First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z, 2022 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Nursing Home Administrator
I took delivery of my Friday evening and drove it around a bit on Saturday. After owning 2020 Supra for 3 1/2 years, I was interested in seeing how the 2 vehicles compare. Short story is you can definitely tell the difference in BMW/Toyota vs Nissan. Here are some of my initial comparisons and impressions:

Car exterior: The color pops a lot more in person than pictures show.Being able to see the different Z generations in the design gives it a nostalgic feeling.

Interior: The interior is very simplistic and minimal, but not lacking for a sports car. The gauges on the dash give a classic and sporty feel. The cluster itself can beawitched between 3 modes (sport, standard, and enhanced)easily while on the fly. The infotainment screen blends in well with the dash. Compared to the Supra, the interior feels much more spacious and not as busy. Best part is I don’t have to consciously watch my head getting in and out of the Z like I did the Supra. Plenty of space.

Driving: No wind buffeting with the windows down was nice. I didn’t get a chance to drive around too much so not much for comparison. What I did notice is the Z feels much more mechanical and driver engaged than the Supra did. I felt more driver feedback while out and about than I ever did with the Supra. I’ll give more feedback on driving as I get it out more and plan a day out with friends that have stock Supras.

Extra little goodies: The blind spot monitoring light is not on the side mirrors outside of the vehicle, but on the plastic trim piece inside where the mirrors would connect. Much easier to see than a light on the mirrors. The hatch button on the Nissan logo on the bumper is very convenient. The Supra didn’t have that so it was always a pain to open the hatch with my hands full.

I’ll update more as time goes on and I get more chances to get out and have fun.

IMG_9042.jpeg
IMG_9040.jpeg

IMG_9041.jpeg

IMG_9039.jpeg

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
@Zupra88, I don't remember if you said. Did you get the manual or the auto? Did you get the graphite interior?

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
Congrats and good review

OP
OP
Zupra88

Zupra88

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Congrats and good review
Thank you! I’m hoping to have more comparisons when I can schedule with friends that have Supras and we have nice weather.

OP
OP
Zupra88

Zupra88

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
My favorite color combo. It looks like you got the same option pack as me: floor mats, kick plates, scuff guards. Nice.
The illuminated kick plates are nice, but I love the scuff guards. The carbon fiber guards are a very nice touch to finish out the interior. I’ve gotta find some weather tech (or similar) floor mats soon.

HP Proto

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z Proto Spec
Occupation
Broadcast Engineer
The illuminated kick plates are nice, but I love the scuff guards. The carbon fiber guards are a very nice touch to finish out the interior. I’ve gotta find some weather tech (or similar) floor mats soon.
Let us know when you find weather mats.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO

nissan makes OEM weather mats

ive ordered them march 19th but they are still on back order even though ive already seen them in a few Zs

Part Number: T99E4-6GP0A

1683576736637.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zupra88

Zupra88

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
nissan makes OEM weather mats

ive ordered them march 19 but they are still on back order even though ive already seen them in a few Zs

1683576736637.png
Thank you for this info! I'm headed to their site to order now.

Georges1

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1972 Datsun 240Z
Occupation
Safety Engineer
My favorite color combo. It looks like you got the same option pack as me: floor mats, kick plates, scuff guards. Nice.
I like the all black interior. Looks really nice.