Sponsored

Intake valve maintenance?

sherlla

Member
First Name
sherlla
Joined
Apr 8, 2025
Threads
3
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Location
California
Car(s)
2024, Nissan z
Has anyone done a intake valve maintenance at the dealership to prevent carbon deposits or DIY themselves. I'm hitting 30k miles soon and was wondering if anyone has considered it. Im trying to avoid it getting so bad that walnut blasting is the only option.
 

haohmaru

Well-Known Member
First Name
Gregory
Joined
Apr 8, 2025
Threads
13
Messages
197
Reaction score
316
Location
New England
Car(s)
24 Z Perf / 13 WRX
Have you checked them with a Boro scope? I'm curious how much or if any. Carbon buildup speculation has been a source of contention on here lol.
 
Last edited:
OP
OP

sherlla

Member
First Name
sherlla
Joined
Apr 8, 2025
Threads
3
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Location
California
Car(s)
2024, Nissan z
Have you checked them with a Boro scope? I'm curious how much or if any. Carbon buildup speculation has been a source of contention on here lol.
Carbon deposit happens over time and I'm sure I don't have much, I'm just trying to remove any now before more forms. I've heard that arosol cleaners are recommended to use to clean every 30-40k miles to prevent caked carbon at higher miles. I drive alot so I know I'm going to be hitting 100k in like 3 years. Asking for anyone's experience on this matter.
 

RHE2026

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
105
Reaction score
68
Location
USA
Car(s)
2026 Heritage Edition
Does your car have an oil catch can installed? I have been curious about keeping those valves clean as well. The direct injection engines are prone to carbon buildup on the valves unlike the fuel injection 350 Z I owned where the fuel reaches the valves and the detergent cleans them.
 

KrackaC8

Well-Known Member
First Name
Christopher
Joined
Nov 23, 2025
Threads
9
Messages
1,307
Reaction score
1,915
Location
Sioux City, IA
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance, 2024 Grand Cherokee, 2023 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Commodities
 






Top