How/what exactly are you placing your order at dealerships ?

Mardoc01

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan max plat.
For instance. Color of your choice, then sport vs performance,auto vs manual…..that’s it ? what else would you need to remember to specify with the dealer ?

OreicReynier

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 Mazda3
Any neutral color, black or red interior, performance, manual. No adms here really so not something I am worried about.

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
Graphite coating, window etch, LoJack, Protection Trim Package, Blinker light fluid top-off, full tank of gas, nitrogen tire air...

Gimme everything...I just wanna drive!

tcaustin

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GMC Sierra
Occupation
Physician
Same for me
Blue on blue, performance, manual
Second choice would be black with red interior
Third choice gun metal with blue or red

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
I'll probably wait on CPO or slightly used if the used car market normalizes, if not then... New White (or Silver) + Red, Performance, Manual, No Dealer extras, so I'll probably be going out of state as most all NC dealers are operated by Hendrick/Sonic and they all add a $1500-$2500 "dealer package" on top of MSRP or listed 'sale' price.

Lvckv69

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 911
I got $9k to put down and $4k equity for my trade-in. You got any manuals? preferably gun metal or blue

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
You can't "order" a new Z in the USA.
What you can do is let a dealer know what you want, get on a list, and when they get allocated the Z you want, they should notify you in order of who's on a waitlist. Then the next step will be negotiating the price on the car. It's a very bad market for buyers, so get ready to grab your ankles. And MANY dealers give zero effs about being decent these days, they have no legal binding to honoring a price on your waitlist/deposit. They may say "no ADM" when you get on a waitlist, they may take a deposit, they may put it in writing. None of which binds them to keep their word. If the Z is hot and hard to get, they won't blink an eye to flip the script on you.

This has been happening all over the industry lately. Especially with the Ford Bronco, and even the new Tundra.....

H2O_Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Supra MkV, 370Z 6MT
Occupation
Friggin’ Scientist
Graphite coating, window etch, LoJack, Protection Trim Package, Blinker light fluid top-off, full tank of gas, nitrogen tire air...

Gimme everything...I just wanna drive!
Haha. I looked at a used C7 Z51 that the dealer added wheel locks and “nitrogen for life!” (the most abundant gas in the atmosphere) to the car. All for the low-low price of $695.

Last edited:

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
Yellow, performance, manual. Preferably red interior. If you don't have one, see if you can trade for one. If not, I'll wait...

Oh, and NO dealer add-on's, especially extended warranty. As soon as the factory warranty is over, I'll be moddin'!

Lvckv69

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 911
If you are the buyer with the most money regardless of being last on the waitlist. I guarantee you that you will be the first one to get it ? and one, they won't let anybody know, of if you find out, they will switch the script on you. They don't care. However, I doubt the new Z's will be hard to get.

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
You can't "order" a new Z in the USA.
What you can do is let a dealer know what you want, get on a list, and when they get allocated the Z you want, they should notify you in order of who's on a waitlist. Then the next step will be negotiating the price on the car. It's a very bad market for buyers, so get ready to grab your ankles. And MANY dealers give zero effs about being decent these days, they have no legal binding to honoring a price on your waitlist/deposit. They may say "no ADM" when you get on a waitlist, they may take a deposit, they may put it in writing. None of which binds them to keep their word. If the Z is hot and hard to get, they won't blink an eye to flip the script on you.

This has been happening all over the industry lately. Especially with the Ford Bronco, and even the new Tundra.....
When you say "you can't order a new Z in the USA", do you mean initially? Or do you mean even down the road in say, 2023 or 2024?

I'm not familiar buying a Nissan, but I expected after the initial rush, once things settled down, it would be like ordering any other new vehicle?

Also regarding the new Bronco, yes it's been a rude awakening for some folks, ordering a year out and then getting hit with ADMs and extra item charges on delivery. The people in good shape are those who followed Ford's own guidance, and got an agreed purchase agreement from the dealer when ordering. While nothing 100% prevents a dealer from trying to shaft a customer, having an agreed and signed purchase agreement goes a long way to preventing hassles on delivery.