Z32 was super cool looking when it came out. I was a teenager back then.
The earlier 240Z and 280Z are much much better looking. I have always thought the 300ZX was fat and ugly ... far too many McDonald's burgers! ;)

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
Youā€™d be surprisedā€¦my 15 year old son is right into fashion. On the Boxing Day sales he was desperate to go to a ā€œlimited editionā€ shop.
imagine his dad and iā€˜s horror when he bought a T.Shirt for $250 ā€¦a TShirt!!! I almost died.
But what was worse was there was line of kids just like him out the door and around the block and they werenā€™t buying Tshirts they were buying $2000 shoes, jackets etc ā€¦15 year olds
Problem with kids these days is they live day to day, make the money spend the money
$2,000 shoes... now I know I'm getting old ?

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
We're spending our own hard-earned money ... those kids are probably spending mum and dad's hard-earned money. Another part of the problem is all these silly "buy now, pay later" schemes that have sprung up in recent years. Kids are too naive to realise you do actually have to pay it back, and in the cases of credit card it can be at an extortionate interest rate.

Tell me about itā€¦I get the knock offs from Kmart whilst these kids parade around like lord muck
Yep, me too, Kmart and other similar stores. Shoes are shoes, the expensive ones don't usually last any longer than the cheaper ones - the eyelets always rip through, the soles split (especially if you drive), the innersoles peal away, etc.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
We're spending our own hard-earned money ... those kids are probably spending mum and dad's hard-earned money. Another part of the problem is all these silly "buy now, pay later" schemes that have sprung up in recent years. Kids are too naive to realise you do actually have to pay it back, and in the cases of credit card it can be at an extortionate interest rate.

Yep, me too, Kmart and other similar stores. Shoes are shoes, the expensive ones don't usually last any longer than the cheaper ones - the eyelets always rip through, the soles split (especially if you drive), the innersoles peal away, etc.
Well for my son, he most certainly is not spending my moneyā€¦I wouldnā€™t pay for it, he works for itā€¦although we dint charge him rent yet because he is still at school,

Yasha

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Pending 2023 Z
Occupation
Software Engineer
It's not a problem with kids, it's a problem of mass consumerism and marketing that plays on their psychology. Constant exposure to cheap, instant gratification desensitizes the mind and makes delayed gratification difficult. Additionally, our monkey desire to fit in with the tribe hasn't caught up with the level of exposure people now have to others' lives (or a facade of their lives). They mistake status and vanity for happiness. Thankfully, as they grow they will learn otherwise.

A key difference between us and teenagers is that most of them lack a level of self-awareness that allows them to track and resist the subconscious behaviors that re-enforce a shitty reward system. It takes time and experience. I'm in my mid-late 20s and I still don't have full control, very few people actually do. Those people are epic, though.

Totally not off topic btw ?

Last edited:

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
Which one, the Z31 or Z32?
Sorry, I should have specified, but I thought it was obvious since I was replying to a previous post about the Z32. The Z31 looks basically the same as the earlier 240X and 280X ... then they changed it the the butt-ugly one.

I would be saltier than the winter pavement if I couldn't turn that off ?
You could always replace the plastic disc with one from a toy ... maybe from the old talking KITT toy. ;)