Is $40k a good price for a 400hp Z?

Do you think Nissan priced the Z accordingly?

• Total voters

Captain Drew

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Subaru WRX
I think we should wait for the full reveal before deciding. I want to hear more details, specifically if there have been upgrades to chassis, suspension, interior, etc other than what we've seen on the proto.

GNOAK

First Name
Gonz
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma and 2003 Mazda B2300
I wanted the 35k price tag given how the 86 stayed in the same ballpark as previous gen, but even at 40k, it's a better deal that the Zupra 乁( ā€¢_ā€¢ )意

GNOAK

First Name
Gonz
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma and 2003 Mazda B2300
Will definitely wait 2-3 years to buy as it'll give me time to save for a larger down payment y'know.

Treefitty

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
335i
I was hoping it would be < $40k especially considering that most of the car already exists within Nissans parts supply so development costs would be very low. But I didnā€™t think $35k was realistic but maybe $37 or $38k. Also, manufacturers tend to incrementally increase prices from the previous gen. The last 370z base was around $30k so a $5k base price increase is a lot. So a $10k base price increase is astronomical. I wonder if they increased the expected price due to the covid inflation and thatā€™s why they held it so close to their chest. So at $40k my expectations go up a lot. I am expecting to get a sport trim for $45k with 6/4 piston fixed brembo brakes, 2 piece rotors, a refined and smooth shifting short throw trans with upgraded synchros, tuned shocks, springs, and away bars, eLSD, cooling for diff, trans, engine, brakes, and ability to monitor all of that. This is a car I should be able to take on the track and not have to mod to make up for shortcomings with that price. But for perspective, the 300zx twin turbo cost $37k in 1993 which is around $70k today. Compared to that...the performance value is very good.

Octane

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW M4
The performance version + some options + tax, guessing the car will be $50-55k OTD.

I'm hoping for a really good driving car, with high quality materials to match.

H2O_Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Supra MkV, 370Z 6MT
Occupation
Frigginā€™ Scientist
This is my question ^

What price will we actually get for what we want to own? I thought the Supra was overpriced at $56k, but at $49k, I was a buyer (and no regrets). I was hoping to get a Z for $43-44k, but I might have to plan on spending more.

I did find the esthetics more appealing in what was revealed tonight. I think itā€™s a good looking car. Of course, I think the Supra is also good looking, so thereā€™s that.

Zboy

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z32
I'm not sure where he got his info from but he said starting at $38k.

GOTTHEFUZZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Kia K5, 2021Kia forte GT, 2012 Mustang 5.0
Occupation
CNC machinist in the military Aerospace industry
I'm just still in awe that you're paying 40k for a car with the majority of it's underpinnings (although good) and it STILL doesn't have an LSD standard.

It's crazy out here man.

BobDigi5060

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
10r80 5.0, G37X, C4 LT1
I'm just still in awe that you're paying 40k for a car with the majority of it's underpinnings (although good) and it STILL doesn't have an LSD standard.

It's crazy out here man.
Base Caymans (and possibly still 911s) come with open diffs too.

The deal breaker for me is going to be weight. I don't like the price increase and may buy something else if the weight is over 3500lbs.