Sponsored

Idle relearn after CAI install?

Neutr0n

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2025
Threads
9
Messages
65
Reaction score
67
Location
Alberta
Car(s)
AW11, 3IS250, RZ34, ST185
Do you all have done the idle relearn after installing the air intake? is there a way to do it without a scanner?
 

Nis Mo Z

Well-Known Member
First Name
Moses
Joined
May 30, 2025
Threads
2
Messages
266
Reaction score
561
Location
Loganville, Georgia
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Fairlady Z Nismo EWP
Occupation
service tech
I didn’t know such a thing was needed. I just drove the car after the intake install
 

KrackaC8

Well-Known Member
First Name
Christopher
Joined
Nov 23, 2025
Threads
9
Messages
1,357
Reaction score
1,966
Location
Sioux City, IA
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance, 2024 Grand Cherokee, 2023 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Commodities
I did not perform the idle relearn and it smoothed out nicely on its own. Even more so once RacBox fixed a small vacuum leak they discovered elsewhere when dyno tuning it.
 

FSUZ33

Well-Known Member
First Name
Chad
Joined
Feb 23, 2025
Threads
44
Messages
1,531
Reaction score
1,935
Location
Tallahassee, FL
Car(s)
ā€˜24 Z NISMO
Same here. Nothing special done, nor did I notice any changes/issues after install.
Didn't know about a relearn. I did disconnect the battery to avoid any issues by unplugging the MAF sensors. Not sure if that had any effect, or was even necessary.
 

Howdog70

Well-Known Member
First Name
Howard
Joined
Jan 19, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
48
Reaction score
73
Location
Los Angeles
Car(s)
240Z
No issues installing and then removing Nismo CAI. Idle was perfect going both ways.
 

FatRatZ

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
77
Reaction score
114
Location
PA
Car(s)
2024 Heritage Z, 26 Infiniti QX60, 27 Infiniti QX80, 15 Infiniti Q50 and others
I just removed the originals and put in the Nismo CAIs. Didn’t do anything special and didn’t notice any idle changes at all. Ran just fine.
 
OP
OP
Neutr0n

Neutr0n

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2025
Threads
9
Messages
65
Reaction score
67
Location
Alberta
Car(s)
AW11, 3IS250, RZ34, ST185
ok good to know. i did it once for a customer at the dealer for a 350z so i was wondering if it was same here.

thanks for all the input
 
 






Top